Getting my Leave a Legacy pic after it's removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeymouseisking

Some imagination, huh?
Does anyone have a recommendation of who I can contact to try and find out if it would be possible for us to get to keep our Leave a Legacy picture?
Thanks!

Are they getting rid of the Leave A Legacy area? We have a pic there too.

I thought they we just placing the pics off to the sides somewhere but just removing the big rocks

Are they getting rid of the Leave A Legacy area? We have a pic there too.

At D23 the new artist rendering of EPCOT showed the Leave a Legacy area cleared. I get it, even though we do love checking our teenage selves out every time we visit (it's my brother and me in the picture).

I thought they we just placing the pics off to the sides somewhere but just removing the big rocks

Really? That would be awesome!

I'm probably the only weirdo that likes the 'tombstones' as I've heard so many people call them. They block the sound and not many people go over there so it's a nice zen moment/break from the crowds spot. I do hope they keep the pics displayed somewhere.

I've always liked them. I don't think there has been a single trip where we don't go and give our two tiles a quick look, recollecting our family trip back in '99. Same with our bricks, one at Magic Kingdom entrance, the other by the TTC, near the Polynesian, our resort for that trip.

I've always liked them. I don't think there has been a single trip where we don't go and give our two tiles a quick look, recollecting our family trip back in '99. Same with our bricks, one at Magic Kingdom entrance, the other by the TTC, near the Polynesian, our resort for that trip.

We also always check out our tile each time we're at EPCOT and I like looking at what other people around us chose for theirs.

My biggest concern about that part of the Epcot is the same concern I have about the area between the two halves of Innoventions. There are too few shade trees. It makes the area both sterile and hot. We often visit during the Flower and Garden festival, and the topiary display sometimes makes up for that a bit but still I would rather see both areas more shaded.

I will be doing a happy dance once the tombstones are gone.

These were a poorly thought out "money grab" by Disney. (And they weren't that successful as is evidenced by the large amount of space without the tiles!)

I thought they were suppose to get rid of them a year or two ago. That the end date had already came.

I never really hated them like a lot of people seem to, but I don't mind seeing them go either. I think they could make it look nicer than it does currently. Hopefully the can either keep the legacy tiles somewhere else or return them to those who paid for them.

I thought they were suppose to get rid of them a year or two ago. That the end date had already came.
My recollection from the time was that the tiles would be visible for a minimum of at least 20 years. That would be 2019. Visible does not necessarily mean in their original location. My thought is that they would remain in their current location until then, and then removed. I think the labor cost to remove the tiles and return to those who participated would be too much for Disney to want to deal with. Just the logistics of returning the tiles to 'owners' would be daunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!