Getting to a port hotel from the airport

SL6827

DIS Veteran
For those that fly in a day early and stay at the port overnight, who do you use to get you to your port hotel?

We have used Smart-Two Shuttles on two occasions and were very pleased with their service both times. https://smart-two.com They are very highly rated on TripAdvisor. Last time, they knew before we did that our flight to Orlando was going to be delayed for two hours and they texted us to let us know that they would be there when our flight touched down

We have used Smart-Two Shuttles on two occasions and were very pleased with their service both times. https://smart-two.com They are very highly rated on TripAdvisor. Last time, they knew before we did that our flight to Orlando was going to be delayed for two hours and they texted us to let us know that they would be there when our flight touched down
Are they affordable?

We thought they were good for our family of 5 although I can't remember the exact price we paid (maybe $140??). Each time we went, we were the only people on their shuttle. They have complimentary wifi on the shuttle which my kids liked, and they will also give you a bottle of cold water. If you go on their website using the link I gave before, there is a blue section where you can enter your information (Getting started …) and you get a price quote when you are done. If you are not sure of your flight information yet, you can enter a "made up" flight number to get the price quote to see if it is reasonable to you.

When I was looking at staying closer to port on my (day prior) arrival, I was going to rent a car. This way, I could pick up a case of water and a few bottles of wine (big savings for me there), Expedia had outrageously low rental fees. I ended up going a direction, but for us, it was a better plan than car service or a shuttle.

I would go for the rental car since it is usually pretty cheap. As others have said, it is nice to be able to pick up anything you may want or forgot at a local grocery or drugstore. You also will also have a car to get an inexpensive dinner. I also don't like being on someone else's schedule. I would rather come and go at my leisure. If there are two adults in your party, go ahead and drop one adult, kids and luggage at the port then have the other adult drop off the rental car. This way you don't have to schlep all your stuff on the rental car shuttle.

We take Cocoa Beach Shuttle to the Marriott Cocoa Beach, stay overnight, and the hotel shuttles us to the port free of charge. It’s always been easy and seamless.

I often have rented car from MCO and return to Port Canaveral. We are cruising in two weeks and I have researching rental cars and notice that now many rental agencies are charging a $75 one way fee....I know Thrifty used to do this but now I am finding many other agencies doing it. So the rental may be cheap but now you have to add on $75 one way fee. Ridiculous!!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter