Get yer lugs on we're going to Disney - July 16 TR (update 8/11) Football and Chili's

That's so funny about Alan's shirt! I was scrolling up and down between the pictures before I got to your comment about it actually being the same shirt, because I was like, "Is that the same shirt in 2008?" lol! Pretty cool he only wears it on his first MK days now :)

I was doing the same thing! I kept looking at the pics trying to figure it out!

I just found your report and I absolutely love it! Love your accents.

:welcome: Glad you are enjoying the trip so far! Yep, Disney with a Scottish accent!

I have to admit I'm loving everything Scottish right now since I'm a big Outlander fan.

I have to admit I've never watched Outlander but I believe it is on Netflix so must watch an episode some time. We have binged watched all 5 series of "Outnumbered" a British sitcom over the summer which we all enjoyed.

The recreated photos are great. I also noticed the same shirt. Everyone else in the pictures but Alan changed.

Thanks. Not just the same shirt but shorts as well. Not quite sure how he manages it! Maybe he's a lost boy!

Your daughter is a lovely young woman now.
Thanks - particularly happy when in holiday mode!

My youngest is 17 and she's the second girl so I know all about limiting primping time.

I wasn't really into make up so it surprises me how much make up is needed to go out for the day.

We caught the ferry one day on our last trip and missed the opening show too. But it was our first time on it since 2002 so that was nice.

It all takes such a long time from arriving at the parking lot. That was a long time between ferry rides.. those old and new photos would be interesting!

I'm looking forward to more!

Plenty more to come! stay tuned..! Have just gone over to your trip report to catch up. Will be along to comment in the near future.

That's so funny about Alan's shirt! I was scrolling up and down between the pictures before I got to your comment about it actually being the same shirt, because I was like, "Is that the same shirt in 2008?" lol! Pretty cool he only wears it on his first MK days now :)

Well spotted! You don't think I'd let him out looking like that the rest of the time! ;)

Steve and I are staying at WL in a couple weeks and I'm really looking forward to taking the ferry over to MK :goodvibes

It will be the resort launch with the red flag you will get from the boat dock at Wilderness Lodge. What a great way to arrive at the Magic Kingdom!

I had a look to see if I had any photos of the boat launches from Wilderness Lodge.

In this one we are in one of the bigger boats looking towards one of the little boats.

The smaller boats have lovely little wooden seats.

Leaving from the boat dock! Happy days! - makes me want to go back!

Also I love Hannah's shirt with Mickey and Walt on Main St.!

I love that t-shirt too -just right for the MK!

I was doing the same thing! I kept looking at the pics trying to figure it out!
lol and :welcome:

I have to admit I've never watched Outlander but I believe it is on Netflix so must watch an episode some time. We have binged watched all 5 series of "Outnumbered" a British sitcom over the summer which we all enjoyed.

I've read all the Oulander books. Makes me want to go to Scotland even more. I'm not familiar with "Outnumbered" may have to check that out.

Thanks. Not just the same shirt but shorts as well. Not quite sure how he manages it! Maybe he's a lost boy!

He definitely in some kind of time warp.

Plenty more to come! stay tuned..! Have just gone over to your trip report to catch up. Will be along to comment in the near future.

Thank you! Looking forward to your input.

I've read all the Oulander books. Makes me want to go to Scotland even more. I'm not familiar with "Outnumbered" may have to check that out.

Now is a great time to come to Scotland given the weak pound at present. If you ever do come let me know and I can help you plan. For a little taste of Scotland have a look at the Interlude: September Weekend in Scotland on my other trip report. It is listed on the links on the first page.

He definitely in some kind of time warp.
:laughing:

Thank you! Looking forward to your input.
Thank you for sharing your trip!

Day Two Part Two: I wasn’t expecting that!

Tuesday 5th July 2016

Here we were back at Magic Kingdom. Alan was selected for the enhanced security. I just love the buzz of Main Street USA first thing in the morning with all the cast members outside the shops waving. I had agreed ahead of time with Alan we would be stopping for a family photo on Main Street.

It was so good to be back!

The plan for today was to go straight to Splash Mountain and then ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We always start our trip this way, so why break from traditions? We hadn’t yet bought in groceries for breakfast so this morning we would get breakfast after these rides.

I paused for another photo. Everything is so pretty!

The boys were telling us to get a move on!

We hurried along to Frontierland cutting through Adventureland. We were soon at Splash Mountain but one look told us that there wasn’t going to be much splashing going on.

The ride wasn’t running due to a technical fault. Ok, onward to Big Thunder. We were quickly on Big Thunder. We decided we would visit the Haunted Mansion before breakfast. I shared a Doom Buggy with Hannah. It was a bit disconcerting to see our names on a tombstone at the end of the ride.

First morning breakfast called for an option that could only be considered on holiday. We headed to Sleepy Hollow. I went to get an order of 4 ice cream cookie sandwiches. I had mint choc chip which is my favourite flavour. There was also the option of Cookies and Cream.

You may remember last year we had a visitor to our table.

This year we had a visitor of the human variety. We had just started eating our ice cream cookie sandwiches when a friendly cast member approached our table and started chatting to us. We chatted about Scotland and his home town in America. Hannah and Peter love chatting to people and shared stories with him and experiences of their grandparents growing up. I could hear my ice cream dripping onto the table as I wasn’t eating it quickly enough in the heat. I politely excused myself to get a couple of napkins and spoons. The cast member asked if were planning to stay for the day at Magic Kingdom. We told him that we were planning to stay until late afternoon. He told us about the Festival of Fantasy Parade and asked if we would be able to help him. We said, “Yes, certainly” and he invited us to be the Grand Marshall for the Festival of Fantasy Parade. We said “Thank you” and made arrangements to meet up at 2:30pm.

Wow, did that really just happen? I could hardly contain my excitement!

Here we were back at Magic Kingdom. Alan was selected for the enhanced security.

Yay! Pixie dust!!

Wait.... that isn't Pixie dust, is it.

Nevermind.

I just love the buzz of Main Street USA first thing in the morning with all the cast members outside the shops waving.

::yes::

It was so good to be back!

I believe you! Look at all those smiles!

The plan for today was to go straight to Splash Mountain and then ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Good plan, although I usually will flip it.

The boys were telling us to get a move on!

:laughing: "Rides first! Photos later!"

We were soon at Splash Mountain but one look told us that there wasn’t going to be much splashing going on.

Poop.

It was a bit disconcerting to see our names on a tombstone at the end of the ride.

What? What? What???? Where does this happen? How did I not know about this? What???? DETAILS WOMAN!!!

First morning breakfast called for an option that could only be considered on holiday. We headed to Sleepy Hollow. I went to get an order of 4 ice cream cookie sandwiches.

I don't see what the problem is. You have your 4 basic food groups represented. Cookies, ice cream, cookies and ice cream.

The cast member asked if were planning to stay for the day at Magic Kingdom. We told him that we were planning to stay until late afternoon. He told us about the Festival of Fantasy Parade and asked if we would be able to help him. We said, “Yes, certainly” and he invited us to be the Grand Marshall for the Festival of Fantasy Parade. We said “Thank you” and made arrangements to meet up at 2:30pm.

You said "thank you"..... You didn't jump up and down and run around in circles????????

That's better.

I just love the buzz of Main Street USA first thing in the morning with all the cast members outside the shops waving.

Me too! It just brings tears to my eyes.

I paused for another photo. Everything is so pretty!

Beautiful! I can't wait to see the completed area. They were still working on it last we were there.

We were soon at Splash Mountain but one look told us that there wasn’t going to be much splashing going on.

Bummer. This is my favorite MK ride.

OMG! I'm squealing for you. What fabulous luck. Can't wait to hear the details.

Now is a great time to come to Scotland given the weak pound at present. If you ever do come let me know and I can help you plan. For a little taste of Scotland have a look at the Interlude: September Weekend in Scotland on my other trip report. It is listed on the links on the first page.

I found your first report and read the Weekend trip. Scotland is so beautiful. It's great you got to enjoy the beauty with a sunny weekend. Hopefully someday I'll make it there. I'm going to read the rest of the report now.

Oh wow, how amazing to be chosen to be the Grand Marshalls, I can't wait to read all about it :goodvibes

What? What? What???? Where does this happen? How did I not know about this? What???? DETAILS WOMAN!!!

It was at the end section with the hitch hiking ghosts. Our ghost drops a picture frame over us and then we appeared in an old style black and white portrait, when he lifted it back up it revealed two tombstones with our names on. Alan and Peter's ghoul was holding up a sign saying United Kingdom here we come!

You said "thank you"..... You didn't jump up and down and run around in circles????????
Well you know us reserved Brits! We said "Thank you, that's very kind of you, we really appreciate it!" I may have been doing cartwheels on the inside. :yay:

Beautiful! I can't wait to see the completed area. They were still working on it last we were there.

I really liked how it turned out!

OMG! I'm squealing for you. What fabulous luck. Can't wait to hear the details.

I know! I somehow thought they chose people with cute kids!

I found your first report and read the Weekend trip. Scotland is so beautiful. It's great you got to enjoy the beauty with a sunny weekend. Hopefully someday I'll make it there. I'm going to read the rest of the report now.

It really is a beautiful country - just wish the weather was better. It rained all day today! Enjoy the rest of the 2015 report and feel free to comment.

Oh wow, how amazing to be chosen to be the Grand Marshalls, I can't wait to read all about it :goodvibes

It was an amazing experience! We were definitely pixie dusted! pixiedust:

I am back from Scotland and all caught up. Your country is beautiful. I had an amazing time although I swear Edinburgh is all UP hill no matter what way you are going. My mom is never allowed to be in charge of the map again.

That is awesome being chosen to be grand marshalls. I was sort of in the parade a couple of years ago. I was in Disney right before the 7 Dwarves Mine Train opened and I heard there was a soft opening occurring. I got there but it was just CM's riding. I didn't want to get stuck in the park for the parade as I had already seen it. I asked a CM how to get out of the park quickly and he said "Go right down the middle of Main Street." So I did - right behind the car with the Grand Marshalls.

It was at the end section with the hitch hiking ghosts. Our ghost drops a picture frame over us and then we appeared in an old style black and white portrait, when he lifted it back up it revealed two tombstones with our names on. Alan and Peter's ghoul was holding up a sign saying United Kingdom here we come!

I had no idea this happened! I think every time (lately) that I've done it, I've seen the head swap. This is new to me.

Well you know us reserved Brits! We said "Thank you, that's very kind of you, we really appreciate it!" I may have been doing cartwheels on the inside. :yay:

:laughing: Okay, fair enough.

I am back from Scotland and all caught up.

:wave: Welcome back!

Your country is beautiful.

Thank you!

I had an amazing time although I swear Edinburgh is all UP hill no matter what way you are going. My mom is never allowed to be in charge of the map again.

Glad to hear you had a good trip. Edinburgh is a bit hilly in places. There is a reason why the centre of Edinburgh is called The Mound. Are you exhausted? Have you warmed up yet?

That is awesome being chosen to be grand marshalls.

It was quite unexpected!

was sort of in the parade a couple of years ago. I was in Disney right before the 7 Dwarves Mine Train opened and I heard there was a soft opening occurring. I got there but it was just CM's riding. I didn't want to get stuck in the park for the parade as I had already seen it. I asked a CM how to get out of the park quickly and he said "Go right down the middle of Main Street." So I did - right behind the car with the Grand Marshalls.

Well I hope you waved at everyone and did a little dance as you made your way up Main Street!

I had no idea this happened! I think every time (lately) that I've done it, I've seen the head swap. This is new to me.

Well hopefully you'll have time to do it on your upcoming trip. All thanks to the wonders of magic band technology a.k.a the tracking device.

OMG, so THAT's the pixie dust you eluded to at the end of your other TR!!! How fantastic pixiedust: But that's what people always say about getting to open the MK, be "family of the day" somewhere, Grand Marshals, etc. It's totally random and almost always unexpected, and you can't really put any rhyme or reason to it. Which it what keeps it so magical :goodvibes

Well hopefully you'll have time to do it on your upcoming trip.

Hopefully?
I may do HM several times, but I will never not do it!

All thanks to the wonders of magic band technology a.k.a the tracking device.

You know, I really don't mind if they're tracking me. They keep doing cool stuff, so I'm okay with it.

A visit to Scotland is definitely on my bucket list! Oh and I'll agree with @vamassey1 with the Outlander recommendation. I absolutely love the show.

Great family photo! So sorry about the breaking of your Splash Mtn tradition but glad you got on BTMRR. We missed HM this trip bc the 4 yr old refused (I told my parents to go on but they wouldn't) so I missed the new personalized stuff at the end. Not sure what I'm going to do to convince AJ to try it next June.

Yum, ice cream for breakfast! I want to try the Nutella waffle myself.

Awesome on the Grand Marshall thing! How exciting! Can't wait to read all about it!

OMG, so THAT's the pixie dust you eluded to at the end of your other TR!!! How fantastic pixiedust: But that's what people always say about getting to open the MK, be "family of the day" somewhere, Grand Marshals, etc. It's totally random and almost always unexpected, and you can't really put any rhyme or reason to it. Which it what keeps it so magical :goodvibes

At least you didn't have too long to wait to find out! The initial interaction is totally random but they definitely do not always then proceed to sprinkle the pixie dust. I will elaborate on this later. It was indeed magical!

Hopefully?
I may do HM several times, but I will never not do it!

It's all about priorities! HM never grows old.

You know, I really don't mind if they're tracking me. They keep doing cool stuff, so I'm okay with it.

I think magic bands are great. It was even better last year when it had dining credits on it - that's my kind of magic!

A visit to Scotland is definitely on my bucket list!

Let me know if you do come to Scotland I could help you with your plans.

Oh and I'll agree with @vamassey1 with the Outlander recommendation. I absolutely love the show.

OK I really do need to watch at least one episode and see what all this love for Scotland is about. Does it mention the midges?

Great family photo!

Thanks. It is good getting pictures of the 4 of us together.

So sorry about the breaking of your Splash Mtn tradition but glad you got on BTMRR.

We made sure we got on it later in the trip but it let us get on HM before breakfast!

We missed HM this trip bc the 4 yr old refused (I told my parents to go on but they wouldn't) so I missed the new personalized stuff at the end. Not sure what I'm going to do to convince AJ to try it next June.

It's hard to know how children will react - he may like it by then or really hate the idea of it by then. Would he still find it scary if he watched a video or would that just convince him he is right to avoid it?

Yum, ice cream for breakfast! I want to try the Nutella waffle myself.

Absolutely - I do healthy breakfasts all year round so ice cream once a year seems fair enough. I did fancy the Nutella waffle but ice cream won!

Awesome on the Grand Marshall thing! How exciting! Can't wait to read all about it!

I was pretty excited! Hope to get to it soon. School is back so have a lot less time available but working on the next update although to be fair that doesn't have the Grand Marshall part. We had the rest of the morning and part of the afternoon to wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter