Getting Wedding Dress to Disney from Philly

MeannMsMusstard

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

My husband and I are going to WDW in 6 days (!) and will be taking wedding photos in Magic Kingdom for our 1st Anniversary. I’m getting nervous about transporting my wedding dress, though...

We are traveling from Philadelphia to MCO, first class, on American Airlines. Has anyone had any experience with getting their dress on American? Also, I don’t believe my plane has a closet, based on the seat map.

Thanks!

I don't have any suggestions for you about your wedding dress, although I have heard that most brides either ship it or carry it on, and that most flight attendants are usually very helpful with keeping it safe (especially if you're in first class!). I did just want to comment though and say that I, too, am thinking about doing an MK bridal photo shoot for our one year anniversary! I haven't heard from many brides who have done this, especially in their wedding dresses. I felt like I was the only one who would consider doing the shoot in their wedding dress on the 1 year anniversary!! lol so its nice to see I'm not the only one. Feel free to share your experience here afterwards- I would love to hear all about it! Have so much fun and enjoy!

I don't have any suggestions for you about your wedding dress, although I have heard that most brides either ship it or carry it on, and that most flight attendants are usually very helpful with keeping it safe (especially if you're in first class!). I did just want to comment though and say that I, too, am thinking about doing an MK bridal photo shoot for our one year anniversary! I haven't heard from many brides who have done this, especially in their wedding dresses. I felt like I was the only one who would consider doing the shoot in their wedding dress on the 1 year anniversary!! lol so its nice to see I'm not the only one. Feel free to share your experience here afterwards- I would love to hear all about it! Have so much fun and enjoy!
Haha my husband thinks I'm crazy but he also knew I was crazy about Disney before marrying me so...
I'll definitely let you know how it goes and post some pics! Not looking forward to waking up at 4AM to get my hair and make-up done, though...

Haha my husband thinks I'm crazy but he also knew I was crazy about Disney before marrying me so...
I'll definitely let you know how it goes and post some pics! Not looking forward to waking up at 4AM to get my hair and make-up done, though...

Yay great! I would love to see your pics! Yeah my husband thinks its crazy too lol... mostly the financial aspect of it. He can't believe we would pay that much just for photos. Still working on convincing him- we're between doing that or a Disney cruise for our 1 year! I definitely feel you on the 4AM wake up call- that would for sure be the worst part!

We had some family in Daytona so we made an appointment a few days before the wedding at a David's Bridal. There are several places right in Orlando obviously because it's such a big city. If you rent a car you can get it to a place fairly easily. Some places will come to your resort, but they are pricey. We also brought a steamer just in case.

There are two local services who will steam your gown in your room so you don't have to take it anywhere, Carolyn Allen's and Loftis Productions. Carolyn Allen's also lets you ship your dress to them and then they bring it to you when you need it. I *highly* recommend this. It took soooo much stress off the trip not to have to lug my gown around an airport and stress out about where it was going to get stashed on the plane.

This episode explains everything: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/20...ar-rental-gown-steaming-and-delivery-service/

We flew Southwest to our wedding destination, and we paid extra for priority boarding in order to secure an overhead bin space all to ourselves, since there was no closet. We placed our carryons (and one backpack personal item) in the overhead compartment and gently laid the dress on top of those bags, then closed that section. The flight attendants seemed fine with that.

We also brought a cheap, small, steamer just in case. It wasn't needed.

Hi all!

My husband and I are going to WDW in 6 days (!) and will be taking wedding photos in Magic Kingdom for our 1st Anniversary. I’m getting nervous about transporting my wedding dress, though...

We are traveling from Philadelphia to MCO, first class, on American Airlines. Has anyone had any experience with getting their dress on American? Also, I don’t believe my plane has a closet, based on the seat map.

Thanks!
I flew from California to MCO with my wedding dress. Got married @ WDW. We did fly first class. They attendants were very nice & put my dress in a closet that was in first class. I sat close to it. I had it steamed before wedding & then again for MK photo shoot. We stayed at GF. If I recall correctly, our Disney wedding planner helped schedule that. They came to room to do it. MK photo shoot was great except for how early you have to get up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter