Girls' Food & Wine Trip 2019

skseif514

New to DVC, Long-Time Disney Nerd
Hey all! I'm pretty new to DVC, so I'd love any advice you can offer!

My cousin and I have booked a long weekend next September for F&W, currently at my home of OKW. My 7 month window doesn't open for quite a while, but I'm already thinking over several options of where we could stay. My top two are BCV and BWV because of the ability to walk to Epcot, but I know those are really hard to get at 7 months. Any other resorts I should consider?

*Note: I did a stay at OKW during this year's F&W and while it was a nice retreat at the end of the day, I'd like to be a little more "in the middle of the action" next year*

Hey all! I'm pretty new to DVC, so I'd love any advice you can offer!

My cousin and I have booked a long weekend next September for F&W, currently at my home of OKW. My 7 month window doesn't open for quite a while, but I'm already thinking over several options of where we could stay. My top two are BCV and BWV because of the ability to walk to Epcot, but I know those are really hard to get at 7 months. Any other resorts I should consider?

*Note: I did a stay at OKW during this year's F&W and while it was a nice retreat at the end of the day, I'd like to be a little more "in the middle of the action" next year*

Your chance of picking up a Studio at BCV and BWV is extremely low, for that time frame, at 7 months. Poly MIGHT work, but, you might consider two other options:

1. Riviera will probably be available for reservations by that time. It will be on the Gondola line and only minutes away from Epcot.
2. IF your points were purchased Direct from Disney, you might consider going through the Disney Collection and reserving a room at Caribbean Beach. Also will be on the Gondola line.

Your chance of picking up a Studio at BCV and BWV is extremely low, for that time frame, at 7 months. Poly MIGHT work, but, you might consider two other options:

1. Riviera will probably be available for reservations by that time. It will be on the Gondola line and only minutes away from Epcot.
2. IF your points were purchased Direct from Disney, you might consider going through the Disney Collection and reserving a room at Caribbean Beach. Also will be on the Gondola line.

I wasn't even thinking of Riviera, thank you for reminding me of that!

Poly is a good choice, although with the way booking is going for fall any switch may be a challenge

She's stayed at the Poly with me before and loved it, so it's definitely worth a repeat, thank you! And yeah, already hearing a lot about how hard booking in the fall will be. If we end up having to stay at OKW it won't be the end of the world, since hopefully the refurbs will be completed by then.

A somewhat slightly easier "get" than an Epcot area resort, though it's all relative anymore given how crowded Disney has become, would be BLT. You have easy access to MK which is great unless you plan to spend all your time at Epcot. Further, you have monorail access to Epcot. Of course, you'd have all that CR has to offer, as well.

Go for a one bedroom and you might have a chance at BCV or BWV. Or even try BLT since you are on the monorail, just changing lines at the TTC. But really OKW is close to Epcot and the bus has always been good for us there. The OKW studio will have two queen beds instead of a bed and a sleeper sofa. So you can cavort at the Festival and come home to sleep comfortably. We were just at OKW for two nights and spent most of the time at Epcot and MK and the buses were outstanding for us on this trip. Either we got to the bus stop just as a bus arrived or only waited a minute or two. Plus they have moved the OKW bus stop at Epcot to the first stop section right along the main walkway (not turn and walk to the end like it used to). Once you leave OKW, it's only about ten minutes to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!