Getting to the convention center

ellisin

Mouseketeer
I need to get to the Orlando convention center from all star sports one morning this week.

Is it best to take a taxi, a Lyft, or Minnie van? Is there another better way? I haven’t ever used Lyft, but I have the app. Thank you for your help

As suggested by kaytieeldr, Uber/Lyft or taxi cab would be your best bet. Also, check with your conference planner to see if perhaps they are offering any type of shuttles or transportation to/from area hotels, this is actually very common offering during large city-wide conventions but it is normally limited to select areas or official host hotels.

I was in the same situation last week. I had to travel from AS Movies to the OCCC. Movies wasn't one of the hotels on the shuttle route for the conference so I was on my own for transportation.
For some reason Uber wouldn't accept my new credit card so I used Lyft. $17.67 to get there, $17.58 returning.

I was in the same situation last week. I had to travel from AS Movies to the OCCC. Movies wasn't one of the hotels on the shuttle route for the conference so I was on my own for transportation.
For some reason Uber wouldn't accept my new credit card so I used Lyft. $17.67 to get there, $17.58 returning.
Thank you so much to all for the good information.

Do I have to meet a Lyft at the front of the hotel, or can I get picked up at my building (we’re in one of the back buildings at Sports)?

Do I have to meet a Lyft at the front of the hotel, or can I get picked up at my building (we’re in one of the back buildings at Sports)?
When I asked at check in the front desk agent said that the ride share pickup point was in front of bell services. I've read other places that as long as your resort doesn't have gated access points you can be picked up anywhere.
I have no first hand experience with that as I was in a room at the front of the resort and just met at the recommended spot.

As long as there's no gate and there are navigable roads, there's nothing stopping a Lyft driver from picking you up at your building, even if it's technically against some unwritten rule. You might have to contact your drive directly to inform him or her of exactly what building you're at.

I just checked both apps (Uber, Lyft) and both have options to select your pickup location within the All Star resorts.
Lyft actually has drop downs to choose your building, and both services offer the ability to drop a pin at your preferred pickup spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!