Getting from LAX to Disneyland

Catvondita

A Quirky Strange Girl in a Disney World
Hi there!

My husband and I are planning to go to Disneyland from Dec 01-05. When looking for flights the best options we saw included flying to LAX rather than SNA. I looked through some old forum threads on the best way but wanted to see if I can get some more recent feedback. For those of you traveling from out of state to LAX, how did you get to DL? We looked at some rental car options but they didn't really justify the price. Has anyone tried Uber, Juno or Lfyt? Is Supershuttle the best option? Is the Disneyland Express Shuttle really that bad? Is Public transportation too much hassle?

Thanks!

The last time we flew into LAX we took the Disneyland Resort Express and were thoroughly pleased. I would certainly do that before I would get into some stranger's car and hope they get me to the hotel safely. And our experiences with shuttles have been horrible.

Hi there!

My husband and I are planning to go to Disneyland from Dec 01-05. When looking for flights the best options we saw included flying to LAX rather than SNA. I looked through some old forum threads on the best way but wanted to see if I can get some more recent feedback. For those of you traveling from out of state to LAX, how did you get to DL? We looked at some rental car options but they didn't really justify the price. Has anyone tried Uber, Juno or Lfyt? Is Supershuttle the best option? Is the Disneyland Express Shuttle really that bad? Is Public transportation too much hassle?

Thanks!

Hey Catvondita!
I've used Supershuttle the past two times I went to Disney. I was trying to be on a budget and so I found that the roundtrip tickets were a pretty good deal. Not much to say for customer service, but they do the job. They help you with the luggage and pick up/drop off at your hotel lobby!
You gotta carpool with a few other people and everyone is at a different Anaheim hotel but it's nice, I've had conversations with people on the shuttle to make the ride less boring haha! I'm going again this summer and am going to go with them again for the convenience and price :)

We usually rent a car and return it that same day in DTD. Then we rent one again just for the day when we head home. That way we can head to the grocery store and stock up on water and bfast items (and perhaps In and Out!).

We used DRE our last trip to/from SNA and are using it again for our next trip out of LAX.

We used uber - it was $42 from Santa Monica to Anaheim and from anaheim to LAX it was $52. Maybe not the cheapest option but we found it very convenient.

We’ve used Supershuttle the past few times and while it’s your best option if you’re on a budget it takes a really long time, probably about an hour and a half depending on how many stops you have.

We will be taking an Uber this time, the higher price is worth the shorter trip in our opinion.

I just use ExecuCar if it is me, my daughter's use SuperShuttle (unless I am with them.)

Hi there!

Thanks!
We used a town car service. Not the cheapest option, but the most hassle-free. I really wish DLR offered Magical Express, though.

We’ve used Supershuttle the past few times and while it’s your best option if you’re on a budget it takes a really long time, probably about an hour and a half depending on how many stops you have.

I used Super Shuttle in December, and even with it taking a long time to get out of the airport itself due to construction, it only took about an hour, and I think it was with two stops before mine. (I timed it out of curiosity.)

We have used Supershuttle as well several times. This is a great option if you are trying to be budget conscious, and don't mind sharing your shuttle with other strangers going to their destinations, but this also means that you may have to make several different stops dropping them off before you get to your own destination. However if you are travelling with a larger party these shuttles hold about 8 people so you may get to your destination right away. If you are on your own or in a smaller group and don't mind paying a bit more, you can rent non stop shuttles which takes you straight to your destination. If shuttles aren't your thing you can book a rental car or SUV through Super Shuttle as well.

I am personally not a big fan of the Disneyland Express busses. Too many people on the busses and there can be way too many stops for my liking. The only good thing about going on the Disneyland Express bus or sharing a Super Shuttle is that you can get on with other passengers going to a similar destination such as Disneyland and you will make new friends and get all excited together along the way.

1. Rental car

2. Karmel Shuttle

3. Haven’t done rideshare or taxi from lax, and I cannot stand super shuttle. And I remember when Express was so much better, and don’t want to use the version that exists now.

Lax is not comfortable to wait for the Express, and it only comes once an hour.

supershuttle is more decent from the airport, but I’ve had enough “meh” experiences overall with them that I’m not interested.

My buddy drives for Uber and Lyft in the LA area so if I could request him (can’t) it would be fun. :)

Not interested in paying taxi fare from lax.

We have flown into SNA in the past, this is our first time into LAX and we picked Karmel. Unlike supershuttle they don't solicit business at the airport,only reservations, so I'm hoping that means a shorter wait. Will report back!

We usually rent a car and return it that same day in DTD. Then we rent one again just for the day when we head home. That way we can head to the grocery store and stock up on water and bfast items (and perhaps In and Out!).

We’re looking this now. Who do you rent from?

We’re looking this now. Who do you rent from?

Alamo is in DTD, but their locations is getting demolished when the new hotel construction starts which is still TBD and not sure if a relocation plan has been announced for them. Lots of other car companies are out on Katella.

Honestly, as someone who has always typically rented a car just to have control over my transportation...we now just Uber everywhere when at DL. Airports (LAX and SNA), grocery store, errands, meetings...super easy and convenient.

I hate taxis, despise shared shuttles, not willing to waste time waiting for a DL Express bus, and no need for a dedicated hired car service unless that is what you want. Uber solves all that for me.

Last edited:
Thanks all! I'm really surprised that Disney doesn't offer something like Magical Express but I guess since it caters more to locals its not as needed. But from what I hear about the Disney Express Shuttle I'm really surprised Disney is sticking with that since it doesn't seem to reflect too well on Disney's part. I'm thinking of the supershuttle coming into Cali because the price isn't bad and I'm okay with sharing a van with a few other people (I've done this before I stayed on property at WDW and it wasn't horrible) and then maybe spending a little extra on an uber going to LAX so we can avoid making multiple stops before our flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!