getting to port canaverel

cattycat

Earning My Ears
Hi, all:

We are going on a Disney Cruise this summer; family members are flying in the night before we embark from all different places. We are thinking of staying at the airport hotel and then taking the Disney shuttle to Port Canaverel. Is that ok? How does that work?

Or does it make more sense to travel to Port Canaveral the night we come in and stay at the Ramada or somewhere close?

Thanks!

- Cat

Depending on how many people need to get from the airport to the port, it may make more sense to check into renting a limo or van. I think the DCL transfers are about $49 per person, each way.

If people are arriving at different times, I would opt to stay at the airport, or one of the hotels close by, and go to the port in the morning.

We came into Orlando the night before the cruise and stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott. It was $59 a night and great for an overnight stay. There is a Fridays Rest. right next to the property so you can just walk over there. They have a free shuttle that will pick you up at the airport and then bring you back there the next morning to get the Disney Cruise Shuttle. They even have their own shuttle that will take you right to the ship (that has a fee). However I don't know the difference in price from the Disney shuttle. However the Disney Shuttle was cool, it really got you in cruise mode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter