Getting over a rejection to reapply

ThankingThePhoenicians

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. Last year I applied for the UK's Cultural Exchange program and unfortunately didn't get through the first interview stage. I try not to be disheartened by this, especially as the first stage of interviews was through an external recruiter and not Disney themselves, but looking back I feel like I performed to my best ability in the interview. Not getting through really got me down and now it's coming round to the time to reapply again and I'm not sure if I should.

Did any of you not get through the first time but did the second time applying? If so, how did you overcome the rejection to build the confidence needed to reapply?

Thank you! :)

I haven't had to deal with the cultural exchange interviews so I can't comment on what it's like, but some people on the DCP apply four or five times! Keep trying. Sometimes it takes a lot of tries. Personally I think what helped me get accepted was being able to talk about experiences with people and also being a senior at my college. Don't give up, lots of people get rejected the first few times.

I haven't had to deal with the cultural exchange interviews so I can't comment on what it's like, but some people on the DCP apply four or five times! Keep trying. Sometimes it takes a lot of tries. Personally I think what helped me get accepted was being able to talk about experiences with people and also being a senior at my college. Don't give up, lots of people get rejected the first few times.

Thank you, that's really reassuring! I'm just overly nervous because this could be the last time I can apply (I graduate next year) but I guess if I don't try I definitely won't get it, so might as well give it a go. Thank you again, I appreciate the reply.

I definitely wouldn't sweat it! Lots of people get rejected one, two, three, or even four/five times before they get their acceptance letter from Disney! If you really want it, you can 100% achieve it. Go into this season with an open mind and a positive attitude as usual and see where it takes you. Come back if you have any more questions-- good luck!

I definitely wouldn't sweat it! Lots of people get rejected one, two, three, or even four/five times before they get their acceptance letter from Disney! If you really want it, you can 100% achieve it. Go into this season with an open mind and a positive attitude as usual and see where it takes you. Come back if you have any more questions-- good luck!

Thank you, I really appreciate the advice! That's what I'm going to do I think, I'll just give it a good go, there's no harm in that! Thank you so much, it's really reassuring to hear that.

I try to live by the idea that if the worst outcome is the position I'm in now (a no) then I should go for it! I ended up getting a prestigious promotion at work because I wasn't afraid to apply, you just never know.

Maybe you can build some confidence by thinking of some positives that you have worked on since your interview last year. Your studies, extracurriculars, etc. all prepare you for the next step.

I try to live by the idea that if the worst outcome is the position I'm in now (a no) then I should go for it! I ended up getting a prestigious promotion at work because I wasn't afraid to apply, you just never know.

Maybe you can build some confidence by thinking of some positives that you have worked on since your interview last year. Your studies, extracurriculars, etc. all prepare you for the next step.

Thank you, that's a really good point, the worst outcome won't really change anything so I might as well give it a go. I never really thought about reflecting on my time since the interview, and you're right, I have grown since then and done more stuff so hopefully that'll be a positive when reapplying. Thank you again, those are some points I ever really considered.

Don't give up! The worst thing is they say no. Then you apply again. Repeat until you get accepted or something better comes along!

Thank you so much! That's very true, the worst outcome isn't really that bad so I might as well give it a go. Never give up I guess haha! Thank you :)

While I didn't apply for the Cultural Exchange Program, I applied for the DCP for this first time this past fall for the current Spring 2019 session. I got a WBI and a PI, and was even waitlisted at the very end and still did not get in. I thought my interview had gone very well, but all of my interviews were given towards the middle and near end of the application season. While I was disappointed, I knew the DCP was something I really wanted to do and have wanted to do for many years. I also knew a lot of people did not get in on their first try, so when applications opened a month later for the Fall 2019 session I reapplied and was accepted! The second time around the whole process took less than a month. I got my PI on the second wave of them being given out and a week after my PI I was accepted for QSFB! I think getting over the original rejection just takes looking at how many people apply and actually get accepted each program and looking at how bad you want it. Don't give up!! I've seen posts about people taking 3 or 4 times to get in, but they eventually do and have the time of their life! So just don't give up! :goodvibes

While I didn't apply for the Cultural Exchange Program, I applied for the DCP for this first time this past fall for the current Spring 2019 session. I got a WBI and a PI, and was even waitlisted at the very end and still did not get in. I thought my interview had gone very well, but all of my interviews were given towards the middle and near end of the application season. While I was disappointed, I knew the DCP was something I really wanted to do and have wanted to do for many years. I also knew a lot of people did not get in on their first try, so when applications opened a month later for the Fall 2019 session I reapplied and was accepted! The second time around the whole process took less than a month. I got my PI on the second wave of them being given out and a week after my PI I was accepted for QSFB! I think getting over the original rejection just takes looking at how many people apply and actually get accepted each program and looking at how bad you want it. Don't give up!! I've seen posts about people taking 3 or 4 times to get in, but they eventually do and have the time of their life! So just don't give up! :goodvibes
Love the monorail tour at the bottom of your post. I keep imagining getting off at all the stops.

And don't take a NLIC (No Longer in Consideration) as a personal "rejection" of you. It's all about what Disney needs at that particular time. Next go around they likely have different needs. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!