*Girls DL Trip* OLD THREAD

Good morning gals!

Beth--I used to order from OTC quite a bit, but I never returned anything, so I can't answer your question. :confused3 But I can say that their quality is not top notch. We would use them for "disposable" party stuff, etc.

I've got a big weekend today! Two picnic baskets for a County Parks account we have, andthen a bridal shower on Sunday. So no rest for me until Monday!

Good morning girls. I need to read back what I missed. I have no internet at my house right now, until hopefully tonight, so I've been secretly checking the Dis at work.

Tonight, Bridgette and I have a dinner date. I'm so excited! :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Hi Courtney! Have a great time with Bridgette, and tell her hi! :flower3:

And Cheryl---Guess who my new FB friend is................Jeffrey Saad!!!!!
I swear I'm not a stalker, just a super-fan! ;)

Have a great day, ladies :grouphug:

Tina... what goes in those pic a nic baskets? maybe i want a pic a nic basket with fried chicken in it or a homemade chicken pot pie and berry cobbler.. and a little pasta salad... why don't i have anything for lunch?:rotfl2: i'm the hungry monkey.

Beth.. i think we are all tired from the heat and the back to school supply/clothes blues are hitting everyone.

It just seems like when you hit august.. summer is over. :confused3

Eek - stay away from the Budget Boards!!! :scared1:

Sooooooooo, is anyone still into going to Goofy's for dinner? Maybe we can change it to breakfast or something (or Minnie's???). It would be nice to do one meal with everyone (or as close to everyone as possible ;))

Hi all, haven't read back....have had an awful day but it seems to be turning around a bit. It helps to know you all are here...even if I don't post or mention what's bothering me, knowing you are here and are my friends helps make it better.

Sarah

PS...I am NOT pretty when I cry....:scared1:

Tonight, Bridgette and I have a dinner date. I'm so excited! :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Yay for dinner dates with girlfriends!

Well, should we change Goofy's to Napa Rose? :confused3
This year, I am not in planning mode. Seriously. I am along for the ride so whatever everyone else wants to do, is fine by me. Like others have said, I just want to go, hang out, ride some rides, eat some yummy food and just have fun with everyone. Goofy's or Napa Rose. Makes no difference to me. Just tell me what to put up on the front page and I will do it. :hippie:

Have fun!! Jane and I are meeting up on Sunday for dinner and a show. Where are you two going to eat?

Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend?? :dance3:

What show and dinner are you and Jane going to? I think we should leave NP AND Goofy's as an option--

I'm not doing anything--just a slow weekend (I hope) for me with no cooking!

Good morning gals!

And Cheryl---Guess who my new FB friend is................Jeffrey Saad!!!!!
I swear I'm not a stalker, just a super-fan! ;)

Wahhhhh! I want to be Jeffrey's friend too!

Hi all, haven't read back....have had an awful day but it seems to be turning around a bit. It helps to know you all are here...even if I don't post or mention what's bothering me, knowing you are here and are my friends helps make it better.

Sarah

Pish posh--you are SO pretty when you cry- and we're all here with shoulders to cry on whenever you need it!

Courtney... You and Bridgette have a super great time!:goodvibes

Thank you Dawn. How are you? :hug:

Have a good time!! I hope she is feeling better!:flower3:

Thanks, hunny bunch! I hope she is too.

Have fun!! Jane and I are meeting up on Sunday for dinner and a show. Where are you two going to eat?

We're going to Macaroni Grill! Where are you and Janey Jane going? :cutie:

Hi Courtney! Have a great time with Bridgette, and tell her hi! :flower3:

Thank you, Tina! I will! :grouphug:

Yay for dinner dates with girlfriends!!

Girlfriends are the best! :upsidedow

Sarah

What?!!! You're a DIVA! You're beautiful no matter what.

I hope you're okay sweetie. If you need to vent or talk or anything, we're all here for you. :hug::flower3::hug:

Beth--I used to order from OTC quite a bit, but I never returned anything, so I can't answer your question. :confused3 But I can say that their quality is not top notch. We would use them for "disposable" party stuff, etc.
Yeah, that was my concern. That the stuff would be "cheap".
Noelle is turning 13 this November and I want to do something nice, but not too expensive for her now that she'll be a teen.
I'm thinking maybe a Twilight/New Moon party since it will be the same weekend the movie comes out. If anyone has any ideas, let me know! :flower3:

Beth.. i think we are all tired from the heat and the back to school supply/clothes blues are hitting everyone.
Aw, really? That sucks. It's lovely here today!! I opened my windows this morning for the first time since May. :goodvibes And I'm almost done with back to school stuff, thank goodness.

Sooooooooo, is anyone still into going to Goofy's for dinner?
I might head to House of Blues. I liked it there when we went the first trip. The food is good, and it's a fun place. Goofy's seems a bit much for me. I doubt my budget will allow for it.

:hug: Sarah, my friend, you know my home number and that I am ALWAYS here for you if you need to vent.

What show and dinner are you and Jane going to?
We are using the left over Chippendale tickets! :banana: And dinner will be at either RUB or McFadden's. :thumbsup2

We're going to Macaroni Grill! Where are you and Janey Jane going? :cutie:
You know, I just passed a Macaroni Grill yesterday while out doing errands and thought to myself I should give that place a try. I've never been there. Let me know how it is and what's good to order.
Jane and I are going to see Chippendales and eat either BBQ or Irish food. lol We haven't decided which, but they are both in the same hotel.

Speaking of summer being over, I was in Hallmark yesterday picking up some cards, and guess what?!?!?!? They had Halloween stuff out already. :cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2:

I loved seeing that. :hyper:

I might head to House of Blues. I liked it there when we went the first trip. The food is good, and it's a fun place. Goofy's seems a bit much for me. I doubt my budget will allow for it.

I'm just wondering if anyone is even interested in still going to Goofy's for dinner. We still have plenty of time to change that if we want to. I was thinking if no one is still interested (and nobody has said they still are.......), maybe a character breakfast would be a better idea on that day and then whatever for dinner............... I personally am not a fan of Goofy's for dinner, but I would go if that's what the majority still wants to do - but it seems like a lot of people are going to Napa Rose instead.

I cannot seem to keep up with FB and this thread, I feel so out of touch on here.

I have completely lost track of our tenuous plans, and am too lazy to check it out at this time.

I have found that the character meals while sounding like a blast, really are only okay. I have enjoyed them, but the extra $$$ maybe not worth it. I will join in if that is what we are doing, but am up for other things too. I loved our meal at the carnation cafe as we were seated in little groups and I got to talk to people I really had barely met before.

The character meals are often one long table, so you are shouting and not hearing. But maybe I am just bitter since my experience at Ariels was SO lousy last year.

My Dd still has almost a month of summer, so not winding down for me yet. I have surgery on my stupid knee the 20th, so that is likely the end for me. I HATE being inactive...I will be a pain.

Sorry to hear for bad days, Sarah, had one last week. Cried at work. Makes me feel super adult. Hope it starts to improve for you.

OH, my BIG news, going to WDW in November. Woo hoo. Free dining!!

I will try to get back in the swing of things, Hope all of you have FAB weekends!!!

You know, I just passed a Macaroni Grill yesterday while out doing errands and thought to myself I should give that place a try. I've never been there. Let me know how it is and what's good to order.
Jane and I are going to see Chippendales and eat either BBQ or Irish food. lol We haven't decided which, but they are both in the same hotel.

I've been to Goofy's lots of times, so something different is fine! Someone had mentioned about doing the House of Blues Gospel Brunch on Sunday, I would LOVE to do that.

Macaroni Grill is good, from what I remember, but it's been awhile.

Did anyone notice we're on page 244? Almost time for a new thread!!

But maybe I am just bitter since my experience at Ariels was SO lousy last year. WAIT--DIDN'T YOU MEET NEW PEOPLE?????

I will be a pain. WILL BE? AS IN FUTURE TENSE?
Sorry to hear for bad days, Sarah, had one last week. Cried at work. Makes me feel super adult. Hope it starts to improve for you.

Hope all of you have FAB weekends!!!

hope you have a fab weekend too! don't farm too much!

Macaroni Grill is good, from what I remember, but it's been awhile.

Did anyone notice we're on page 244? Almost time for a new thread!!

Macaroni Grill is good--there's a chicken dish I usually get--it's BIG portions--usually have enough for a couple of days after.

We are wordy girls!

OH, my BIG news, going to WDW in November. Woo hoo. Free dining!!

Chefs de France. Cute French waiters. Need I say more?

(Oh, and if you go certain times they apparently have this animatronic rat you can meet too)

Hello Beth, just reading a bit and saw something about your DD B-Day, heres an idea, put up a poster of Edward, cut out paper lips and play Pin The Lips On Edward. I played this as a kid but it was pin The Lips On Ringo. It was lots of fun.

The character meals are often one long table, so you are shouting and not hearing. But maybe I am just bitter since my experience at Ariels was SO lousy last year.

Hey, I was at Ariel's last year :eek: What was so lousy, other than some of the company??? Didn't like Ariel's attitude ;) I LOVED it!

It's me again. I'm being a lazy bunny and not working this afternoon. I may take a nap.

Bella got a bath today--she seemed to enjoy it and looks much thinner (I think she was holding on to a lot of hair because her Mommy is not a good mommy and doesn't brush her everyday.)

Hello Beth, just reading a bit and saw something about your DD B-Day, heres an idea, put up a poster of Edward, cut out paper lips and play Pin The Lips On Edward. I played this as a kid but it was pin The Lips On Ringo. It was lots of fun.

Better yet--cut out FANGS and play pin the fangs on Edward!!!!! LOL

took me a minute to figure out who Ringo was .. . . .

That would be cute. By the end of the game, Edward would look like he was covered in kisses. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts