Getting to Universal from FW

Sb4

Earning My Ears
Hi! We are visiting FW at the end of October, and are splitting time between WDW and universal. What is the best way to get to Universal Studios from the fort? Uber? Shuttle? Does anyone have a ballpark of how much each costs (I know that Uber varies). We will have a car, and could drive if needed, but parking may be more than transportation.

Also, what time would we actually need to leave to make it to US by the 8am opening?

Thank you!
Signed, going crazy:confused:

I drive my car from the Fort to Universal when I go so I can't answer on uber costs. I do know it is about a 20 minute drive and parking is $22 for the garage at Universal. It's a very easy drive imo. For the 8 am open for my October trip I plan to leave my camper by 7:00 to allow time to drive there, park, get through security, do the 10 minute walk from the garage to the front gate of whichever park you are starting at, they are about equal distance from the garage.

Reactions: Sb4
Hi! We are visiting FW at the end of October, and are splitting time between WDW and universal. What is the best way to get to Universal Studios from the fort? Uber? Shuttle? Does anyone have a ballpark of how much each costs (I know that Uber varies). We will have a car, and could drive if needed, but parking may be more than transportation.

Also, what time would we actually need to leave to make it to US by the 8am opening?

Thank you!
Signed, going crazy:confused:
You can estimate the cost of a taxi at: http://www.mearstransportation.com/taxi-services/taxi-fare-estimator/

Reactions: Sb4
I drive my car from the Fort to Universal when I go so I can't answer on uber costs. I do know it is about a 20 minute drive and parking is $22 for the garage at Universal. It's a very easy drive imo. For the 8 am open for my October trip I plan to leave my camper by 7:00 to allow time to drive there, park, get through security, do the 10 minute walk from the garage to the front gate of whichever park you are starting at, they are about equal distance from the garage.

Thanks you! That doesn't sound too terrible. At the moment, we are planning to do HS Monday, US/IOA Tuesday, MK Wednesday (evening extra hours), then US Thursday again. I'd rather not bounce back and forth, but we are trying to work around the halloween events & hours at both parks. We just wanted to make sure it would work logistically, and anticipate the costs. Appreciate your help!

We drove and used Lyft on our last visit (our drenched Jeep interior that was drying out pushed us to use Lyft)...anyhoo...I just checked the history and we paid $16 each way. I feel like that was discounted, like X number of rides was 10% off or something. But around $20 each way I would think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts