getting the deck you want through TA?

sumfun

Mouseketeer
hi , we just booked connecting cat. 10 cabins through an online travel agent ,i really wanted deck 5 so we could be close to the kids clubs but the agent said they only book deck 2 because all other cat 10's on other decks are to far forward.however we have sailed 3 other times and have been even farther forward with no problem. well i was on the spot and booked the cabins on deck 2(2107/2109) but am now wondering if i did the right thing. it is not on the "noisy list" on daves site(thank you for all the valuable info you provide) but it does seem to be under kitchen/bar area, and aft which we have never tried.
is there a reason a ta would not be able to get you the specific rooms you want if they are available?what are my options now?
we booked the trip and the insurance if i just cancel and rebook directly thru dcl will there be a penalty? we are still about 6 months out. or should i just leave it as is and hope for the best? :confused:

I can't help you with what the TA said to you, but there are only 2 sets of connecting cat 10's on deck 5. It is possible that they were already sold for your date. I got the last category 10 on deck 5 for my sailing date 10/30/04. Most of the category 10's are on deck 2, with the only other deck having cat 10's is deck 7 with again only 2 sets of connectors in the cat 10. Go to www.dcl.com and you can look at the deck plans.

If your rooms are available your TA most certainly SHOULD request the rooms you want with DCL!

The Cat. 10s on Deck 5 are the famous "secret porthole rooms" that actually have an obstructed view porthole. Most likely they are booked already but your TA should certainly check for you.

Good luck! :)

thank you ,i can't believe i didn't realize those were the sph rooms. :rolleyes: do you think dcl would tell me if those rooms are available or will they only deal with my ta now? not usually "lucky" enuogh to snag a special room but it couldn't hurt to ask right? and either way i am lucky enough to be going at all. going to count my blessings thanks for your help. tomi

Once you have a travel agent, that is who DCL will deal with. You should ask your agent to see about putting you on a waiting list for the secret portholes rooms. It's unlikely they will free up, but you never know. I find it very odd that an agent would say they don't book forward rooms. I know that a lot of people prefer midship, but personally I am an aft person, and the farther back the better! I definitely wouldn't want an agent forcing me into a certain part of the ship based on their own likes or dislikes.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Lat year we were on Deck 2 in Category 9 2108 and it was sooooooo quiet, we loved it!!! No noise from uo above down below out in the halls or anything. We slept great! This year we ahve 2102 & 2104 connecting cabins and are excited. 2108 was close to a bank of elevators and the stairs. It was easy access to the whole ship. It is only my opinion but it gets kinda crazy up on the higher decks and I like escaping down for quiet. It is also easy for dembarkation. I think you will be happy with the location of your cabins :)

Originally posted by inkkognito
It's unlikely they will free up, but you never know.

I had SPH 5020 booked for almost a year for January 2003 and two weeks pre-cruise we upgraded to CAT5 on Deck 7, so it can happen! Someone probably got *lucky* and got a call if they were on a waiting list for this stateroom. Pixie dust! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter