GF - Still Great Service?

Wish Upon A Star

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone can confirm that GF still has the same level of service that it did in 1999.

We were very impressed with the nightly turn-downs and how housekeeping made up our rooms each day . . . .

Is it still the same now?

I stayed at the GF about 10 years ago - and then this resort was PERFECT!!!

However...I havent been there since, and my fiancee and I are booked at the GF in April for our honeymoon, and from people on theses Disney discussion boards, I am getting the impression that it is not 'up to par' with the other deluxe resort's perfection.

I really hope not, but I am still undecisive if we should switch to the POLY just in case...

I also would REALLY like to hear some feedback to this same question...so GF experts - can you help Wish Upon a Star and I by answering this question???

Thanks!

We were just there in January of this year and the service was great and we found everyone we encountered to be very nice and friendly.

I stayed there last month and overall everything was great! :) I noticed a few "cut-backs" but nothing major. I'm sure you'll have another wonderful stay! I'm booked, and ready to return, again!

I found the general service at the GF to be good. The concierge service is terrible there though in my experience.

In the past twelve months I've stayed at the BC, BWV, BWI (Concierge), SoG, AKL (Concierge), and GF. AKL had the best service, it was amazing!

As far as non-concierge comments, GF was no better than any of the others, but no worse either.

Anne

Just stayed at GF Sugar Loaf Concierge. It was our first stay so the GF seemed to be everything we expected EXCEPT the concierge lounge was understaffed. Dirty dishes,etc were allowed to accumulate and tables were not cleared quickly to allow new guests to sit. Maybe the result of cutbacks. I understand main lodge concierge is better (and more expensive) We alse used AK and BWI concierge. AKL is probably the most impressive concierge on site as it is new and they went all out with the food service, including the $25,000 self-serve espresso-latte-cappuccino machine. However the CMs at BWI concierge were unbeatable. They have a much higher staff-to-guest ratio and really fussed over us.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter