Get Ready for a Western Adventure-August 2017 Wish Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

QOTD: one of my issues is that we eat lunch at work to early, around noon. Since I don't get home for dinner until after 6pm, I am usually ravenous by then. I MUST get into a routine to bring a healthy snack for the afternoon. I did well this week with carrots and a cheese stick. I used hard boiled eggs in the past, too. And cherry tomatoes. I know what to do, I just need to keep up with it!

Hi all - been away for awhile. apparently at some point after I said I was ready to get back on track I ended up at Whataburger that night - omg! Homecooked dinner plans turned south so my husband shouted go get Whataburger and didn't even challenge him. After I ate I remembered "oh yeah - FOCUS!!!" I've been much better and have started journaling again. What a difference!!!

Today was spent 3 hrs at DPS getting my son;s permit then to school for more line waiting to pick up his school schedule, then dropped off at the mall (living the teenage dream right here today) then my youngest wanted to go to the food court since we've made significant cuts in out eating out habits (yeah I know what about that Whataburger). Luckily I brought a snack with me in the car this morning so I still had that but I did take 1 bite of his egg roll and 3 pcs of his orange chicken - and I wrote it down.

I know I'm getting back into this when I'm having anxiety about missing my morning workout and planning on squeezing it in early evening.

My pants aren't pinching my belly today - but maybe it's just 2nd day jeans LOL (but no even then they've still been too tight the next day) so hoping things are moving the right direction.

QOTD: my problem behavior is the 3-4pm ravenous feeling. I do so well early in the day but then fall about btwn lunch and dinner. My plan is to up the water, keeping that bottle near me. I'm really bad about my water intake. Oh and I'm struggling with the weekend pot of coffee w hubby, relaxing etc. I don;t do coffee during the week and that's our thing together on the weekends. I've stopped using sugar and just plan to measure out my creamer and start transitioning to lighter milks in it. I'm one of those "would like some coffee with your cream?" people LOL.

But measuring and adding up those calories kind of helps to see the damage!!

Have a a great day!

So I weighed myself again this morning (I know I am being crazy with it) and I am down another pound. So total so far this week is 1.5 pounds. Another half pound and I will back at my beginning weight for the month. I did walk on the treadmill last night. The more I move the better i feel and I am not as sore, until I sit down. I went really slow. I only went at a pace of 1.5 or 2.0 mph. Just a nice slow walk just to get my steps.

YES!!!!! The scale moved!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Down half a kilo (a little over a pound). Also, this is definitely the lowest since coming back from vacation and only one day was 0.1 kilo lighter in June ever since February.

I am still highly motivated, but seeing success really helps so much with motivation!!

Today had a slow start as most of my Saturdays tend to have. But I got shopping and some basic meal planning done. Now I am having a coffee break in town searching for some picture frames to put up posters that I bought years ago...

QOTD: I'v been putting on mu workout clothes when I get up and getting my water bottle ready so when I drop kiddo off at band camp I'm ready to go workout. I've worked out both days this weekend which is something I have not done in a loooong time. The lazy coffee thing had become my routine. So this weekend I again got dressed in workout clothes, had 1 cup then got to work!!

Sweetpeama: good luck at the fair!! Stay away from the dangerous food :)

Flossbolna: congrats on the scale victory - that's always encouraging.

Sweetpeama: Question - do we post on here our progress or do you prefer a private mssg. Didn't know if you had a preference. I recall yrs ago we had to pm the person so they didn't miss something in a post.

Anyway my renewed focus has paid off and my weigh-in friday was down 3.6 so far this month making it 72% of my goal of 5lbs.

While I'm excited I still get the anxiety knowing that's the usual 'beginners luck' so to speak and will soon slow down but I need to embrace it anyway.

My family just called me asking if I wanted breakfast tacos!? No thank you!!! Had my healthy choices today. also declined the McDonalds ice cream cone last night. Woohoo!

Focus focus focus!

DisFam95 either is fine.

Yesterday's results Showmanship Blue Molting Blue Normal Fur missed due to letting little kid pet and then too many people blocking her to get to the holding area so that was a scratch Dutch Senior Buck 4th place Netherland Dwarf Senior Buck 3rd place and hopping blue ribbon- someone decided it was a nice time to take a bath.
Today is modeling clothes keeping the club area during the poultry show and checking out the rabbits.
Steps walked at fair yesterday 3963.

Last edited:
So far I've logged all my food this week!

I was a bit unsure what I was going to do about yesterday. We had planned a trip over the mountains to see the in laws and to prepare for that ordeal (ha ha) we usually take a little detour to another town and grab their pizza/salad lunch special. Since the yummy salad with shaved Parmesan usually is drenched in some delicious vinaigrette I didn't know how I was going to figure that out! Fortunately for me our schedule changed at 10:30 Friday night and we'd be eating lunch at home before the lovely three hour drive for a two hour visit and then three hour drive home. arrrggghh! So instead of doing a power walk in the morning I ran errands. The rest of the day was sitting, sitting, sitting (I did stand for most of the visit, so hips didn't scream at me too bad!). Only 2,000 steps yesterday. Today I made DH go for a walk with me this evening. I don't think he was thrilled I chose a route with lots of hills (he'd gone for a two hour bike ride on hills earlier in the day--burned 1100 calories).

QOTD: my worst time of day is the afternoon. They just seem to go on forever. To combat that a bit I take my lunch around 1 or 1:30. I also used to never snack at work but then I figured out that when I got home I'd eat everything in sight! Now I have some almonds around 10 and that's not a problem anymore. What is a problem that I have a plan for (DH isn't going to like it!) is before dinner. DH walks to work (so do I) when the kids were little we'd pick him up from work so he'd have more time with them. Now he has a different job and he rarely gets off on time. So I am on hold waiting for his phone call. I can't start dinner because who knows when I'll have to leave in the middle of preparation?! I eat way too much junk sitting around waiting. We become empty nesters next week and I've decided he should just walk home whenever he gets off work.

QOTD: One of my goals a couple months ago was to go to the Y every morning. I go on Tues and Thurs because I take a great class and love the people in it. The only problem is MWF I am soooo bored. Working out by myself is not fun. I don't love working out so I need people to make it fun. For a while our group was meeting on the off days and playing pickleball. Then the weather got nice and those players went back to their usual walking routine. Tomorrow they are playing pickleball outside at 6 AM. It should be fun and we'll find out if it'll be too dark. So I've got one day covered! The rest.. I dunno!

QOTD: I am at a bit of a loss there. I restarted running last week and it was going great. I only had a break of about one month so I could see that I did not have to start from new again. I went out for three half hour runs during the week and then yesterday did a 45 minute run. I was a bit tired towards the end and had some slight issues with my right knee very briefly during the run. 5 hours later I visited my parents, who live in a 5th floor condo. I felt strong and climbed all the stairs up their condo. We had a lovely visit and at the end I was going to walk down the stairs. And my right knee screamed!! I could not hold myself on the right leg when stepping down with the left leg. It came totally suddenly as I had just minutes before walked up and down the stairs inside my parents' place. Walking was fine and pain free and I walked home (with a slight detour), iced my knee and tried to forget about it. I could still feel that even when I am not moving that it feels slightly uncomfortable. It got better over night and I can climb stairs up and down again but only with slight discomfort, so I avoid it at the moment. So, my plan of running again three times this week most likely will not happen... Which is a shame as I was enjoying getting back into it so much!! I think I might have to get out one of my exercise DVDs...

In other news, the scale stopped moving again... The scary part is that it claims that my body fat content is increasing. Not sure what that is about. I hope it is not totally true that I am only losing muscle, not fat. I guess I just try to keep up as well as possible. At least I did manage to pack my new standard afternoon snack of a cheese stick and two large carrots.

