Gift album...anyone else

pattyT

DIS Veteran
have a hard time scrapping someone elses pictures?

I get tired of looking at my sis's pictures - open the envelopes go through- next envelope - you know what i mean - then she stuffs them in a box in her closet - her poor closet -

SO - even though she isn't the best photographer - or have the best camera - so her pics are hit or miss - I would say 15 ok pics to every 1 good pic I decided I would do an album for her!

AAAUUGGGHHH:earseek: :faint:

I sat down and well - I did the first 5 pages - don't love em - but they are done - I am using SEI scenery set throughout to keep it simple and clean.
BUT She has 5 pics that look the same to me - AUGH -:upsidedow
other pics I don't know WHAT :confused: to do with!

ok - nough venting - back to the boards then back to cleaning my house - :blush:

I made 2 books for my girlfriends son for graduation. I was planning on doing a small book .she said she would bring over all of her photos of him there were only about 100 photos of his whole life. I didn't feel that I could split them up there were so few so I did 2 books one of his life the other of just his school years. it was tough but he loved it . So I say just keep on because in the end it will be so worth it .good luck:upsidedow

When BF's sister graduated college we spent the weekend over at his mothers house-she is religious about taking pictures and NOT doing anything with them...so we looked and hunted and I was able to fill up an entire album....BF's mom-who I thought was going to help -didn't...although she did pick up after me as my scraps were getting tossed....I was kind of bummed...but BF did some work too!!! He got all of the newpaper clippings of the web site of her school and pictures of her from the site too...I was quite proud...
I don't know what SEI is...but simple is good....keep in mind they are someone elses memories that you are trying to make sense out of...even if you dont LOVE the page-they will love it b/c of the thought that went into it (I know that sounds like a real cliche-but its true...)Have her tell you a story about some of them...Sometimes a late night chat over coffee and a good laugh is worth just the bonding time...

Action shots are great--got a couple of pages you dont know what to do with...find a great action shot (sis was a swimmer-had a pic of her mid stroke) and scan it in different sizes...that can just as easily be one page and be simple...play with die cuts...one page I had no pictures on...just this florida type dye cut lay out...pictures to follow were their florida trip....

Well, she's getting married...I'm guessing I'll be up for that too...Always helping with the wedding stuff never a bride...oh well...

Sorry this is so methodical..but I can think of some pages -1 in paticular where I tried to collage a bunch of pictures in the shape of a water drop...that was terrible!!! They thought it was great...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter