Getting from the airport to the hotels.

Roughly How much is Uber from the airport to Universal studios? Which one is better Uber or Lyft?
The app will let you get estimates. :) You can log in now and take a look or just google for it. Some prefer the corporate culture of Lyft instead of Uber. As a rider, the experience will be comparable.

For those that have used Uber or Lyft where do you meet your driver at MCO? Is there a specific location?

I tried to contact Tony via email, used the gmail address and it did not convert to yahoo. Wrote twice (8 and 4 days ago) and never got a reply. Has anybody contaced him recently and got a reply or am I just unlucky?

Since you have not heard back from him on the posted email, give Tony a call

You will reach him promptly

Tony Hinds is the way to go from what I can gather, but if it's just the two of you it may be cheaper with Uber or Lyft. Tony is charging me $100 RT from HRH to MCO, but we are a party of 5, so it makes sense. Uber and Lyft appear to be in the $25 range one way and are incredibly easy to use. The one thing I do know is that the hotel-provided transfers are on the expensive side.

We used Tony Hinds a few weeks ago, was fabulous and he did not charge us that much, there were 4 of us 2 adults and 2 kids.

For those that have used Uber or Lyft where do you meet your driver at MCO? Is there a specific location?

Like the link says, pickup is on level 2, which is the baggage claim level. I walked a bit toward the end door just to be out of the main flow of people. When I requested my Lyft I put in what door # I was at (I think you also have to specify terminal A or B, cant remember for sure).

Vastly prefer Lyft to Uber as a company. Personally, I will never use Uber again. Since we are a small family with no need for a car seta, I tend to use Lyft over a car service like Tony Hinds for cost reasons. I would def go the service route of I needed car seats or had a larger group!

I know that they price out cars separately with "car seat" as an option, but has it been anyone's experience that most drivers, whether Uber or Lyft, tend to have a booster base on hand? My daughter will be 6 at that time and it's all we will need.

You might want to just invest in a seat like a BubbleBum (inflatable booster). Won't be cumbersome to deal with and then you won't be at the mercy of the cars to provide them.

We used UberX to Portofino 2 weeks ago, it was $30 plus tip. We also used it Portofino to AOA, it was $18 plus tip.

Has anyone had any success with the Universal Superstar shuttle? Not sure if I should keep it on my reservation or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!