QOTD: I am at a bit of a loss there. I restarted running last week and it was going great. I only had a break of about one month so I could see that I did not have to start from new again. I went out for three half hour runs during the week and then yesterday did a 45 minute run. I was a bit tired towards the end and had some slight issues with my right knee very briefly during the run. 5 hours later I visited my parents, who live in a 5th floor condo. I felt strong and climbed all the stairs up their condo. We had a lovely visit and at the end I was going to walk down the stairs. And my right knee screamed!! I could not hold myself on the right leg when stepping down with the left leg. It came totally suddenly as I had just minutes before walked up and down the stairs inside my parents' place. Walking was fine and pain free and I walked home (with a slight detour), iced my knee and tried to forget about it. I could still feel that even when I am not moving that it feels slightly uncomfortable. It got better over night and I can climb stairs up and down again but only with slight discomfort, so I avoid it at the moment. So, my plan of running again three times this week most likely will not happen... Which is a shame as I was enjoying getting back into it so much!! I think I might have to get out one of my exercise DVDs...

Yikes that doesn't sound like fun! It's always a bummer when you have the motivation/strategy to meet your exercise goals and your body tells you otherwise. But we have to listen to our bodies or we will end up even worse off! Hopefully your knee gets back to 100% soon.

In other news, the scale stopped moving again... The scary part is that it claims that my body fat content is increasing. Not sure what that is about. I hope it is not totally true that I am only losing muscle, not fat. I guess I just try to keep up as well as possible. At least I did manage to pack my new standard afternoon snack of a cheese stick and two large carrots.

Wait there's a scale that tells you your body fat??

Check in -- I am still up .6 pounds from the beginning of the month. so 0%. But I did lose 1.5 pounds last week and I plan to do that again this week.

QOTD -- I am pretty sure that I have pulled my hamstring. Yesterday I could not get my 10,000 steps in. I was walking with my husband until I couldn't walk any more. I did get 9,000 + steps though. The kids are at my in-laws this week so I have will have no problem getting my steps as long as I pace myself. My husband and I have plans to go walking each night and to each really good.

Hello All! I have been MIA the last week with trying to get ready for our trip on top of the usual day to day. I wanted to report in I am at 3lbs gone so 50 %. I was hoping to be more as I am nervous about this trip.

It is basically a week long road trip opposed to a destination trip. I am not good without any plan. I have the few snacks and such for the cooler but there is just not a lot of room for food. The gear for the eclipse (telescopes, cameras, binoculars, lenses, chairs, umbrellas...takes up so much room as well as regular luggage.

i have been doing good with the food and my steps this month so I plan on keeping it up even if I have to walk circles around the hotels.

Yikes that doesn't sound like fun! It's always a bummer when you have the motivation/strategy to meet your exercise goals and your body tells you otherwise. But we have to listen to our bodies or we will end up even worse off! Hopefully your knee gets back to 100% soon.

Wait there's a scale that tells you your body fat??

Thanks! I iced the knee again tonight and did some googling as to what it might be - the patella tendon. So, I will do something strengthening exercises for the knee today and a good stretching session, maybe even get out the foam roller. It says stretching your calves is important and that is a problem area for me...

The scale is this one https://health.nokia.com/de/en/body-plus I like it because it integrates with my Fitbit app. And the body fat is interesting, but sometimes quite a bit off (jumps around wildly and not in connection with my weight going up and down), but it gives you a trend at least.

Check in -- I am still up .6 pounds from the beginning of the month. so 0%. But I did lose 1.5 pounds last week and I plan to do that again this week.

QOTD -- I am pretty sure that I have pulled my hamstring. Yesterday I could not get my 10,000 steps in. I was walking with my husband until I couldn't walk any more. I did get 9,000 + steps though. The kids are at my in-laws this week so I have will have no problem getting my steps as long as I pace myself. My husband and I have plans to go walking each night and to each really good.

Good luck with the next 1.5 pounds! And I hope your injury will go away soon!

Hello All! I have been MIA the last week with trying to get ready for our trip on top of the usual day to day. I wanted to report in I am at 3lbs gone so 50 %. I was hoping to be more as I am nervous about this trip.

It is basically a week long road trip opposed to a destination trip. I am not good without any plan. I have the few snacks and such for the cooler but there is just not a lot of room for food. The gear for the eclipse (telescopes, cameras, binoculars, lenses, chairs, umbrellas...takes up so much room as well as regular luggage.

i have been doing good with the food and my steps this month so I plan on keeping it up even if I have to walk circles around the hotels.

Oh, an eclipse trip! We had a full solar eclipse when I lived in Munich (Germany) and it was soooo cool! I hope you will have good weather for it. I thought it was a bit crazy when everyone was saying how there would be wind just before it got "dark", but it was totally true and I absolutely could see how people would think this was the sign of the end of the world before they understood the science behind it.

Good luck with keeping up while away. One thing I noticed when traveling is that it helps to stop at chains for food as they will give you nutritional value and therefore make decisions easier.

For my weekly update: I'm down 4 lbs out of 5 and I'm PUMPED! I think the 30 Day Shred is actually helping! I've never lost weight this quickly before, but more importantly I feel myself getting stronger. So that's 80% for weight loss. Speaking of 30 Day Shred, I had to sit out of yesterday's workout. After doing the workout on Saturday my back felt out of funk (seems like a bad weekend for a lot of us!) and I didn't want to make it worse, so I'm at 12/14 (86%) days on my exercise goal.

So combining those my total is 84% thus far.

Hey Everyone! I'm back from a wonderful week at Disney and so happy to report that I didn't gain!!! I definitely had some indulgences but when presented with healthier options, I would do that sometimes as well rather than treat the whole week like a free for all. I think that really kept me on track. One downside though -- I did come back with a cold :( So I am not feeling up to jumping right back on the workout band wagon as I had planned. But hopefully, in a few days I will be ready to go again.

I've been skimming through the thread -- y'all take care of those injuries! Awesome progress I see too -- congrats!

Today has been a rest and recovery day from the weekend. My legs are so swollen I am over my scale limit since Friday. Didn't weigh over the weekend to save some time in the mornings. Phone is being funky so will end this until can be on computer after a long soak.

Are there activities, or times that this is a challenge for you and what is something that you can do to change or a replacement for your activity.

I find that my work schedule (meaning that I am not always in the same place each day - and I know some places I visit and access to fridges/microwaves etc better than others) combined with just the morning grind getting me and the kids ready and out the door - means that I can easily run out of time in the mornings and run out the door with nothing - or depending on where I am working that day it will either influence me to make the time to pack something or to just think I will grab something on the run nearby. The trouble I noticed yesterday is that I am really entrenched in being drawn to takeout as a first option when I don't take lunch with me and it is also influenced by the convenience - so I was in an areas where I could have dropped into the supermarket and grabbed a few healthy snack options (e.g. turkey, cheese/crackers, banana - which I have done previously), a subway nearby (but it is awkward to get to and parking is a nightmare) and I opted for drive thru KFC! Now I will say I think I was also influenced emotionally - I had been up since about 4.30am getting the twins ready for camp with them dropped at school by 6am - so by lunchtime (with no morning snacks on me) I was starving! and thinking about the kids hoping all was going well with their camp arrival.

going on vacation

Have a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear all about it.

I know what to do, I just need to keep up with it!

You will get there :-) - the knowing is soooo much easier than the doing haha

QOTD How this week will you intentionally get in some activity.

Well as it is already my Tuesday I need to get going on this! DS16 has hockey training tonight and I am going to walk around the field for at least 15 minutes while he trains. On the days I am at the base office - I am going to do a lap of the school each time I need to visit the restroom (a lap takes me about 8 minutes)

My family just called me asking if I wanted breakfast tacos!? No thank you!!! Had my healthy choices today. also declined the McDonalds ice cream cone last night. Woohoo!

Good job hanging in there in the face of temptation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter