GF lagoon worth it?

jmkst58

DIS Veteran
Is a GF lagoon view worth it? How much does it really add to the magic? Thanks!

The first four times we visited the GF, we had garden views. On our fifth visit, we had to get a lagoon view because the garden views were all booked. Although the garden views are very nice at the GF, the lagoon view was wonderful. I spent alot of time on our balconey watching boats on the Seven Seas Lagoon and looking at Cinderella's castle. I never thought a lagoon view would be worth the extra $, because you just don't spend much time in your room. I will tell you that we leave in 37 days for our sixth trip to the GF, and we have a lagoon view. With all of that said, I don't believe that there are any bad views at the GF, so make you choice based on that. Have fun!!!

I've stayed in both garden and lagoon view rooms at the GF, and there is no doubt in my mind that lagoon view is NOT worth the extra. However, I continue to book lagoon! ;) I like to sit on my balcony and look out at the water, it is nice and relaxing. However, garden view rooms are GREAT to people watch from. There are no bad views in the resort (even the garden views are all great!), so go with whatever your budget allows. ;)

Thanks so much Ikg61 and Cali. I appreciate both. Still haven't made up my mind.

After posting this, I found the GF FAQ thread and have been in there reading from top to bottom most of the day.......whewwwww....so much good info....Guess I jumped the gun with the new thread. I'll return now and see if I can sort through it all. WONDERFUL INFO. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I definitely feel the lagoon view is worth it! If you are going to be at one of the monorail resorts anyway, I feel it's worth the (relatively) few more dollars to be in a lagoon view room. Every morning we were able to look out at the sun lighting the sparks on the water, and one morning we ate breakfast with this beautiful view! I have a couple of pictures of the morning we had roomservice while at GF and you can see the gorgeous lagoon in the background, NOT TO MENTION seeing the castle lit up and changing colors all night :)

wow.....wonderful, wonderful page. VERY VERY HELPFUL......do you remember your room number? THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

I would just suggest not getting LV in Boca Chica if you want a view of the castle. We paid for LV and could only see the castle if we leaned over the balcony and looked to the far left and behind a palm tree. The other buildings that directly faced the castle seemed to have beautiful views.

I have never stayed in a Garden View . . .there is just something about staying in a Lagoon View Room where you can see the 7 Seas Lagoon, Sunrise, The Electrical Water Pagaent, the Ferry, Boats, Water Mice . . .We did stay in Boca Chica in 1999, and we didn't have a dead on view of the castle like we did at the Poly in 2000, but if we looked to our left we saw it . .LOL BUT, we did enjoy our view of the Poly, Contemporary and 7 Seas Lagoon on a daily and nightly basis . . .we also heard the howling from the Haunted Mansion and we heard the Disney Train Whistle . . .This year when we stay at GF Lagoon View I'm requesting Conch Key which will most likely have a really good Castle view . . .if I don't get it, I won't be too disappointed, I loved looking out at the Lagoon, the magic is all around . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter