GF vs. OKW

Maureen309

Earning My Ears
Any advice for staying at GF versus OKW - other than the 2000.00 savings. Is GF worth it for the transportation ease - 4 adults, three children 7,4,2 (pregnant mom)

If you have a 1 bedroom or larger at OKW you’re getting a full kitchen with a washer and dryer. The kitchen will help save money on meals and the laundry allows you to pack less.

Any advice for staying at GF versus OKW - other than the 2000.00 savings. Is GF worth it for the transportation ease - 4 adults, three children 7,4,2 (pregnant mom)
GF is beautiful and right next to Magic Kingdom. That would be my choice.

I'm guessing that you're comparing 2-BR DVC villas at each resort? Your party is too large for a 1-BR and OKW is all villas, no hotel rooms.

Personally, I could find a lot of things to do with $2K but if you take that out of the equation, then I would point out that VGF has it all over OKW when it comes to ease of access to the MK. It is also a more compact resort with more dining options on property. However, OKW villas are roomier and have full-size W/D in the 1- & 2-BR villas. You also have boat access to Disney Springs with all of its shopping and dining venues. OKW also has larger villas and all of the 2-BRs have 2Q beds in the 2nd BR while VGF has a limited number of dedicated 2-BRs. The lockoffs have a queen bed and a sleeper sofa and Murphy bed in the 2nd BR.

With 3 kids and being pregnant I would go for GF, the convince alone would make it worth it. The resort is amazing
But the things at OKW - full kitchen and having your own washer and dryer is a huge plus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter