Getting early FP for SMDT/FOP/SDD - day of?

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
What are the chances of being able to get day of FPs for the big 3 headliners on the mornings we are touring? I know to watch for the possible drop of new FPs, but what about any other time? Should I count on being able to drop something else I have to get the headliner?

Also, when you're in the park, can you just "modify" a FP to get another one before you've done your 3 or do you have to cancel and then hope to get what you want?

It will be hard to get day of FP's early for the big rides, but it's possible. What sometimes happens is people with early FP's will drop them because they manage to ride the ride at rode drop or something, so they then drop the ride to pick up a different one. I wouldn't necessarily count on being able to drop something else, but it's worth a try.

While in the park, you can modify any FP you want to any ride, but you can't get more than 3 at a time. So you could modify a FP to a different ride. This a good option so, if nothing pops up that you want, you at least have a FP you can use.

I'd say the chances of getting any of those three "day of" are only slightly above zero. Your best chance will be 7dmt, and it'll still take a miracle.

As far as modifying, you can do it. However, there is a caveat. You cannot fastpass a Tier1 ride, then modify one of your Tier 2 rides to another Tier 1 ride before using your other two Tier 2 rides.

Man, I sure hope that makes sense.

Basically, you cannot fastpass two Tier 1 rides before using up your original 3 fastpasses.

Also, after you've used your 3, do you go in to "Make FP" or do you still go through "update" on the app?

Sure, you can snag it but I've rarely found it in the morning; usually in the afternoon/evening. Same day/night before FP's are the only way we've ever ridden those 3 rides, actually. We've ridden FOP ~15 times, SDD 4x, 7DMT 20+ in the last year.

SDD is by far the hardest one to snag, IME. The others only take a few minutes of refreshing (but we are usually just a party of 2). SDD is usually a battle of wills for me ;)

We're 4, so, yeah that's makes it harder. I don't want to break us up, though, because I might end up with 2 at one time and 2 at a totally different time.

You say there's hope if I try getting something the night before?

We're 4, so, yeah that's makes it harder. I don't want to break us up, though, because I might end up with 2 at one time and 2 at a totally different time.

You say there's hope if I try getting something the night before?

There's definitely hope the night before and hope the day of. I've seen a lot of good rides with early times pop right around park open. Lots of people are probably either RDing something and changing their FPs or realizing that no one got up in time to make their 9:30 FP. Don't count on it, and expect to have to refresh for a while but keep trying. It does happen. I've gotten FOP for 5 twice day of (took a lot of time on the phone though).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!