Girls Only Trip (old thread, link to new thread in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! :banana: I'm glad you liked it! :goodvibes

Boys are stupid! Seriously, they really are. A boy is one of my problems. And I'm reverse on the meds, I haven't been taking mine and that causes me to cry.

I know you know this, but things WILL work out how they are supposed to with your DBF. Even if that means we have to dig a hole in the Vegas desert together. ;)

I'll bring my shovel too . . . . .

Can I join Cry Fest too!? I cried most of the night on Saturday.

Hugs to everyone, 'cause really, who doesn't need a hug? :hug:

Hey so did I.

I'll bring my shovel too . . . . .

I will help you :thumbsup2

Yay! :banana: I'm glad you liked it! :goodvibes

Boys are stupid! Seriously, they really are. A boy is one of my problems. And I'm reverse on the meds, I haven't been taking mine and that causes me to cry.

I know you know this, but things WILL work out how they are supposed to with your DBF. Even if that means we have to dig a hole in the Vegas desert together. ;)

I hope you feel better soon!

That is hot. Be sure to tell all the guys we meet in Vegas that!

Yep I agree boys are stupid!!
I think men are kinda like blenders. You have one, but your not quite sure why. Except that the blender can make a 'rita!!

Hi Ladies. I received some good news today. DL is offering a discounted military ticket for family members. So it looks like I'll be going to DL twice this year. Now the fun begins. Dh doesn't want to go and said he'd keep our youngest (ds) and that I should take our girls and make it a mom/daughter thing (which I love the sound of).

So now I need to do this on a budget. I have an entertainment card but I've never used it. My only stipulation is that I have to do this trip prior to June 12, 2009 and of course I won't be doing this with my kids during our girls only trip. So can someone help me out with the cheapest hotel dates using the entertainment card if at all possible???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

steph

Hey Steph, what kind of deal are they offering for DLR? I heard about the amazing price on 5-day passes at WDW. My sister is military, and it is beyond tempting. . .

I would think early May would be a good time, but I don't think the ent. rates are out for that time yet. I'll double check for you though.

EDITED: Looks like they are listed on the HoJo boards. You can see all available dates for the ent. rate at this link:

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14

Hope that helps!

Hey Steph, what kind of deal are they offering for DLR? I heard about the amazing price on 5-day passes at WDW. My sister is military, and it is beyond tempting. . .

I would think early May would be a good time, but I don't think the ent. rates are out for that time yet. I'll double check for you though.

EDITED: Looks like they are listed on the HoJo boards. You can see all available dates for the ent. rate at this link:

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14

Hope that helps!

Thanks Callie, I'll take a look at it. Here's the Disneyland Resort Information about the discount.

At the Disneyland Resort in Southern California:

Through June 12, 2009, each active or retired member of the U.S. military can receive one complimentary three-day "Disney's Armed Forces Salute" Park Hopper ticket valid for admission to both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure parks. During the offer period, active or retired U.S. military personnel also may make a one-time purchase of an adult or child three-day "Disney's Armed Forces Salute Companion" Park Hopper ticket for up to five family members (including spouse) or friends for the price of an adult 1-Day Park Hopper ticket.

Disneyland Resort hotels are also offering special room rates for active or retired military personnel. For example, at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, active or retired members of the military and their families may find hotel rooms starting at $119 per night during value season, with great savings during other times of the offer period. This offer is available through June 12, 2009, and the number of rooms available at these special rates is limited.

For information regarding "Disney's Armed Forces Salute" at the Disneyland Resort, or to make reservations, military personnel may call 714/956-6424.

steph

Thanks Callie, I'll take a look at it. Here's the Disneyland Resort Information about the discount.

At the Disneyland Resort in Southern California:

Through June 12, 2009, each active or retired member of the U.S. military can receive one complimentary three-day "Disney's Armed Forces Salute" Park Hopper ticket valid for admission to both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure parks. During the offer period, active or retired U.S. military personnel also may make a one-time purchase of an adult or child three-day "Disney's Armed Forces Salute Companion" Park Hopper ticket for up to five family members (including spouse) or friends for the price of an adult 1-Day Park Hopper ticket.

Disneyland Resort hotels are also offering special room rates for active or retired military personnel. For example, at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, active or retired members of the military and their families may find hotel rooms starting at $119 per night during value season, with great savings during other times of the offer period. This offer is available through June 12, 2009, and the number of rooms available at these special rates is limited.

For information regarding "Disney's Armed Forces Salute" at the Disneyland Resort, or to make reservations, military personnel may call 714/956-6424.

steph

Thank you for the information!
My cousin was wondering about this because her hubby (my cousin-in-law) is in active duty in the Marines.

On that note please keep him in your thoughts and prayers because he's being shipped out to Irac. His name is Gus and he has a beautiful 2 year old girl & wife at home who loves him a lot :)

Good morning ladies!

I can't sleep again. I'm too darn excited. I did some calculations yesterday, and we can be completely debt free by the end of the year! :woohoo: I can't even imagine. Then we can work on saving, and can have about 25,000 saved up before we move in June. Now a few things have to work out just right, but still....it's possible!!! :cool1: I'm so excited I can't sleep. (I'm a geek!)

We are such a chatty group. It's almost time for a new thread again! I can't believe it, and I'm sure Beth can't either. Thanks again Beth for keeping us all straight.

DH is off today. We are finally getting the Christmas decorations down. I'm still working on packing....we move in 3 weeks! :banana:

That is all for now. I need to make my tee, but have been busy with everything going on.

Talk with you all later.
Heather

Mornin Ladies!

I think I should have multi quoted, but I'm going to try and remember some things.

First of all, to Lotzgirls. I sincerely hope that your Grandpa gets better soon. I know how sad you must be to see this happen to someone you love. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.:angel:

To the ladies who are having men problems, here is a big :hug:. And don't despair......somewhere out there is a good man. :goodvibes

To Stacie, I believe today is the day your DD leaves. Really big hugs to you also. :grouphug: The day that my DD left for Spain, I cried my eyes out. :sad:

Capri- The emergency flashers story was funny!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: How are ya feeling.

Kelly, I'm still looking for the name of that cookbook.

And Beth or Heather, I stole the Princess icon from your siggie, but it's deleted. :sad2: :sad2: Now what? :confused3

I know I have forgotten something.:rolleyes1

Morning all.

Ok first of all before I forget Mel the name of the Cookbook is:

Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs. Hope you find it cuz it is awesome!!

Anyway yesterday was interesting to say the least. The good news is I got almost all the taxes done. The bad news is I took Lynn to the ortho and I was feeling really crappy so I stayed in the car and she brings out this slip that says they want her to get more x-rays to the tune of 165 bucks. I was like WHAT! This place REALLY is ticking me off. First of all they gave me a quote at the beginning and lined everything out and said it would be between 4500-6000 depending on the treatment and that we would have to pay the amount so I am thinking ok if we pay the 6000 and it ends up being less work then we would get a refund. They told me that it would take 3 years to fix her teeth and 4 teeth would have to be pulled and yadda yadda.

Also her mother was supposed to pay half of the balance after the two insurances paid their part. Well we paid our part up front and she paid SOME but then (flake that she is) she got divorced for the FIFTH time just like I KNEW that she would and it was her dh's insurance and of COURSE he dropped her and so did her insurance and so it stopped paying. So we called her and said she needed to fork over the difference. Well in the meantime her and Lynn had a falling out and she says don't call me again. It is a long story but we have had custody of Lynn since she was 7 and she has NEVER paid us a dime of child support this entire time and she is a TOTAL flake. I was amazed she even gave us her half of the money to begin with but I was REALLY nervous about the insurance since it doesn't pay till the END of treatment and I KNEW that her lasting with this so called husband till the end of 3 years was NEVER going to happen. So of course WE got stuck with the balance. So at first we were "paid in full" then we weren't because we had to pay the balance that the insurance didn't pay since they dropped her (which I am STILL paying) but THAT was supposed to be the end of it. I was NEVER told there was going to be any X-rays at the end. Plus it DIDN'T take 3 years but rather only 1.5 AND she didn't need the teeth pulled so if you asked me I don't see WHY we needed to pay the entire 6000! But what else is new!

Plus my dentist told me Katy had a cross bite and needed an appliance and I am thinking ok like a retainer. Well Lynn's retainer cost 500 bucks. I am thinking ok doable and our ins covers half of ortho stuff. Well I went in and they told me 1500 bucks. I nearly fell over. Then the ins said they would only pay 500 of it. I was like FORGET it. Can't afford that.

So THEN I get home and last night when I go to bed after working too long on the computer I ended up with another stupid migraine. It was a really bad one that felt like someone was poking me in the eye with a hot poker. Shane had to squeeze my head as that is the only way it stops hurting. I know that sounds weird but when you get a migraine your blood vessels constrict and that helps for some weird reason.

Now this morning it is better but I just have that sore after feeling like I was hit by a truck. Gotta love it. So today I am going to have to take a break from finishing the taxes or I know I will end up with another one.

Luckily I am off again and the only thing we have going on today is the kids have church tonight but we just have to drop them off.

I feel like the rest of you all I am SO ready for this trip! Is it March yet! ;)

Morning all.

Ok first of all before I forget Mel the name of the Cookbook is:

Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs. Hope you find it cuz it is awesome!!

Anyway yesterday was interesting to say the least. The good news is I got almost all the taxes done. The bad news is I took Lynn to the ortho and I was feeling really crappy so I stayed in the car and she brings out this slip that says they want her to get more x-rays to the tune of 165 bucks. I was like WHAT! This place REALLY is ticking me off. First of all they gave me a quote at the beginning and lined everything out and said it would be between 4500-6000 depending on the treatment and that we would have to pay the amount so I am thinking ok if we pay the 6000 and it ends up being less work then we would get a refund. They told me that it would take 3 years to fix her teeth and 4 teeth would have to be pulled and yadda yadda.

Also her mother was supposed to pay half of the balance after the two insurances paid their part. Well we paid our part up front and she paid SOME but then (flake that she is) she got divorced for the FIFTH time just like I KNEW that she would and it was her dh's insurance and of COURSE he dropped her and so did her insurance and so it stopped paying. So we called her and said she needed to fork over the difference. Well in the meantime her and Lynn had a falling out and she says don't call me again. It is a long story but we have had custody of Lynn since she was 7 and she has NEVER paid us a dime of child support this entire time and she is a TOTAL flake. I was amazed she even gave us her half of the money to begin with but I was REALLY nervous about the insurance since it doesn't pay till the END of treatment and I KNEW that her lasting with this so called husband till the end of 3 years was NEVER going to happen. So of course WE got stuck with the balance. So at first we were "paid in full" then we weren't because we had to pay the balance that the insurance didn't pay since they dropped her (which I am STILL paying) but THAT was supposed to be the end of it. I was NEVER told there was going to be any X-rays at the end. Plus it DIDN'T take 3 years but rather only 1.5 AND she didn't need the teeth pulled so if you asked me I don't see WHY we needed to pay the entire 6000! But what else is new!

Plus my dentist told me Katy had a cross bite and needed an appliance and I am thinking ok like a retainer. Well Lynn's retainer cost 500 bucks. I am thinking ok doable and our ins covers half of ortho stuff. Well I went in and they told me 1500 bucks. I nearly fell over. Then the ins said they would only pay 500 of it. I was like FORGET it. Can't afford that.

So THEN I get home and last night when I go to bed after working too long on the computer I ended up with another stupid migraine. It was a really bad one that felt like someone was poking me in the eye with a hot poker. Shane had to squeeze my head as that is the only way it stops hurting. I know that sounds weird but when you get a migraine your blood vessels constrict and that helps for some weird reason.

Now this morning it is better but I just have that sore after feeling like I was hit by a truck. Gotta love it. So today I am going to have to take a break from finishing the taxes or I know I will end up with another one.

Luckily I am off again and the only thing we have going on today is the kids have church tonight but we just have to drop them off.

I feel like the rest of you all I am SO ready for this trip! Is it March yet! ;)
YOUZA YOUZA!!! :sad2: What a pain!!! I hope it gets works out fine!! Sounds like Lynn is fortunate to have a good and steady Mom like you. :goodvibes

Thanks for the name of the book. :hug: For some reason, I didn't think Mickey's name was in it. I'm off to go and look for it!!! :cool1:

Hi Ladies. I received some good news today. DL is offering a discounted military ticket for family members. So it looks like I'll be going to DL twice this year. Now the fun begins. Dh doesn't want to go and said he'd keep our youngest (ds) and that I should take our girls and make it a mom/daughter thing (which I love the sound of).

So now I need to do this on a budget. I have an entertainment card but I've never used it. My only stipulation is that I have to do this trip prior to June 12, 2009 and of course I won't be doing this with my kids during our girls only trip. So can someone help me out with the cheapest hotel dates using the entertainment card if at all possible???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

steph

WOW Steph, that is great news! A girls trip with your daughters sounds like so much fun!:yay:

I wonder if the military member has to be with you everytime you enter the parks w/the companion tickets? My dad (retired military) always wanted to go to Disneyland with the grandkids, and this offer might make him finally do it, but there's no way he'd last the whole day. He doesn't have the stamina anymore. We'd leave the park at 1:00pm-2:00pm to take a break and come back in the early evening, but I know he'd be spent for the day and wouldn't make it back. He and my mom would probably just want to have a quiet dinner and drinks together at the hotel.

Edit: I found some info on Mousesavers. Nope, it doesn't look like the military member has to be with you when using a companion ticket. That's great for us, because my dad really would be extemely tired after 4-5 hours in the parks.

Here's the info if anyone needs it:

Disney's Armed Forces Salute

Through June 12, 2009, each active or retired member of the US military can receive one FREE 3-Day "Disney's Armed Forces Salute" Park Hopper ticket valid for admission to both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure parks.

During the offer period, active or retired U.S. military personnel also may make a one-time purchase of an adult or child 3-Day "Disney's Armed Forces Salute Companion" Park Hopper ticket for up to five family members (including spouse) or friends for $69 per ticket.

How to Get the Tickets

Please see a participating US military base ticket office for an exchange certificate for the complimentary "Disney's Armed Forces Salute" ticket for the Disneyland Resort. The exchange certificate will need to be redeemed for such ticket by the active or retired military personnel at a Main Entrance theme park ticket window (maximum of one such complimentary ticket per service member).

"Disney's Armed Forces Salute Companion" tickets for admission to the Disneyland Resort can be purchased only at participating US military base ticket offices.

Rules

Complimentary "Disney's Armed Forces Salute" tickets may be obtained only by active or retired US military personnel, including activated members of the National Guard or Reservists (with orders showing active status after January 1, 2008) and active or retired members of the United States Coast Guard. Spouses are not eligible.

"Disney's Armed Forces Salute Companion" tickets for family members and friends may be purchased only by active or retired US military personnel, including activated members of the National Guard or Reservists (with orders showing active status after January 1, 2008) and active or retired members of the United States Coast Guard (or, in each case, their spouses, but not both).

The military personnel (or spouse) will be required to present valid military identification (which, for activated members of the National Guard or Reservists, also includes orders showing active status after January 1, 2008) for all ticket transactions. A valid ID may also be required for admission.

"Disney's Armed Forces Salute Companion" tickets are limited to five per service member (regardless of place of purchase and whether purchased by service member or spouse) and all five must be purchased at the same time. Accordingly, no service member (or spouse) will be permitted to activate, and/or to redeem exchange certificates for, more than a total of five "Disney's Armed Forces Salute Companion" tickets for the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort (regardless of whether activated or exchanged by the service member or spouse).

First day of use of "Disney's Armed Forces Salute" complimentary tickets and "Disney's Armed Forces Salute Companion" tickets at the Disneyland Resort must be no later than June 12, 2009, and tickets expire 13 days after the first day of use or June 25, 2009, whichever occurs first.

Tickets must be used by the same person on any and all days. "Disney's Armed Forces Salute" complimentary tickets may be used only by the service members to whom they are issued. "Disney's Armed Forces Salute Companion" tickets may be used only by the friends and family members for whom they are purchased.

This offer may not be combined with any other offer.

And Beth or Heather, I stole the Princess icon from your siggie, but it's deleted. :sad2: :sad2: Now what? :confused3
Hmmm, I don't know why it's not working for you. I didn't delete it from my account and it's showing up fine in my sig and Heather's, as well as the front page. :confused3
Here try it again.
Disney-Princesses1-1.jpg

Morning all!! I'm supposed to be cleaning the kids rooms today and catching up on laundry (actually that's not really possible in this house, there is always laundry to be done!) but I wanted to pop in and see if Stacie was able to make the character meal reservations and for what time.
Hopefully she got a much more cheery CM then the one Debra and I got yesterday. :wizard:

WOW Steph, that is great news! A girls trip with your daughters sounds like so much fun!:yay:

I wonder if the military member has to be with you everytime you enter the parks w/the companion tickets? My dad (retired military) always wanted to go to Disneyland with the grandkids, and this offer might make him finally do it, but there's no way he'd last the whole day. He doesn't have the stamina anymore. We'd leave the park at 1:00pm-2:00pm to take a break and come back in the early evening, but I know he'd be spent for the day and wouldn't make it back. He and my mom would probably just want to have a quiet dinner and drinks together at the hotel.

Would the kids and I have trouble getting back in without Grandpa?:confused3
Or would we be stuck doing the geriatric dinner thing every evening?:laughing:

I guess we could go swimming every afternoon and evening if we couldn't get back in, but that would be A LOT of swimming.:fish:

Anyone know?

Capri: one thought--would he do a scooter? That would certainly help with his stamina. Disney at night is so pretty--I would hate for him to miss it!

We are such a chatty group. It's almost time for a new thread again!

It is. I think I'm going to work on starting another one since the 6 pages left on this one will be gone probably by tomorrow! :rotfl:

It won't take but a few minutes to transfer the info over, just please no one post until I've reserved at least the first 10 or 11 spots to keep our lists in.
Thanks. I'll come back and put the link in here when I finish.

Be right back!

I was so confused when I got on and saw there was only one page, then I realized we moved again!

Capri: one thought--would he do a scooter? That would certainly help with his stamina. Disney at night is so pretty--I would hate for him to miss it!

He would have to do a scooter. There'd be no way he could tour the parks without one. He wouldn't have a problem with it. He'd probably love it and then want to buy one to use all the time at home.:laughing:

But he just gets tired, you know? The guy is in bed usually by 7:00pm every night. It's tough getting old, poor guy, but at least he can still enjoy the important things in life, like time with family, along with a nice glass of wine.:thumbsup2

Bye Bye Old Thread!

Thanks for closing it Miss Mary Jo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter