Getting motionsick reading messages!

Deb & Bill

DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
Is there anything I can do to take off the bouncing smilies and such while reading the messages? They make me motionsick just watching them. And with some people trying them out so much, it really is making me ill. Any help anyone?

I am not sure if you can, but if it is possible, I would think it would be in the "user cp" section. Just go to the main boards page and click on "user cp."

I know you can turn all the pics off, but I don't think it includes the smilies. You might want to ask the DIS tech people on the tech board.

Not that I'm aware of. I did a test and turned off avatars and clipart, but I continue to see the smilies. Sorry. :(

There is a way to set your computer to not show clipart, but I'm not sure if that includes smilies. I'll have to ask JC.

Wait until the page completly loads and then click on "Stop" in your browser control panel. This will stop all animation on the board and still allow you to see the images.
(At least it does in IE)

Thank guys. :)

One thing about the above trick. If you have a very fast connection, it may be hard to stop it in time. I have a cable modem and it's fast. I actually had to turn on the show avatar and show clipart options in order to slow things down enough to stop the images in time. :D

Go figure.

Lisa -

I am able to "stop" the images any time I choose. When I hit stop not only the jumpies "freeze" but also any type of sound and other animated clipart / banners.

:bounce: :rolleyes: :bounce:

See, Chris. Now what was I telling you just the other day. I learn something new here every day. :o :) I was trying to keep them from showing up at all. :rolleyes: It even makes the guys next to the posting box stop jumping. :cool:

You can make a game out of it.

Try to stop them in their "squished" position. It's harder than you might think!

JC

You're right. It took me four tries. :eek:

Hey, it's the new "marbles" game. :cool: :cool: :cool:

When you win they look like little aliens. :)

I guess it was beginners luck. I stopped them in the "squished" position on my first try!

Actually did it before reading the rest of the replies about it being difficult to catch it that way. If I had read that, I probably would have been trying too hard and wouldn't have been able to do it.

Teri, it pays well enough to keep me in my "lady of leisure" status. ;)

Beginners luck, Bob. :p

Yep, absolutely right; beginners luck.

Now that I try, I get it about once every 5 to 7 tries. Well back to work now. I'll have to revisit this tonight at home. What do you think, maybe I need to get a life?

The STOP button works!!!! Thanks so much, now I can read these things without getting sick. And it is fun to see how misshapen you can get these things.

Thank you for providing our entertainment for the day. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter