Getting canned over racist language

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were clear in your post and no it wasn't rude. Unfortunately you have posters who don't understand what words and concepts like tolerate and boycott mean so it's reasonable to expect they won't understand the point you were making.

It is often difficult to get someone to understand something when their purpose is argument itself and that end requires them not understanding it to continue.

They were in some sort of cultural sensitivity training and he repeated what Coloniel Sanders used to say, which was the N word, but he said the actual word. He was making a point at how racist things used to be way back when. He should have just said "N word" and nothing would have happened.

Probably so.

But then he added the thing about blacks being dragged behind trucks back in the day in Indiana. No legitimate reason to bring that up.

I'm confused. If (1) you believe he was wrong, (2) you acknowledge that he admits he was wrong, (3) you're OK with him being removed and (4) you think that removal is best for the company then why do we need to hear the entire conversation? It does not matter. He's still wrong, he still admits he was wrong, he's still removed from the company and it's still the best move for Papa John's.

I realize he is wrong. There is no doubt that he should have never said what he said.

Maybe I should have said “I would like to hear the entire conversation”. Not to excuse what he did but just out of curiosity of how he comes to the conclusion that he was somehow “made” to say such a thing.

If you need me to explain the meaning of the phrase, "whether true or not" just let me know. You completely missed the point I was making. The point I was making, was that who your relatives are or what you do for a living etc doesn't matter. Your posts have to stand or fall on their own. And if someone is trying to boost their cred by who their relatives are, it's easy to understand what they themselves think of their own posts. That they needed some boosting. Don't need to know anything about who I am talking to to know that. Show me anywhere where I said anyone was lying.

And for that matter, I'm still waiting on this one.

Go back a read. I said I was being sarcastic.

Why do you assume he is trying to boost his credibility. He may have just been explaining to you how he is not what or who you think.

And I read and understand very well and it came across as implying he was lying.

Last edited:
It’s amazing how people will bend over backwards to “explain and justify” racist behavior. Very predictable thread.

Not excusing anything in the least. If someone says “I did this because. . .” I am just curious how they come to that conclusion.

That isn’t excusing him. But it’s very predictable that some see EVERYTHING except the same parroted words said over and over as excusing.

My post you quoted didn't say anything about that. It was about the original story making more sense than his current story.

Sorry maybe that was a pp. Someone said that he accused the people he was talking to as being racist and I just questioned where that came from.

Sorry maybe that was a pp. Someone said that he accused the people he was talking to as being racist and I just questioned where that came from.
That has nothing to do with my post you quoted and your response.
You quoted my post about why the original version of the story made sense and your response was clearly a response to that post. It's not likely you mistakenly quoted my post and your response was to a different post.
You didn't realize he had previously admitted the other story was true. Once that was pointed out, you brought up something from another poster to try and confuse the issue.

Oh th irony of that statement. Lol

Still lashing out and flinging things at the wall and hoping they stick.

Go back a read. I said I was being sarcastic.

Why do you assume he is trying to boost his credibility. He may have just been explaining to you how he is not what or who you think.

And I read and understand very well and it came across as implying he was lying.

So No. In fact you can't come up with a quote where I said he was lying.
Nor can you come up with one where I said we should shut down all papa Johns.

That has nothing to do with my post you quoted and your response.
You quoted my post about why the original version of the story made sense and your response was clearly a response to that post. It's not likely you mistakenly quoted my post and your response was to a different post.
You didn't realize he had previously admitted the other story was true. Once that was pointed out, you brought up something from another poster to try and confuse the issue.

What?

No. I was reading through the responses and saw where someone did he accused the other people of being racist.i thought it was you.

I had already read an article that stated he admitted he said it and it was true. And had that conversation with another poster. So not even sure what you are going on about.

Still lashing out and flinging things at the wall and hoping they stick.

So No. In fact you can't come up with a quote where I said he was lying.
Nor can you come up with one where I said we should shut down all papa Johns.

Do I need to explain sarcasm to you?

Do I need to explain the word imply?

And I don’t have to fling anything. It’s sticking pretty well. You continue to prove the point.

I realize he is wrong. There is no doubt that he should have never said what he said.

Maybe I should have said “I would like to hear the entire conversation”. Not to excuse what he did but just out of curiosity of how he comes to the conclusion that he was somehow “made” to say such a thing.

Ah, well that makes more sense. I thought you were withholding judgement until you heard the whole conversation. I agree with you that it would be interesting to hear the entire conversation to see if he was led into saying those things or if he's simply making excuses. I don't blame him for trying to say that he was made to say those things. No one wants to be thought to be a racist, even people who are racist often don't think of themselves as racist.

Sweet niblets! as Hannah Montana would say...

You just do not use that word unless you are quoting a historical document or a work of fiction. Or unless you are singing a rap song. :D

However I am comfortable with letting others know that certain people use it outside of those contexts and why that attitude is not community-enriching and we should shun the idiot saying those things. ;) Said Papa John's CEO dude is not welcome at my house. The pizza is pretty terrible too. LOL

Do I need to explain sarcasm to you?

Do I need to explain the word imply?

And I don’t have to fling anything. It’s sticking pretty well. You continue to prove the point.

If you were being sarcastic, that means in fact you agree with me and didn't really mean anything you said. Thanks. Good to know. But your posts looked more to me like hyperbole or exaggeration instead of sarcasm. And just to verify, In fact you still don't have any examples of me saying what you claimed I did.

Last edited:
What?

No. I was reading through the responses and saw where someone did he accused the other people of being racist.i thought it was you.

I had already read an article that stated he admitted he said it and it was true. And had that conversation with another poster. So not even sure what you are going on about.

This is not true.

Well then they are idiots who will soon learn that with free speech comes the consequences of the same.

I still don’t want the government or anyone else telling us what we can and cannot say, beyond the extent already covered in the amendment.
Neither do I. I don't think I ever indicated that I did. My only point was that people think the 1st Amendment means you can say whatever you want without any consequences.

Since this thread has now been lowered into a semantics argument instead of discussing the topic there is no need to continue.

No need to restart the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter