*Girls DL Trip* OLD THREAD

Hey, I was at Ariel's last year :eek: What was so lousy, other than some of the company??? Didn't like Ariel's attitude ;) I LOVED it!

Let me see....all the party but Stacie and I scurried to the other end of the table about 8 feet away from where we were. My food was touched, my rolls were rubbed on a forehead and conversation was far far from civilized.

I am sure you guys had a splendid time!!!!!!

So, obviously it would never be like that again....but ugho!!!! Ariel was a hoot, but check out some of the pictures...by the table, I am being embraced for God's sake!!!

Oh and little miss CHeryl...PPPLLLPPPPTTTTTTTT!!!!!

Love ya, amy!!

Gotta run, pick up my DD at equestrian camp. She now, of course, wants her own horse....I had a horse growing up...but that was OHIO out in the boonies. Different situation here!!

I will stop in more, miss you guys!!

AmySue

What?!!! You're a DIVA! You're beautiful no matter what.

I hope you're okay sweetie. If you need to vent or talk or anything, we're all here for you. :hug::flower3::hug:
I second that Sarah. I hope you are feeling a little better now. Take care!:hug:

Hello Beth, just reading a bit and saw something about your DD B-Day, heres an idea, put up a poster of Edward, cut out paper lips and play Pin The Lips On Edward. I played this as a kid but it was pin The Lips On Ringo. It was lots of fun.
That's a really cute idea!!!

Better yet--cut out FANGS and play pin the fangs on Edward!!!!! LOL

took me a minute to figure out who Ringo was .. . . .
You forgot who Ringo was? :confused: Come on Cheryl! :sad2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

That would be cute. By the end of the game, Edward would look like he was covered in kisses. :rotfl:
Or as Cheryl suggested..............covered in bites!! :laughing: :scared1: :laughing: :scared1: :laughing: :scared1: Yuk Yuk!

Now I would like to revisit this Goofy's verses Napa issue. Why don't we have both, and everybody can decide. I don't think we have to have one or the other. There are alot of us going, so it is nice to have different options if we need to. We can even open it up to the House of Blues too.

As far as all of us getting together in one place for dinner.................how about we just make it the night of our opener? Most of us made it there last year. It is basically pretty cheap for all to attend, and nobody has to feel the pressure of an expensive meal later on.

Just a thought, and you guys can flame me if you want. Be nice though. :rolleyes1

Hi all, haven't read back....have had an awful day but it seems to be turning around a bit. It helps to know you all are here...even if I don't post or mention what's bothering me, knowing you are here and are my friends helps make it better.

Sarah

PS...I am NOT pretty when I cry....:scared1:

:grouphug:

Hello Beth, just reading a bit and saw something about your DD B-Day, heres an idea, put up a poster of Edward, cut out paper lips and play Pin The Lips On Edward. I played this as a kid but it was pin The Lips On Ringo. It was lots of fun.

That is a GREAT idea!

My plans for the weekend.

Going out to eat with my DH or boyfriend as Dawn would say, in just a little bit. Company coming in tomorrow, and then going to a wedding. Church on Sunday and going out to lunch with all of my children.

Oh and Costco still had Deluxe tickets for 269.00 today. Get them while you can, before they get wise and raise the price!!!

Hi Trudi! What a fun idea!! I love it. Simple, cheap and fun at the same time. Thanks!

Better yet--cut out FANGS and play pin the fangs on Edward!!!!! LOL
Hey, that would work too. :thumbsup2

Now I would like to revisit this Goofy's verses Napa issue. Why don't we have both, and everybody can decide. I don't think we have to have one or the other. There are alot of us going, so it is nice to have different options if we need to. We can even open it up to the House of Blues too.

As far as all of us getting together in one place for dinner.................how about we just make it the night of our opener? Most of us made it there last year. It is basically pretty cheap for all to attend, and nobody has to feel the pressure of an expensive meal later on.

Just a thought, and you guys can flame me if you want. Be nice though. :rolleyes1
Flame??? Who would flame you? :hug:

I think the problem was just some confusion. I got more than one PM from some who were confused because they thought that Goofy's was going to be the one meal that we all went to since that was what won in the vote. Like Chip and Dale last year, and Goofy's for breakfast the year prior.

Then some people were saying they didn't want to do it, so the confusion I guess was over whether or not there would be one big group meal. Does that make sense? That's how I took it anyway.

I think the idea of making the Meet and Greet as the main group meal sounds like a good one, as well as the easiest and cheapest. I personally am happy to not have to go to Goofy's. It's expensive and loud and I was only going if everyone else was. But since other options are opening up, I will most likely skip it and eat elsewhere.

I hope this clears up any confusion for those of you who were asking on the thread and those who sent me PMs.

I went with Goofy's cause the group did. I prefer Napa Rose. But I agree that we can have more than one place to choose from -didn't we do that last time when some people were on tours, others ate together? And are we still thinking of a way to get together on Monday night out of the park(s)? I am all for that, too. And yes, the Cove Bar last time was really nice. It was relaxing and we all got to chit chat while eating/drinking and enjoying the view of the lagoon. Didn't the others who were there agree? I know Sarah & Trudi said wanted to go again.

Let me see....all the party but Stacie and I scurried to the other end of the table about 8 feet away from where we were. My food was touched, my rolls were rubbed on a forehead and conversation was far far from civilized.
:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Beth, I forgot to mention that I had a problem with something that came to me from Oriental, and they were wonderful about fixing it.

So I wouldn't worry about it. Order it, if it looks cheesy or cheap, return it.

Oh, and our church orders stuff all the time from there. Most of it is fine. I guess it just depends on what it is.

Good luck. Oh, and they sell those wax fangs. Wouldn't that be cool to give as party favors? :cool1: Ummm............maybe it was the wax lips? Anyways your idea sounds really cute!!

And yes, the Cove Bar last time was really nice. It was relaxing and we all got to chit chat while eating/drinking and enjoying the view of the lagoon. Didn't the others who were there agree? I know Sarah & Trudi said wanted to go again.
I agree. I loved hanging out there. ::yes::

Beth, I forgot to mention that I had a problem with something that came to me from Oriental, and they were wonderful about fixing it.

So I wouldn't worry about it. Order it, if it looks cheesy or cheap, return it.

Oh, and our church orders stuff all the time from there. Most of it is fine. I guess it just depends on what it is.

Good luck. Oh, and they sell those wax fangs. Wouldn't that be cool to give as party favors? :cool1: Ummm............maybe it was the wax lips? Anyways your idea sounds really cute!!
Thanks for that info.
OMG, wax fangs, if they have them would be perfect!!!! Thank you for that idea. See, I knew if I asked here I'd get wonderful hints. :worship:

I went with Goofy's cause the group did. I prefer Napa Rose. But I agree that we can have more than one place to choose from -didn't we do that last time when some people were on tours, others ate together? And are we still thinking of a way to get together on Monday night out of the park(s)? I am all for that, too. And yes, the Cove Bar last time was really nice. It was relaxing and we all got to chit chat while eating/drinking and enjoying the view of the lagoon. Didn't the others who were there agree? I know Sarah & Trudi said wanted to go again.
I loved going there too!! THe best!!:goodvibes

I'm going to start a shiny new thread in a few minutes here. I think the front page is pretty current.
Tina, I just added you and your mom as another roommate group.
Dawn, shall I list you as the contact person for the Napa Rose dinner then? Let me know.

And remember, we still need someone who's interested in taking the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour to over see it and make that reservation if anyone is interested.

Okay, off to start a new thread. I'll post a link when I'm done. :)

Hey girlie. Once you get to school and are settled, let me know. We can make some plans to meet up since you will be real close.

ditto Cristabel! I'm so excited for you--going away to college--such an exciting time!

That sounds like fun and it would be a great way to relax after moving and unpacking.

Just checking in with everyone.

I am not planning on doing any tours this time. I am so looking forward to the scavenger hunt though. I plan to spend time riding rides, catching up with the ladies, and taking tons of pics. As much as I love a schedule, I don't want to over schedule myself. I do plan to do the group meals, and the rides/attractions we decide to do as a group though.

I can't wait!!!

I'm not planning on doing any tours either next year. I just can't come up with the funds

I cannot seem to keep up with FB and this thread, I feel so out of touch on here.

I have completely lost track of our tenuous plans, and am too lazy to check it out at this time.

I have found that the character meals while sounding like a blast, really are only okay. I have enjoyed them, but the extra $$$ maybe not worth it. I will join in if that is what we are doing, but am up for other things too. I loved our meal at the carnation cafe as we were seated in little groups and I got to talk to people I really had barely met before.

The character meals are often one long table, so you are shouting and not hearing. But maybe I am just bitter since my experience at Ariels was SO lousy last year.

I haven't been on the computer in a few days and there is already a NEW thread! I like character meals but it always hurts to look at the bill when I'm done eating.

The Cove Bar was a nice way the end mine and Sarahs weekend since we left for home right after. Lets do it again !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter