Gift Cards for Meals

hedge333

Mouseketeer
I’m the last we have always done the dining plan. This trip after looking at the calculator and thinking about how our 11yo eats has led us to think that we will be better off not using the plan. One of our favorite parts of the plan was the pay up front aspect. I know some people use gift cards to pay for dining. Have any of you done that in the past? How has it worked for you?

Honestly, I still end up treating meals the same way I do when I'm just using a regular payment method. The mentality just doesn't work for me with the GC idea like the DDP does. I still think of it as a dollar amount.

A lot of people seem to do well with it though.

It works for DH & I . The plan doesn't really work for how we eat. We sometimes have appetizers at lunch at a TS or share a QS meals . Plus we usually share dessert if we get one at all.
The reason we buy the Gift cards is to get reward points at our Grocery store or because we can get them at a discount at a Club store we are members.
Otherwise it would be like a vacation anywhere else and just plan the costs into our budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!