• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GF Spa?

PrincessTeddyBear

Mouseketeer
I've been thinking of taking half a day when we are in WDW in December and go to the GF Spa to experience a massage and a facial for the first time. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any suggestions? Websites? I've never been to a spa in my life and thought that WDW might be a memorial experience - not to mention a way to relax.

Did a facial and massage last year at Animal Kingdom and loved it. Going back for a girls only trip in October in looking into some type of half day spa treatment also.

It seems that GF and Sarasota Springs Spas are both Niki Bryan Spas
the web site to get a list of different treatments and prcies is as follows
www.relaxedyet.com

Hope you find something
deb

Does anybody know where i could find a list of the treatments and/or price list for animal kingdom spa???

we've done treatments at the grand floridian spa & have always enjoyed it, the massages are very relaxing. swedish massage is our favorite or the heat rocks, you can choose a variety of scents for the oils too. its nice to have the sauna & hot tub at the gf spa, you can easily make a morning of it & order lunch in. we've also done the couples treatment at the gf for an end to a romantic evening. be careful with a facial though it can leave you red for a few days. i also enjoy the manicure/pedicures.

we've done treatments at some of the resort spa's too like the animal kingdom lodge, the yacht club, the wilderness lodge, the coronado springs and the body by jake healthclub at the swan which offers massages too (although the gf is our favorite).

you'll have a great time princessteddybear.

My husband & I had a couples massage at the GF Spa last May and it was wonderful. My only regret is that I didn't realize they had a hot tub and didn't bring my bathing suit.

When you book a treatment at the spa you have use of the facility for the enitre day so you can also use the fitness facilities if you want.

Is a bathing suite now required for the hot tub?

I am also looking for info on the spa at AKL...help please!

DH and I had a massage there while on our honeymoon. It was definitely one of the best massages I have had! Very relaxing and we felt completely rejuvenated! We also used the hote tub-very relaxing especially after a few days in the parks!! We did ours more than halfway through the trip and scheduled it for the afternoon after doing a park all morning and early afternoon, we went to the spa. Then when we were done, we went back to the resort, took a nap (ahhhh) and showered to go to dinner in DTD. Then we just lingered around DTD and made it an early night to bed. It was a very relaxing day!

Hi Meezers-

Not at the GF Spa suits aren't required, at least in the Men's anyway!

Bob

Meezers said:
Is a bathing suite now required for the hot tub?

I am also looking for info on the spa at AKL...help please!

At GF, suits aren't required for the hot tub. You will need one if you are having one of the special baths however.

I've done several treatments at the GF and all were top notch. One I really recommend if you want a taste, but don't want to break the bank, is the soothing tired legs treatment. It works magic on your sore tootsies after days of touring the parks.

We did a couples massage at GF for our honeymoon-it was wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!! Highly recommend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter