Girls Only Trip (old planning thread, see link to new one in 1st post)

Sure I do, which is why I was surprised you suggested it.....unless you're that kind of girl. ;)

Capri, well hello,we have long suspected,that while we do love Stacie,she might well be that kind of girl. It's because she is so hot...can't help it.
:

And I thought I'd share this article. They called me about an interview on Friday. http://www.edwards.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123148477 I wish they had written more on the other mom, being a single mom in the military is way harder than me in the military.

Hope you all have a nice evening.

steph

Steph, you are so humble....what you do is as hard of the as the single mom!! You deserve the recognition!!!

AmySue

:grouphug: to everyone. I'm headed to bed but I wanted to say to Heather and Kate I hope your day got better and that tomorrow goes well too.

Sounds like those that went to Napa Rose had a nice time.

Traveling today was quite uneventful, always a good thing when you're flying... ;)

And I thought I'd share this article. They called me about an interview on Friday. http://www.edwards.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123148477 I wish they had written more on the other mom, being a single mom in the military is way harder than me in the military.

steph

"Tech. Sgt. Stephanie Brennan, 412th Logistics Test Squadron F-22 Raptor logistics test and evaluation noncommissioned officer in charge"

Steph, can you explain to me in English what your job actually is? I consider myself a pretty smart girl, but I was confused 2 words into this!

Uh oh, sunburned is no fun. Hopefully it'll turn into a nice tan in a day or two. I'm doing great tonight. I bought a bunch of flowers and folage and planted my mom's big pots for her on her deck for mother's day. She loved it! Now I'm just chillin' watching a little TV and having a beer.

By the way, thanks for the Happy Mother's Day text message this morning. That was a great surprise! :hug:

I have the funniest burn on my leg!
I am glad you had a great day!
I need a beer!
i like to suprise!

:grouphug: to everyone. I'm headed to bed but I wanted to say to Heather and Kate I hope your day got better and that tomorrow goes well too.

Sounds like those that went to Napa Rose had a nice time.

Traveling today was quite uneventful, always a good thing when you're flying... ;)

steph

Great job Steph! :thumbsup2

Hello,

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day:) My bf and I went to DTD. We watched Star Trek at AMC. Let me just say that I'm not a Star Trek ("trekkie") fan but this movie was really good! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 You guys should watch it.

Also, I did not care much for Chris Pine when he was in the 2nd Princess Diaries movie, but let me just say that he makes one HOT Captain Kirk! :love:

He can beam me up any day!! :teeth: :rotfl:
i41fec.jpg

We were starving after the movie (we hadn't eaten a thing all day) so we decided to check out the buffet Storyteller's. Luckily their buffet started at 5pm and it was after 6pm. The buffet was good. They had sliced lamb (which I thought was prime rib because of the look and taste of it). There was a sign that said "New York Sirloin" and I thought that's what it was. It turns out, I wasn't the only one confused by this sign. The CM carving the meat said that the one on his board was the NY Sirloin and that the one next to it that was pre-sliced was lamb. :confused:

I went to World of Disney and found some cute merchandise. Here are some pics:
P5100021.jpg

P5100022.jpg

I got these 2 bags that I found in the middle of the store. They were way at the bottom and not easy to spot. I thought they were really cute. I knew if I didn't jump on it they would "disappear," which is what always happends if I wait for items I see at DL. :confused:

This Tink shirt is adorable but it does not come in large sizes. :confused: I wish I was thin enough to wear it. :guilty: The shorts would fit but they are too short in length for my taste. Really cute though.

P5100018.jpg

P5100019.jpg

P5100020.jpg

Rochelle, that Tink shirt is cute. Maybe they were just out of Large? The totes are special.

We'll see Star Trek next weekend. Everyone has loved it.

OT, did anyone else waste their time watching the finale to Celebrity Apprentice? Never again.

Yeahhhhhh for Steph..she's My American HeRo!:yay:

Rochelle... i saw that shirt too.. it's cute *VERY* narrow. I looked at it to deconstruct and make into a hoodie for the girls only trip...but i didn't like it was so high for a reconstruction project. Ahhhh come on Rochelle.. wear the BooTy shorTs... everybody DoeS!:rotfl:
Wendy and I fell in LOVE with the mickey ice cream bar tote!!! It's super cute:thumbsup2

Have a Great Week, Christine! :hug: I hope your mothers day was happy.

WendyLouWho and DebbieLouWho..i wonder what kinda trouble the who sisters are going to get into in vegas?!:woohoo:

Katie and Heather... i'm so sorry that You both had a not so good mother's day... i've had some like that too. Know that each of you are wonderful and deserve hallmark mothers days...but the real value lays in that quiet moment when your child says i love you before falling asleep.:hug:

AmySue..get your PoPo to worK! Hey where is Beth with that whip when you need her.

KerrrrrTgggrrrrrrr... Hey Miss Kerry..Great to see You!:flower3:

Did i see Miss Bree?!:yay: yeahhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhh that makes me the HaPpPy MoNkeY!!!

CheryL.. it sounds like You had a great day! I'm like you, as long as i am with friends..i can have a wonderful time. I wanted to go to that cake monKey event.

Donna and Linda.. it's just wrong i didn't get to go to that mini meet.. *sniff sniff...crocadile teaRs*... magicale.. some of my favorite people...the grand... and i hear there were party favors?! i just live too far away!

WendyLouWho and DebbieLouWho..i wonder what kinda trouble the who sisters are going to get into in vegas?!:woohoo:
Trouble? Us? whatchyoutalkingaboutWillis?

Donna and Linda.. it's just wrong i didn't get to go to that mini meet.. *sniff sniff...crocadile teaRs*... magicale.. some of my favorite people...the grand... and i hear there were party favors?! i just live too far away!

I want Magicale!!!

Morning all!

First of all Heather and Katie ((hugs)). I am sorry your Mother's day's were so crappy. Esp Heather that must have really stunk! I hope your house is better today!

Cheryl, Linda and Bree it sounds like you had a LOT of fun at Disney. Sorry if I forgot the rest but this stupid medicine I take messes with my memory. I can't remember what I just read LOL. I am def jealous though. That sounded like a lot of fun!

And I hope everyone else had a great day yesterday.

For me the time trials went well on Saturday. It was a little crazy though because we have 30 girls in our age group. Usually the max number they allow in one group is 25 so we are OVER our limit. It was nuts! And for TT they do every event except the relays. It seemed like as soon as we did one we barely sat down and it was time to do the next one. They don't have as many older swimmers on the team and they go pretty quick so it was pretty hectic. But I was VERY proud of the girls. Shelby didn't do very well last year (her first year) but this year she took like 12th out of 30 in freestyle and got 24 seconds on her freestyle and did kind of the same in most of her events. Stayed right about in the middle so she has def improved from last year. And that is saying a lot because there are some REALLY good girls on this team that swim like 15 or 17 seconds. And Katy did well also. Her best event is the butterfly and she swam 7th on that one with only a few 10 year old's beating her and she was the only 9 year old up there. So I was pretty proud of her. That was out of 19 girls too by the way.

Anyway then after that we came home and I tried to rest up and that night we went to our friends house and we had a nice visit and dinner and then everyone played guitar hero and we stayed out probably too late and unfortunatly Sunday I woke up with yet ANOTHER headache. The kids had cards for me and Shane had bought me an Ipod. I was very surprised and happy but I ended up spending most of the day on the couch because I had one of my worst headaches yet of the week. It came and went all day yesterday but the last night it came back really bad. So I am going to see if it comes back today and if so I am going to go to the doctor because I am back on my pills now and it should be gone by now. Have not had a headache this long in a while and it doesn't seem right. I mean it goes away temporarily but it keeps coming back and I even took an Imitrex and it didn't even touch it so I am a bit concerned. So anyway I have an apt with my psych today to go over my other meds and luckily I don't have to go to work because my mom is up in Truckee for two days golfing but I may have to go in tomorrow so we shall see.

But anyway that's bout it for me. Shane told me he has to work in Napa today too so he may not be home tonight which means I may have to take the girls to swim alone again! I had to take them on wed and Thurs by myself and I haven't been feeling that great and now AGAIN. So we shall see! Anyway I hope everyone has a good day today and talk to you soon. :)

Sure I do, which is why I was surprised you suggested it.....unless you're that kind of girl. ;)

What kind of girl are we talking about exactly?

Capri, well hello,we have long suspected,that while we do love Stacie,she might well be that kind of girl. It's because she is so hot...can't help it.

Steph, you are so humble....what you do is as hard of the as the single mom!! You deserve the recognition!!!

AmySue

I agree....Steph does an amazing job!

And I might be that kind of a girl, cause I can't help it. ;)

Also, I did not care much for Chris Pine when he was in the 2nd Princess Diaries movie, but let me just say that he makes one HOT Captain Kirk! :love:

He can beam me up any day!! :teeth: :rotfl:
i41fec.jpg

Hey he isn't so bad, but how old is he????? He might be a little young for me but he's still fun to look at! :eek:

Random question... does anyone know of a place to get really nice high quality monogrammed stationary? I don't mind paying a little for it. I want to write a lot of letters to people before I move and I'll be filling more space than most cards allow and I think it's nicer than a cliche card IMO. Perhaps something nicer than what one could find at a place like Target.... I also wouldn't mind ordering it from somewhere online. I'm clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff so any suggestions would be awesome. If anyone knows of anything could you PM me please? Thanks! :yay:

Good morning, divas. :goodvibes

I was going to get this, but then I got the retro Disneyland wallet instead. It's sooo cute!

Woooohooooo, it's Monday! Yay, it's Monday!!!:banana: :woohoo::banana:

monday_1016_wwg.gif

Okay, Monday's suck, but there's got to be a silver lining somewhere.

:lmao: This made me laugh!

Hey he isn't so bad, but how old is he????? He might be a little young for me but he's still fun to look at! :eek:

I googled him, he was born in 1980. So he's older than you, right!?

OH, I love this bag!!!! Hmmmm, I do have a friend going next week, maybe I can talk her into getting it for me? Oh, I hope it's still there when I come out in August...

You read that right!!! I'm going to DLR for my birthday!!! :cool1::woohoo::yay:

((((((Donna)))))) She is my official tour guide. We are going to see the sites and then she's going to show me around a little. Thank you Donna. I have a treat planned for us for Dinner. :thumbsup2

The house has a 'special' wet dog odor about it. I don't think Glade should market this particular scent. :laughing: I've got the windows open while it's relatively cool out trying to get some fresh air.

I still have 10 loads of laundry to do, at least. I did 4 loads yesterday, I swear the pile is getting bigger, not smaller. ALL of DH's clothes have to be rewashed because they barely touched the floor and so they wicked water up into them.

I hope everyone has a great Monday!

Happy Monday, Divas!!! I hope everyone had a great weekend and Mother's Day.

What kind of girl are we talking about exactly?

The COOL kind :thumbsup2

Woooohooooo, it's Monday! Yay, it's Monday!!!:banana: :woohoo::banana:

monday_1016_wwg.gif

Okay, Monday's suck, but there's got to be a silver lining somewhere.

I think margaritas would make a great silver lining!!!! :banana:

Hello,
P5100021.jpg

P5100022.jpg

I got these 2 bags that I found in the middle of the store. They were way at the bottom and not easy to spot. I thought they were really cute. I knew if I didn't jump on it they would "disappear," which is what always happends if I wait for items I see at DL. :confused:

I love those bags - so cute :thumbsup2

Hi Ladies.
I haven't been on much. Did do some reading from my phone, but it is too hard to post. This week was marching band week, in addition to baseball, so very hectic. My oldest plays the trumpet and his middle school band always goes to Sequim for the parade on the Saturday before Mother's day. This usually involves about 2.5 hours of travel each way, with a ferry ride for part of it, so it is about 70 miles. This year was special, because a strategic bridge was out for repair, so the drive became 4 hours, no ferry ride. Saturday was a 4:30 AM start time, and then marching in the parade, a BBQ for 400 People (the 200 kids in the band and then family that travels to watch them), the carnival afterwards, and for me, taking my Mom out for dinner, before finally hitting the hay at her house. We got up on Mother's day morning and helped my Mom in her greenhouse (she has a business making those giant flower baskets that you see around town), weeding, replanting her personal baskets, etc. before we loaded up and headed home. Traffic was so bad, the return trip was 6 hours drive! I totally crashed after gathering up the dog, and getting everyone showered up. And today starts a week that has 8 scheduled baseball games and another parade on Saturday, but at least this one is local. To top all of this off, I had a major showdown via email with my son's coach, after he came home in tears again! It just really ticks me off how much favoratism is shown on how he plays the team. It's first his kid, second the other 4 coaches kids (yes, we have 4 volunteer coaches to assist our main coach), third, the sponsors kids (we had two parents do major sponsorships this year), fourth, his core group of kids that have played with him since tball, and then fifth priority is the two new kids to the team that have none of the above. Guess which one my kid fits into?? So, anyhow, my son is doing way to much sitting on the bench, and he has spoken to the coach about it (very respectfully) a couple of times, and the coach has assured him that he will get more play time, but then it doesn't happen. I was very hesitant to step in, but I finally just had enough. I am hoping that now the coach knows that I am aware of the crap, that now he will give him some play time. We are talking about little league here folks, not select, not high school, and certainly not the Major Leagues. Okay, well thanks for listening to my rant!

Heather and Katie: I am so sorry that each of you for completely different reasons, did not have wonderful Mother's Days. I hope that you will both have one of those wonderful Mom moments very soon, and that you know the other external stuff will pass.

Great article Steph, but I bet a woman would have written it differently. Geesh, the guy makes it sound like it's a little challenging, but really no biggy. You do make it look easy, but I know it is way harder than that guy makes it sound. So, super extra Happy Mother's day to you Steph!

Sounds like Cheryl and Linda had a wonderful time. Hi Breezy!

Hello to Everyone else! I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. Tracey

So my finals are coming up and I have a ton of assignments to complete since I procrastinated till the end of the semester. But guess what? I can't log into the program I need to use. For some reason its now disabled. UGH! I emailed my instructor, so hopefully I will hear back. If not, I'm gonna have to put in a lot of time in the lab later this week. Not what I want to do.

I am so sore today from softball yesterday.
My sunburn still hurts.

Heather~ I hope your day is better today.
Kelly~ Sorry about the headaches and having to take the girls ALONE to swimming. But just remember somedays you do have help when you are sick. Then there are the moms who don't have help and have to do it ALONE. So be thankful that maybe he isn't always there to take the kids when you are not feeling well, but when I am not feeling well I still have to take my kids.
Sorry you ended up with a headache all day. What kind of iPod did you get? What color?

Tracey~ I feel for ya girl. Kaeleb is well, not as athletic as his brother. I think that it is a bunch of BS that coaches act that way. We all pay the same amount for our children to play. Just because you sponsor the team or the league should not give your child priority to play. It just really ticks me off about Kaelebs coach. I hope that you get some sort of good feedback from his coach. Sounds like you had a great day with your mom. Where do they sell her flower baskets?

Capri~ Monday will get better, at 4 PM when I clock out this place. :rotfl:

Stacie~ That just stinks. I hope they fix it for you soon.

Oh believe me Deb I know what you mean. When Shane was in Iraq for 15 months I was completely on my own with the 3 girls who were 2, 3 and 10 at the time so I know what you mean. There were times when they were all three sick and throwing up and I had no one to help me. My parents didn't get it and to this day my mom has never changed ONE diaper. My parents don't really babysit and they JUST now have started watching my kids for a few hours in the last few years. Lynn used to watch them so we could go out to a movie or to dinner but now that she is gone we are back to square one. So I totally feel you.

We didn't go out for the first 5 years we were married and never were away from them overnight even once until just recently. I am an only child and Shane's family is completly worthless and as I said my parents are almost as bad. They are great "financially" giving the kids presents and stuff like that but they are gone every single weekend and I am lucky if they come and see my kids at a game or anything. It is ridiculous much less ever watch them. So I get you! When I get a bad migraine though I am totally incapacitated. It feels like I am dying and I seriously have to go to the ER sometimes. Last night was one of those nights. I really could have gone but I didn't want to go on a Sunday and esp now that we don't have Lynn to watch the girls anymore and my parents are out of town I didn't want to have to drag them down there so I just dealt with the pain and let me tell you it was excrutiating. I felt like I was dying. These are not just your normal average headaches. These are debilitating and I should not even be driving because it makes me dizzy etc. So if I get a bad enough one I probably won't even go. But I have been forcing myself to go the last few times because they have missed so much practice between us being gone that whole first week when we are in Disneyland and then we stayed home two days because of half the team having swine flu. Plus the girls really need all the practice they can get. So I go even though I feel like absolute death warmed over. I don't know how single mom's do it though. If I didn't have help once in awhile I couldn't do it. But then again if I WAS single I would have to have Shane help out. I mean if he was still in their lives he would have to help or I couldn't do it. I could never do as many sports or activities without help esp with my medical issues. So I totally get where you are coming from! I want them to be able to do their stuff but unfortunately with my issues I am just not always physically able to do it by myself. If I get sick then I NEED help. I admire people like you that don't have any help and can do as much as you do I am just not one of them unfortunately.

And my Ipod is black. :)

P5100021.jpg

I love this bag! We were at DTD yesterday and at the World of Disney but I didn't see it. :headache: I would have gotten it for sure! Darn! Hopefully it will be there when I go next time...probably in a couple of weeks with the kids since they didn't go this weekend.

OT, did anyone else waste their time watching the finale to Celebrity Apprentice? Never again.

I did! Can you believe it?? I am never watching it again. I watched it this time because it was on after Amazing Race and it was semi entertaining but ugh...I told Bob to make sure I never watch it again.
I am Lulubelle's (Linda) DD Brianne. I was super excited to see some of you last night at the Hearthstone Lounge! I know my mom was super glad to visit with you ladies. :yay:

Hi Brianne - It was great meeting you and your mom Sat. night and I hope to see you both again soon! I wish my DD lived closer and she could join us!

Sorry to hear that a couple of you had not so fun Mother's Days and I say you have a do-over Mother's Day!

And just my two cents...Monday's stink!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter