Getting from animal kingdom to Disney Springs at noon

chewbacca

Mouseketeer
Thinking of doing the VR experience Star Wars secrets of the Empire at Disney Springs but will be at Animal Kingdom till noon. What is the best way to get there from Animal Kingdom? ... I’m thinking cab... Are they parked out front or will I have to call? Has anyone done this VR experience yet?

Minnie van (which can be ordered from your my Disney app) or uber/Lyft?

Both should be cheaper than a cab if money pays into this decision for you :)

I'm not sure about normal cabs.

Last edited:

Minnie van (which can be ordered from your my Disney app) or uber?

There are also direct buses for free to Disney springs from all the parks.

I thought the Minnie Van codes (for Lyft - not MDE) were only available if you're staying at a Deluxe.

But Lyft itself should work.

Or as suggested, take a bus to a resort and then from there to Disney Springs (or take the Saratoga Springs bus and walk). But Lyft would be quicker.

Minnie van (which can be ordered from your my Disney app) or uber?

There are also direct buses for free to Disney springs from all the parks.

Minnie vans are not available to everyone, and are booked from the Lyft app, Not MDE.

Buses to DS don't start running until 4pm.

Another "free" route is take the bus from Animal Kingdom to Animal Kingdom Lodge, then take the bus from there to Disney Springs.
Yes, AK->AKL buses run approximately every 10 minutes. That will get you to the hotel quickly. AKL also has pretty good bus service. This may be the quickest free option.

Or bus to SSR, get off at Congress Park and walk. It's a nice, fairly short walk to DS from there.
This would also work, though I find SSR buses to be less frequent than AKL. The walk is very nice though!

If you don't mind spending $10-20, I'd just Uber or Lyft to be honest. It will be so much quicker. Time=Money after all.

Thanks! I may try the Saratoga bus, it sounds like not too far. I stayed there years ago and I’d not even thought about this!

Thanks. Doesn’t help me (Value girl here), but from what I understand Lyft is usually cheaper - and being solo I don’t have to worry about car seats.

Yep - should be much cheaper, barring a surge pricing event or something. I like Lyft, it's my personal preference over Uber. Now if I could just get out of the car seat phase.... :laughing:

Yep - should be much cheaper, barring a surge pricing event or something. I like Lyft, it's my personal preference over Uber. Now if I could just get out of the car seat phase.... :laughing:

Oh I definitely like Lyft over Uber. Even if the driver works for both (as they often do) they seem to have a better attitude when it is a Lyft ride.

OKW is a deluxe. Were you disparaging OKW in some way?

Ahh, no, I didn't mean that at all - sorry if that's the way it sounds. When I think of Deluxes I think of the Deluxe "Resorts" and don't necessarily put OKW on that list, even though yes, it's a Deluxe Villa. My bad! Again, sorry, didn't mean anything by it. A more accurate way for me to say it would have been "All Deluxe Resorts/Villas."

Ahh, no, I didn't mean that at all - sorry if that's the way it sounds. When I think of Deluxes I think of the Deluxe "Resorts" and don't necessarily put OKW on that list, even though yes, it's a Deluxe Villa. My bad! Again, sorry, didn't mean anything by it. A more accurate way for me to say it would have been "All Deluxe Resorts/Villas."

It didn't sound that way, but I thought maybe there was something about OKW that I wasn't aware of, so wanted to check in to be sure. It is one of the oldest DVCs, so you never know in what kind of shape it might be.

It is one of the oldest DVCs, so you never know in what kind of shape it might be.

By that way of thinking, in what kind of shape must the Contemporary and the Poly be?

By that way of thinking, in what kind of shape must the Contemporary and the Poly be?

True, but they do seem to get a little more love. I'm not saying OKW is rundown; I was just curious why the PP had singled it out from deluxe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter