Getting a pair of kittens - help with names please!

holden

DIS Veteran
Hi all! We are adopting a brother/sister pair of kittens! One is white with black (boy) and one is a calico (girl). Any suggetions on names? They don't have to be Disney names. Right now the owner (she as 8 kittens to adopt out) is calling the boy "Cowboy" but that doesn't seem like a kitten name to me...

Thanks for any suggestions!

carseatmommy - thanks for those suggestions:) I like Woody and Jessie, but I can't use Daisy - she was a cat that I grew up with:( She lived from when I was 5 until I was 23.

Keep the names coming!

aristocats-2-web.jpg

Marie for the girl ...

Toulouse or Berlioz for the boy

One of my DD's favorite movies!!

Thanks for the suggestion JeRmS. My girls haven't watch The Aristocats too much, but I'll run those by them.

I'm finding it very hard to find a pair of names that work together. I had Daisy growing up and then Pooh (aka Poobear) until January. I really haven't been without a cat in the house very much and am looking forward to these little ones joining our family!

We have a George( from Bugs Bunny.. I will name him George and love him ) and Sister ( because I would tell George "Your Sister shouldn't make that noise") so Sister stuck, but I call her Sissy. I have the new kitten who I call " What is wrong with you" and " Stop that ", but his real name is Ninja, since he is black with no white, and quite sneaky.

Name them for something you love. Favorite book character, favorite movie character. My black cats name is Raven. As in "The Raven" by E. A. Poe. (Please Don't notice that my daughter's name in Annabelle...):goodvibes

My husband and I have two sets of standbys for whenever we get a pair of furballs. Rosencrantz & Guildenstern (Hamlet) OR Istanbul & Constantinople.
I'm more fond of the former, but DH likes the latter. Part of the reason I like them is that we can shorten them to pretty much anything, so they have their formal names, but lots of nickname possibilities.

We have one kitten now, and his name is Robin Goodfellow AKA Puck (again with the Shakespeare). Our 23 month old calls him "Kitty Bo Bo," probably because I call him Puck-Puck.

I don't really like it when animals have true people names. The above are odd enough that it doesn't matter as much.

We have...
Oliver (he is orange and yes, the kids named him after Oliver & Co.)
Sully (you could name the other one "Boo")
Sylvia
Cosmo (he is all black)
Anabelle (our newest edition...she looks like Marie from the Aristocats)

Good luck! If you are trying to find names that go together, then think of famous couples (such as George and Gracie) or begin both names with the same letter/sound (Sammy and Celine).

We fostered a litter of kittens and their mother last summer and all were named after Harry Potter characters. We had Sirius, Remus, Lily, James, Luna, Albus, and Molly. Right now, we are fostering another litter that was smaller and they are named after Hunger Games characters. We have Cinna, Katniss, Peeta, and Gale.

Our own cats are named Evee (Big Momma), Coco (Little Bit), and we kept Molly and Albus (Bus-Bus, because he's HUGE) from the first litter of cats we fostered.

Lewis and Clark
Tom and Jerry
Lipton and Bigelow
Max and Min

I like the Lilo and Stitch suggestion! :goodvibes You might also try calling the cat by certain names, just calling them out, and see what they respond to. Both my cats would come running if I called them and they picked their names. Max was one and the other liked Speedy, which I hated, so we compromised on Wiley which he did respond to just as well.

Lots of great suggestions! I did think of the Harry Potter names, but DD9 says she's "not into" Harry anymore:(

Thanks for all of your ideas! I'll float them out to the family.

Simba & Nala

Tinkerbell & Terrance

Belle & Beast

Can you guess my kiddos 3 favorite movies :)
Our cats name is Mulan she agreed for that to be its middle name thankfully!

We named our kitten Claritin (for the allergy medicine since a couple of us have cat allergies.) :goodvibes We call her Claire. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter