Getting married at VWL question!

cavecricket

Disney Bride -to- Wife / DIsney Mom to be! July 4t
Hey guys,

I have noticed that some guests have been married at the resorts. Does anyone know what the guidelines are? I thought you could only get married at the wedding pavilion but I did see a couple exchanging vows at the poly this past october. I would love to get married in Disney. Is there a charge? My guess would be that you have to pay the resort directly. I am looking to use my points and treat my immediate family members to a small ceremony that includes hotel accomodations. I would LOVE to do this at VWL or BWV. We are so lucky to all have Disney in our hearts. I only wish that everyone could experience the magic of Disney! But the next best thing would be inviting my family for an all expenses paid vacation to Disney to share my wedding day!!!!

Thanks in advance!

We have actually seen two wedding ceremonies at the Wilderness Lodge, right in front of the big fireplace in the main lobby - very pretty.

cavecricket,

If you have enough cash, you can get married almost any place on WDW property. Last I heard, a wedding in the Haunted Mansion starts at $40,000. I know someone who had their reception at Disney-MGM Studios.

Congratulations to both of you. I hope your wedding will be magical.

Check out the wedding board here at the Dis.
We got married at SBP on the Boardwalk. Disney has specific locations for weddings depending on your choice and also the size of your group. MK weddings start over $53,000 and right now they are not being allowed due to the celebration going on. No one seems to know if they will start them up again.

Depending on the size of your party, they will close off the deck on the 4th floor of the main lounge. I have seen a ceremony out there with the lake in the background and the reception inside (needs to be a real small group.) Contact the wedding department for anywhere on site,

Congratulations CaveCricket! (from a former RI gal to a current one!)

A VWL wedding would be awesome. If I had to do it over again......there is where it would be. As mentioned, 4th floor balcony overlooking the courtyard would be my choice. Love that place.... Best wishes :flower:

thanks everyone!

I ordered the planning dvd and checked out the site. i think i will send out pre-invitations to all my guests to see who would be interested in joining us then i will run the numbers ect.... i will have a reception at home as well for everyone. Disney is my home. I cant think of anywhere I would rather spend my special day!

Muushka said:
Congratulations CaveCricket! (from a former RI gal to a current one!)

A VWL wedding would be awesome. If I had to do it over again......there is where it would be. As mentioned, 4th floor balcony overlooking the courtyard would be my choice. Love that place.... Best wishes :flower:

I am from Riverside ( East Providence ) and my bf is from Warwick home of the providence airport!! lol

I went to Pilgrim HS at the 'home of the Providence Airport' and also lived in East Providence when I was a bit older and worked in Riverside (at East Side Lab).

Such a small state.... Again, Congrats!

Congratulations! That sounds like a lovely wedding plan. Too late for me but maybe my kids will want something like that, I would have a blast planning a disney wedding. :)

You might also want to check out the Weddings and Honeymoons board if you haven't already. They seem to be pretty insightful over there, and can probably give you recommendations of who to work with for just about everything involving your special day.

We got married at WL on the 4th floor balcony overlooking the courtyard. It was a Disney intimate wedding and I think we could have up to 10 guests. The wedding planner was terrific and really made everything perfect for us. They even had the timing down so that right when the officiant said "kiss the bride" the geyser went off. Hard to believe it's been almost 10 years since then! ;)

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. WL is a fabulous place to get married. Congratulations! :earsgirl:

Definitely check out the Wedding boards here on the DIS. I just got married in July (after getting engaged in April in Disney!). An intimate wedding can now hold up to 20 people in most places. It is SOOOOOOO easy because your coordinator helps so much. You can have no guests (like we did) or 200 people (and there are many people on the boards who have done that also). It is soooo magical!

Join us on that board or PM me and I will help you with whatever I can.

Definitely contact the Disney weddings department. Prices vary greatly depending on what you want and there is separate pricing for the smaller packages when DVC members want to use points for hotel stays.

Muushka said:
I went to Pilgrim HS at the 'home of the Providence Airport' and also lived in East Providence when I was a bit older and worked in Riverside (at East Side Lab).

Such a small state.... Again, Congrats!

I worked at East Side Lab as well!!!!! Was Joyce working up at the main lab yet when you were there? Eileen was my boss in client services! omg how funny!!!

What a small world!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter