Getting a DAS return

gap2368

DIS Veteran
so I just got back from a week at Disney and one thing they are doing is having a dedicated DAS/ rider swap/ return time at a few rides I really like this becuse you do not have to go right up to the FP standby line to get it. They had this at SDD and 7DMT worked so well

Attachments

• 709E249F-0A73-4F29-87CC-B8D08F337648.jpeg
    709E249F-0A73-4F29-87CC-B8D08F337648.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
so I just got back from a week at Disney and one thing they are doing is having a dedicated DAS stroller return time at a few rides I really like this becuse you do not have to go right up to the FP standby line to get it. They had this at SDD and 7DMT worked so well

What's a DAS stroller return time?

Thank you for this info! We leave in a few days and we will keep our eyes out for the signs!

May I please clarify? Is it a CM standing separate from the FP entrance, handing them out, or a separate DAS/RS entrance? I have yet to go, so apologies if this is a silly question. I thought I had mostly got my head around how DAS works, but I’m not clear about this. Thanks.

May I please clarify? Is it a CM standing separate from the FP entrance, handing them out, or a separate DAS/RS entrance? I have yet to go, so apologies if this is a silly question. I thought I had mostly got my head around how DAS works, but I’m not clear about this. Thanks.
It is to get a return time and it is close to where the FP standby line is but not the FP standby line like it used to be for SDD it is before the bridge and for 7DMT it is to the right ( same direction as the standby line is) maybe 50 feet from the stand line.

I really like this as the standby FP area get very crowded with people askkng about FP people not having FP that think they do people checking to see if there kids are tall enough to ride and so on.

SDD and 7DMT are the two ride o remember having this and wish a few more did this too

The red dotes in the photo are about were they were

Attachments

• AD74388E-2652-4670-B752-654085F1664E.jpeg
    AD74388E-2652-4670-B752-654085F1664E.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 18
  • F8E4003F-192A-424F-9BD9-0D09A1DD8D6C.jpeg
    F8E4003F-192A-424F-9BD9-0D09A1DD8D6C.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 19

When we were at WDW in July, it was a CM standing separate from the FP entrance handing them out (and generally 20+ feet away). That way, the FP entrance attendant did not have to hold up the FP line to handle DAS/RS requests. We tended to see it for the most popular rides. Upon our return (DAS), we still went through the FP entrance. It worked well except you didn't really know that was the place to go. So the pattern was - 1) go to FP attendant and ask for return time, 2) get directed by the FP attendant to the CM doing DAS/RS returns, 3) walk back to the CM we already passed to get the return time.

It is to get a return time and it is close to where the FP standby line is but not the FP standby line like it used to be for SDD it is before the bridge and for 7DMT it is to the right ( same direction as the standby line is) maybe 50 feet from the stand line.

I really like this as the standby FP area get very crowded with people askkng about FP people not having FP that think they do people checking to see if there kids are tall enough to ride and so on.

SDD and 7DMT are the two ride o remember having this and wish a few more did this too

The red dotes in the photo are about were they were

That’s brilliant - thank you so much! It sounds like a great solution for dealing with a heavily congested area.

When we were at WDW in July, it was a CM standing separate from the FP entrance handing them out (and generally 20+ feet away). That way, the FP entrance attendant did not have to hold up the FP line to handle DAS/RS requests. We tended to see it for the most popular rides. Upon our return (DAS), we still went through the FP entrance. It worked well except you didn't really know that was the place to go. So the pattern was - 1) go to FP attendant and ask for return time, 2) get directed by the FP attendant to the CM doing DAS/RS returns, 3) walk back to the CM we already passed to get the return time.

It sounds like a great system, and I’m sure makes a huge difference to such a busy area. It’s interesting that they had it like then for a few of the busier rides, though I can certainly see how it would cause some confusion. Maybe they will increase the number of signs like in the original post.

Thank you both!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter