Getting married in Las Vegas

smilie

I've been unwonked!
For those of you who have gotten married in Las Vegas, what was your experience. I want something simple, there would only be the 2 of us and 6 guests.

We got married at Circus Circus (so fitting) but it was 27 years ago. I'm sure it's been refurbished several times since then. It's a cute little chapel. I think we had about 20 guests. At the time, they had a package that included flowers, pictures, video, etc. But like I said, it was a long time ago so I'm sure it's all different now.

Do you want to plan getting married in Vegas or do you just want to go to Vegas and get married? It’s fairly simple to do either though some of the more popular places like Little Chapel of the West you will have to book in advance. Living here I’ve been to my fair share of spontaneous weddings and my youngest brother got married in the drive thru wedding chapel on a whim. All of them have packages and you can choose pretty basic to really fancy. My best advice is not to choose a holiday or a date like 02/20/20 or you will be waiting in line.

I haven't done it, but I have looked into it because it's just one of those oddball things that come up around here for discussion. You'll of course need to go in person for your own marriage license. I thought someone once told me that Vegas marriages were popular because the chapels could issue marriage licenses, but the couple has to go in person to an office. However, their main marriage bureau office (in the city of Las Vegas downtown) is open 8 AM to midnight 7 days a week including holidays. I can't think of any other government office that would be open like that.

https://www.clarkcountynv.gov/clerk/services/Pages/how-to-get-a-marriage-license.aspxhttps://www.clarkcountynv.gov/clerk/Pages/locations-and-hours.aspx
The license will be valid for a full year. Wasn't like mine in California only valid for 90 days.

Also - maybe you'll get more responses here:

https://www.disboards.com/forums/las-vegas.175/

32 years ago at THE LITTLE CHAPEL of the WEST.
WE planned our wedding, had 4 friends along .
I'm sure a lot has changed, but I wouldn't change anything about our wedding day!!
My dad and stepmother got married there. Then my brother and his wife and now his daughter will be getting married there in February. It feels exactly the same to me except that it was moved between when my parents were married and when my brother was. It’s definitely iconic.

It’s actually The Little Church of the West but I’ve never heard anyone actually refer to it as church. We all say Chapel.

Hi Bob!

LOL, guy at work is leaving today for Vegas with his (very young) girlfriend. We've been hammering on him for 8 months now about getting married. He's divorced, claims he'll never get married again. We'll see in January when we see him again.

Before you go
1. Make sure you're eligible for marriage in Nevada.
a. 18 or over 17 can marry with parental permission.
b. No closer relation than 2nd cousin
c. currently single.

2. If you want a specific chapel, book it in advance. If you're just wanting to go anywhere that can marry you, you'll probably be able to find one.

3. Pre register for a marriage license in Clark County. It will save you some time on step 4.

Once there.
4. Go to the marriage license bureau. Note both of those to be married have to be there.
You will need some form of ID. Oh and they do take credit cards but don't take checks. And that includes traveler's checks.

5. Get married.

6. Request a certified copy of the certificate 10 days or so after the marriage from the county clerk.

Good luck.

We got married at Circus Circus (so fitting) but it was 27 years ago. I'm sure it's been refurbished several times since then.

Mmm...maybe not.

Anyway, my brother's old roommate got married in Law Vegas. They planned it but invited no guests. They claim they got married in their Bellagio bathroom

My husband and I got married 23 years ago in Vegas. We were just there for the weekend and he asked if I wanted to get married and I said sure... :lovestruc They used to have a little wedding information center on the edge of the strip, which we stopped at. We picked a chapel, a time for the ceremony and paid for it there. We went to the county office for the license and then went to the mall for a ring and I think we ate McDonald's. :laughing:We were the only people in line for a license that dayin regular clothes(shorts, tshirts and sandals/flipflops.), everyone else was in wedding attire. :laughing: We had a friend with us so he was our witness and the only other person during our ceremony.

A very close family friend got married during a weekend trip this Aug. They already knew they wanted to get married but hadn't made any plans, so when he asked while we were all at the pool, of course she said yes. My hubby and father of the groom to be went with the couple to get the license while the sister looked online for an available chapel. She made a wedding reservation for later that night. We all got dressed up and headed to the chapel in a party bus my hubby arranged through the hotel concierge. The ceremony was super short and sweet....I think there was 12 of us all together. The package they got included pictures and a bouquet. After the ceremony, we all went to a late, late dinner at our hotel. It was so fun and reminded us of our spur of the moment wedding. ❤

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter