Getting around WDW

Tasia

Mouseketeer
Hello! We have not been to WDW in a very long time. This trip there will be 7 of us staying at Port Orleans Riverside. we will have two ECV and a stroller. What is the best method for us to get from our hotel to the parks? Is there any limitations we should know about?

Thank you. :)

with all that, I suggest driving yourselves. many times 2 ECVs cannot be accommodated on the same bus unless you are the first stop and its empty. toss in having to fold the stroller and schlep a baby...

You have a chose bus, drive your self or get an ubor/ minny vane.

if you take the buss only two ECV can be on most bus ( a few will take more) most of the time this should not be a problem and if you need to wait disney is pretty good at getting another bus for you ( I was with a friend in an ECV and we were leaving the MK late one night there was a group in front of us with 2 ECV so we had to wait befroe the people could get on the bus another buss pulled up and we got on) But if you decied to use the bus with 2 ECV then you run the risk of having to wait.

Driving I would think you will need 2 vans/ SUV this could be pricey if you are flaying and are not renting a SUV anyways. You will also need to break the ECV down and back up again each time you go some where.

The minny van is $20 one way you might need 2 of them

Are the Minnie vans something available to the entire resort or only certain areas?

Minnie Vans are available to anyone with the option is activated in the Lyft app in your phone. At this time, it’s only activated at deluxe resorts. If you are not staying at a deluxe, you may be able to stop by and request access. Reports are hit or miss with that being successful. The service is expected to roll-out to all once the fleet is enlarged; I haven’t read any solid date for that.

WDW buses should be able to accommodate your party. During morning opening or evening closing “rush hour” if there is already another a ECV ahead of you, you may need to wait for another bus.

Enjoy your vacation!

I get the impression that the Minnie Van is a trial thingy. I think I saw somewhere where there is actually only 2 available currently. I think it covers the entire facility to include Disney Springs.

Are the Minnie vans something available to the entire resort or only certain areas?
As far as I know, the Minnie Vans hav not been rolled out further than the deluxe resorts. They probably will eventually cover all resorts at some point, but just expanded to all the deluxe resorts in October.

You would need 2 Minnie Vans at any rate. Each has seats for 6 guests. They also provide 2 car seats in each and reportedly have space for one ECV taken apart (not sure if you would also be able to fit a stroller- it would probably depend on the size of the stroller).
There are a small number of accessible Minnie Vans which can transport an occupied wheelchair or ECV. Those hold no more than 6 also (counting the ECV).

I would use the buses.
Each bus can hold 2 ECVs and some can carry 3. During rush hours you may need to split up, but you would need to anyway if you drive or take a Minnie Van, Uber or something else.
As long as you plan that might be a possibility, it’s not that big of a deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter