Ghibli museum

I didn't even know this was a thing. I'm glad you guys said something. I didn't even think to pack insect repellent.
Most of Japan, including Tokyo & TDR, is subtropical. Summer humidity in Tokyo is on par with or worse than it is in WDW, depending on the day. Everyone knows WDW is a swamp, but nobody thinks a metropolis is.

If you would bring a particular item to Florida, you should probably bring it to Japan.

Most of Japan, including Tokyo & TDR, is subtropical. Summer humidity in Tokyo is on par with or worse than it is in WDW, depending on the day. Everyone knows WDW is a swamp, but nobody thinks a metropolis is.

If you would bring a particular item to Florida, you should probably bring it to Japan.

Now I am worried. I will pack the mosquitos body wash as well.

It also depends on the time of the year you go... I'm super attractive to mosquitos (yeah me :D) and had a lot of them when I first went to Japan end August/September, it was driving me craaaaazy! But the other times I went in October and November and had no mosquito at all :).

We will be going in early July. Definitely we will take all necessary precautions. If line is long for the cafe, we will skip it. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

We are going end of May/beginning of June. I was more worried about the rain than anything else. We’ll make sure we come prepared with sun screen, bug spray, and anything else we might need.

With the cafe, we will just see how it looks when we get there. Otherwise we will get something at the station before heading to Odaiba

If it's too busy look for the wait at "the window booth" (don't know how to call it), they sell some soup, hot dog and I don't remember other small things.. And if you drink beer, buy the Ghibli ones, the label is wonderful ;)! (and nice taste too)

The JTB office in Toronto no longer issues Ghibli tickets. It’s not advertised on their website. I tried to order the tickets online and it wouldn’t allow me to proceed. I called the next day and was told that I could not pick up tickets or order in person anymore from the Toronto office. I could have submitted my online order earlier but I was told in February to submit the order on March 28. Now I have to pay extra for mail delivery. I hope everything would go smoothly. However, if I really can’t get the tickets, I can just visit the Totoro Cafe and take pictures of the outside of the museum. I am going in July and I think the tourist crowd would start to increase that month. Fingers crossed!

The JTB office in Toronto no longer issues Ghibli tickets. It’s not advertised on their website. I tried to order the tickets online and it wouldn’t allow me to proceed. I called the next day and was told that I could not pick up tickets or order in person anymore from the Toronto office. I could have submitted my online order earlier but I was told in February to submit the order on March 28. Now I have to pay extra for mail delivery. I hope everything would go smoothly. However, if I really can’t get the tickets, I can just visit the Totoro Cafe and take pictures of the outside of the museum. I am going in July and I think the tourist crowd would start to increase that month. Fingers crossed!
Do you have to get the rail pass with the tickets? Jtb USA requires that you get both as a package now. Since we were planning on getting both anyway it saved us a little on shipping because they send them together

Do you have to get the rail pass with the tickets? Jtb USA requires that you get both as a package now. Since we were planning on getting both anyway it saved us a little on shipping because they send them together
This is not the case for JTB in Canada fortunately. We can purchase only the tickets. I don’t need a JR pass since I only need the ride from Tokyo to Kyoto. Thanks for the tip!

Update:
Ordered the tickets via Web Order form on March 25. Got an email confirming the purchase on March 31. Tickets were sent by Express Post from Vancouver and I got them yesterday. Now I have to make sure I won’t forget to bring the voucher with me on the trip! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!