Girls Only Trip (old thread, link to new thread in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All!

Hugs all around whether you need them or not.

Let's see, what's new. I have a computer test for a possible job on Thursday and I'm starting to get nervous. My Mom found a lump in her breast (which she has done before but it wasn't cancer). She goes for xrays on Thursday too. It's going to be a busy morning. I was going to get my Dad to drive to the test but I guess I'm not now. He really should be there for Mom.

I joined Facebook 2 days ago and I've a ton of friends already. I even actually know some of them. lol Anyway, I 'ran into' a couple people I used to know eons ago. One of them I sort of non-dated in the early 90s...and he's single!!! So things could get interesting. I might even end up with the same problem as TooCherie had...Boy A or B. Woohoo.

I'll update you again when I have more info on any of this.

Later!

Drive-by post -- I'd love to be your friend on facebook! I'm Mary Jo Mellado. :teeth:

Hi Ladies. Sorry I couldn't post sooner but I just got in from work. Anyway I was able to get a table for 6 at 510. Very weird that we got varied times, especially at the 60 day mark for a not so busy time of the year. Maybe we should call back later on and see if there were any cancellations???

Hope you all had a nice day. *hugs* to all of you who posted that you were in need.

I've had a rough year already. Without getting into specifics (it's work related with one of the sergeants I supervise), I'll just say make sure you all hug your loved ones extra tight.

I'll be back on later tonight to catch up on all the chatting.

steph

Drive-by post -- I'd love to be your friend on facebook! I'm Mary Jo Mellado. :teeth:

I saw you on there already. You're a friend of Karen (Jellyrolls). I'll go send you a request.

Aw Cheryl, you can tell us. :)

Sorry, watched Steel Magnolias the other night and am thinking of Darryl Hannah saying something like "I can't talk about it" and Dolly Parton&someone else sweetly saying "YES you can!"

OK maybe it's the viewing of Steel Magnolias that got to me. Hadn't seen it since Eamon and definitely not since R's diabetes diagnosis (gawd he's doing awesome, is now getting morning blood sugars of something like 92, still without medicines), so the Julia Roberts stuff hits me even harder, and of course since my mom died and I've experienced great grief the Sally Fields breakdown hits me mega-hard as well...so maybe it was that that set me off.

Anyone else watch it the other night?

I love that movie! And it's one that guys (even the sweet and understanding ones like my DH) just don't seem to quite get. I love the whole scene with the groom's cake... it's my favorite part!

Hi, ladies!
I hope you all doing well. I have so much catching up to do! I am so lost on what is going on.

I need to check out the tee-shirt.:thumbsup2

Hey girls!

I spent a fun filled day working on my budget spreadsheets at work. I have a company credit card in my name and one that I can check out to some of the people that I supervise, and I am required to reconcile them online once a month and to turn in my receipts monthly as well. But, I hadn't actually done any of the looking at each budget line that I have compared to what I have spent in each area yet this fiscal year, which started on July 1st! And any interdeparmental charges or checks that I ask for aren't accounted for in the online system, so I have created my own budget sheets each year to keep track.

So, since the year is halfway over it seemed like it was high time to do so, especially with all of the looming budget cuts (the state of Nevada and higher education are in bad, bad shape!). Pair that with the dual motivation of having a new employee in mid-February that will need access to all this information and a really slow week before classes are back in session next Monday, and it made for a good daylong project.

But, now I am happy to be home and to play with Ty for a little bit before bath and bedtime. He has totally hit the terrible two's/crabby toddler stage, which is fantastically fun given that this week is his 16 month birthday. The next couple years are going to be fun, aren't they???:rotfl2: Some days it feels like our trip can't get here soon enough and won't last long enough for me to regain my sanity:lmao: :lmao:

Have a great night!

Hi Ladies. Sorry I couldn't post sooner but I just got in from work. Anyway I was able to get a table for 6 at 510. Very weird that we got varied times, especially at the 60 day mark for a not so busy time of the year. Maybe we should call back later on and see if there were any cancellations???
Hope you all had a nice day. *hugs* to all of you who posted that you were in need.

I've had a rough year already. Without getting into specifics (it's work related with one of the sergeants I supervise), I'll just say make sure you all hug your loved ones extra tight.

steph

I agree with calling back. New day....new call....new CM. (And I personally think the CM that a couple of the girls got today was just being a twit!) I would call back tomorrow and say, "Could I please change our 4:20pm reservation to somewhere closer to five?"

It can't hurt to try.:thumbsup2

Here's a hug for you Steph. Sounds like you need one!:hug:

steph
That's ok about not posting sooner. Thanks for calling. You got a good time too.
I'm sorry things are rough at work. Hang in there.

Hi, ladies!
I hope you all doing well. I have so much catching up to do! I am so lost on what is going on.

I need to check out the tee-shirt.:thumbsup2
Hey stranger! And where have you been?

The next couple years are going to be fun, aren't they???:rotfl2: Some days it feels like our trip can't get here soon enough and won't last long enough for me to regain my sanity:lmao: :lmao:
Ugh, wait until you have a teen. Talk about a PITA. I'm sure I was never so mouthy when I was younger..... :angel: :rolleyes1

I agree with calling back. New day....new call....new CM. (And I personally think the CM that a couple of the girls got today was just being a twit!) I would call back tomorrow and say, "Could I please change our 4:20pm reservation to somewhere closer to five?"
Well, at first I agreed with this but now I'm not so sure. Here's why........tell me what you think.
Right now, Debra and I both have the 4:20 times so there are 2 groups (12 ladies total) eating at the same time. Now say we both call back to try and get a changed time but only one of us gets it. Then we have one group still eating at 4:20 except now they are "by themselves". kwim?

So I'm not sure if we should call or just leave well enough alone? :confused3
Thoughts?
Opinions?

Can I join Cry Fest too!? I cried most of the night on Saturday.

Hugs to everyone, 'cause really, who doesn't need a hug? :hug:

What you need to cry about Wendy? I've been having the crys lately too. And I'm not an emotional person. Meds I take cause me to be weepier than I have ever been. Plus I am re thinking mine and DBFs relationship. So if you need, cry. I got tissues.

Oh you'd be amazed at how much I can eat while I'm at Disney. I'll eat lunch at BB, dinner at CC, snacks at DVC and then be ready for a churro for dessert! :banana: :rotfl:
I'm sorry you've been having a bad day. I get those. We all do. Hang in there. Maybe pamper yourself a little when you get home tonight. :hug:

Well, it's not that you shouldn't. I did when I went on the Ladies Only Trip to WDW. My roomie and I had our DIS names on it. But then I read another thread where someone mentioned that for safety reasons it might not be a good idea and maybe they are right. I dunno. :confused3
I probably won't, but it's really up to each person what they feel comfortable doing. :)

Yeah, I can be quite a snacker at Disney as well. But with all the walking it evens out don't you think?

I agree, each person should feel comfortable if they want to put their names on the door or whatever. Go with your gut.

Is the group split with half doing the VIP and those left going to BB? Will there be people wandering around, not doing either? My first thought is to say "no" to BB b/c I would likely only get dessert (mm, dessert for lunch!) unless someone wanted to split-plate a portobello dish with me, but if I'd be the only one a'wandering then that would be sad.

I am not doing either. I did both last year and had a great time, but I didn't want to be too structured this go round. I will probably grab a bread bowl with soup and do some people watching. Or I may check out the Billys if they are showing at that time. Heck, the posiblities are endless. So if you don't want to do BB you won't be wandering around solo if you don't want to be.

Ok, so last week I was sick, then got better. Now I am getting sick again. UGH! I hate this time of the year.

Aww man, that doesn't sound good. I hope things work out the way you want them too. :grouphug:

Thanks. I hope it works out how it is supposed to work out. I just need to talk to him for the most part. He has no idea that I am feeling this way. I just wish it was easy.

Thanks. I hope it works out how it is supposed to work out. I just need to talk to him for the most part. He has no idea that I am feeling this way. I just wish it was easy.

OMG, I just looked at your tags. LOL You did say it would be your worst luck if that "flinging" comment was caught by the Tag Fairy.

Too funny!

OMG, I just looked at your tags. LOL You did say it would be your worst luck if that "flinging" comment was caught by the Tag Fairy.

Too funny!

I know huh. I know sound like a pop fligging, hooter's wannabe with a butt bow fetish. Damn, I sound hot. Maybe I shouldn't be so quick to break up with DBF afterall.

Thank you all for the thoughts it's a tough thing to emotionally grasp. I'm crying one min, and ok the next. i'm desperatly trying to get motiveted, but can't seem to grasp it. I atleast called DLR reservations but they had no usefull, or new info for AP holders and no idea when any would be released. Hope everyone is doing well, as they say back in the saddle again with school, and getting excited March is speeding towards us yehhhhh.

Hi All!

I joined Facebook 2 days ago and I've a ton of friends already. I even actually know some of them. lol Anyway, I 'ran into' a couple people I used to know eons ago. One of them I sort of non-dated in the early 90s...and he's single!!! So things could get interesting. I might even end up with the same problem as TooCherie had...Boy A or B. Woohoo.

I'll update you again when I have more info on any of this.

Later!

Woohoo is right! And right now I have Boy Zero--and I'm really good with that right now too :thumbsup2

What you need to cry about Wendy? I've been having the crys lately too. And I'm not an emotional person. Meds I take cause me to be weepier than I have ever been. Plus I am re thinking mine and DBFs relationship. So if you need, cry. I got tissues.

Hmmm. I'd better bring three bottles of Rosa Regale.

Hi all.... Well time seems to be moving FAST YAHHHHH. I got a call this evening that made my stomach start feeling like a rock just dropped in it. I saw it was my mom and I really had to brace myself to answer as my grandfather has been in the hospital since right before Christmas due to peunumonia, and he also has lung cancer. The antibiotics helped, but gave him other side effects that still have him in the hospital as they are trying to help those issues now. He's not eating much, and is tired but hanging in there its just a really rough time in my heart and felt the need to speak about. I look forward to the trip to be with people you love cause you just never know. I just wanted to share that, and look forward to meeting you ladies.

So sorry. I'll keep your grandfather in my prayers.

thanks for that laugh Beth I needed it when I got the mental pic of Tom Hanks telling the blonde there's no crying in baseball lol. I got a funny dining CM when I called to book 7 am goofys b-fast. I asked about pirates again and he went in length about a woman who called and kept saying its her birthday and he kept saying he was sorry they are full. I was greatfull I call 60 out wooo.

I received the cutest Christmas card from Wendylady36. It was hilarious!

Yay! :banana: I'm glad you liked it! :goodvibes

Boys are stupid! Seriously, they really are. A boy is one of my problems. And I'm reverse on the meds, I haven't been taking mine and that causes me to cry.

I know you know this, but things WILL work out how they are supposed to with your DBF. Even if that means we have to dig a hole in the Vegas desert together. ;)

I hope you feel better soon!

I know huh. I know sound like a pop fligging, hooter's wannabe with a butt bow fetish. Damn, I sound hot. Maybe I shouldn't be so quick to break up with DBF afterall.

That is hot. Be sure to tell all the guys we meet in Vegas that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!