getting cash onboard

No ATM's but Guest Service will cash checks....I think it is a certain amount per day, but I am not sure.

MJ

There are no ATM's onboard. We brought travelers checks with us and cashed those onboard when we needed cash for the islands.

The only time you need cash on the ship is for tips for room service. For this I brought a stack of $1 and kept them in the safe.

I don't know about personal checks.

thanks for quick replies, but I specifically want to know if guest sevices will cash personal checks

I read that guest services will cash $100 per day in travelers checks. Don't know about personal check????

Do you know if you can buy Disney Dollars on board, as we are going to WDW after our cruise?

They will not accept Canadian cheques, that I know...I would imagine you need one of those "cheque cards" as you call them...they always seem to need something with a credit card insinia on it. Rather primitive system, I have to say...sooo, if you need cash to pay down bill, or buy souvenirs, Key West(Bank, and machine not far fron port), and ESPECIALLY Grand Cayman have a multitude of banks....even Canadian ones!!!

I know they accept DD on board to pay off your account, and since DDs are only used once and taken out of circulation, I would doubt they sell them onboard. Buy them at your local Disney store before you go.

Disney does not recirculate the DD like Toys R US money. You will always get a new, clean, crisp DD when you purchase them.

MJ

Thanks for that, the only problem is that we are from the U.K. and they don't sell the DD over here.

I recently went on my second Disney cruise. I tried to cash a check (they do have $100 daily miniumum). For some strange reason it got rejected. The service desk said that they would call the bank for me, so I went and got the phone number. They were kind enough to call the bank, but they still wouldn't take the banks answer that YES, I HAD PLENTY OF MONEY TO COVER THE CHECK. I didn't NEED the cash, but had wanted to use that instead of charging the tips. It was just SOOOOO agravating that they had my bank on the line, but still wouldn't approve it. The desk was looking for an authorization code from the bank, but the bank rep was trying to explain that they don't use codes. The bank just gives a name and phone number for reference. That was the only time I really didn't like Disney. I felt really embarrassed. Next time I will know to stop by the ATM before reaching the ship. I figured there would have been an ATM on ship, but I never checked the first time. :(

Some cruise ships do have ATM's on them but the service fees can upwards of $30!!!! I never tried to cash a check onboard as I always leave my checkbook home on vacation.

Sorry you had such trouble at Guest Service.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter