Getting weird page when trying to open DIS using Chrome

lynxstch

I Love Figment
This started yesterday, and only happens on the DIS (community board, as it's the only one I use). I opened the DIS, and the icon in front of the DIS board, instead of the blue box with DIS in it, was my ISP logo. Dis opened, and on top of it was a full page, saying if I answered some brief questions, I could get a free phone, or a low priced phone. I knew it was a hoax so I took a screen shot of it, and called my ISP. He had me email it to him. He said they would investigate since whatever it was , was using their logo illegally. This morning I ran malware bytes, which found , as I suspected a pup.exe thing, from that site. I quarantined it.

This morning I opened the DIS on chrome again, and the same thing happened. But when I open it in IE I don't get that page, and everything is normal.

The icon is now back to being the DIS box instead of my ISP, but every now and then, that weird page keeps opening itself back up when I try to DIS. Anyone got any suggestions on how to block this thing permanently. I have a pop up blocker running as well as adblocker, and yet it's still getting thru. I even tried adding the address it was coming from in chrome security settings to be blocked. I am stumped :(

Run a virus scan?
I ran a full one this morning which found nothing. I just tried to reply to you using Chrome, and everytime I hit the quote button, that page would show up. I am putting the page it says here--but do NOT click on it, I don't want anyone else to end up with this problem..it's happy.superlucky.xyz I open it in IE and I can reply to you with no issues

I've been getting it all week too, and only for this site. It's frustrating! I don't know what to do to get rid of it.
I am sorry that you are getting it also, but I'm glad to know that I am not imagining it! I am going to try putting this on the tech board to see if they have any suggestions, but I have tried that in the past and gotten nowhere with problems! :(

I am sorry that you are getting it also, but I'm glad to know that I am not imagining it! I am going to try putting this on the tech board to see if they have any suggestions, but I have tried that in the past and gotten nowhere with problems! :(

I've commented on other threads there as we're not alone in getting them...

Did you clear your browsing history, including all saved info? Sometimes that helps.

Beyond that, I can't help. I usually call my IT guy (aka DH) at that point.

Did you clear your browsing history, including all saved info? Sometimes that helps.

Beyond that, I can't help. I usually call my IT guy (aka DH) at that point.
Yes, I clear browsing history every time I go offline. I emptied the cache etc. I posted on the tech board, and see that a lot of other's are having the same issue, and only on the DIS. Someone in DIS admin has to be made aware of it so they can take care of the issue
Thanks for your help!

I'm getting the same thing with Chrom on the PC. (Currently OK with Safari on the iPad.)

Yes, I clear browsing history every time I go offline. I emptied the cache etc. I posted on the tech board, and see that a lot of other's are having the same issue, and only on the DIS. Someone in DIS admin has to be made aware of it so they can take care of the issue
Thanks for your help!
It's been an issue for many months. They're aware of it and won't fix it. So do whatever you can to get rid of it. Can you install an extra ad blocker and see if that helps?

DIS. Someone in DIS admin has to be made aware of it so they can take care of the issue
Thanks for your help!
I found this info on another forum:

Whenever you find something on the boards that isn't working, use the "contact us" link at the very bottom of this page to let the webmaster know.

Thanks for your help!

Sorry I wasn't much help, lol

These pop up have also been driving me crazy. I use an IPAD. I googled what to do on an IPAD and it seems to be working.

Close out Chrome and any open pages, Go into settings and turn on airplane mode for about ten seconds. Turn it off and go back to Chrome and it should help fix it.

Hope this helps!

These pop up have also been driving me crazy. I use an IPAD. I googled what to do on an IPAD and it seems to be working.

Close out Chrome and any open pages, Go into settings and turn on airplane mode for about ten seconds. Turn it off and go back to Chrome and it should help fix it.

Hope this helps!

I am on a desktop, there is no airplane mode, lol! But I appreciate the suggestion!

I am on a desktop, there is no airplane mode, lol! But I appreciate the suggestion!

Sorry! Didn’t realize that. There is another thread about this and somewhere in it is something about going into your settings and turning something off that will just affect the disboard page. I didn’t pay attention because it didn’t work for me on the IPAD. Maybe someone else here knows or you can search the thread.

Good luck!

It's been happening to me as well, and only on the DIS. . I had it a few weeks ago, but it stopped, then started up again yesterday. I ran all my cleaners and anti-virus stuff, restarted the computer, but it happened afterward again. Now I'm using MS Edge and it's okay...for now.

It's been an issue for many months. They're aware of it and won't fix it. So do whatever you can to get rid of it. Can you install an extra ad blocker and see if that helps?
I run adblocker on Chrome on my laptop and adblocker on Safari on my iPad and have never had any of the pop-up issues that are often reported here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!