Girls Only Trip ~ OLD Thread, see link in first post for new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I totally hate that. Although, it probably doesn't help that I'm sitting on my butt all day in front of the computer.....or eating Sun chips. But other than that, the pounds should be melting right off. ;)

Lol! Nice! I have been doing well this week...saving up for Mexican food on saturday to celebrate dfil's 60th birthday!

SarahMay

Okay, what do you eat and snack on when you're being good. I need a list so I can stock up. Or do you deliver?

Lol! Funny. I usually have a packet of oatmeal with 1/2 cup lf milk for breakfast, a cheese stick (string cheese) for a snack, a lean pocket or mini hawaiian frozen pizza (or leftovers) for lunch, an apple for a snack, gum to help with the munchies and then dinner (made lighter if it is an old family recipe or one of our new favorites from the ww web site or ww cookbook). I sometimes have a different fruit, like frozen blueberries or a banana and I try to add veggies in with dinner.

Good luck,
SarahMay

Man I check in this morning & then the pages just go flying by!!!!

I would like to do breakfast at RBT however I don't think I want to get up and ready that early :rolleyes1. So I think I'll pass.

Beth- Also for now could you take me off the list for Cafe Orleans on Sunday. I want there to be a opening if someone who will still be there wants to go. If there are no takers, I'll claim the spot later.

I'll PM you the Meet & Greet info right now :thumbsup2.

Lol! Funny. I usually have a packet of oatmeal with 1/2 cup lf milk for breakfast, a cheese stick (string cheese) for a snack, a lean pocket or mini hawaiian frozen pizza (or leftovers) for lunch, an apple for a snack, gum to help with the munchies and then dinner (made lighter if it is an old family recipe or one of our new favorites from the ww web site or ww cookbook). I sometimes have a different fruit, like frozen blueberries or a banana and I try to add veggies in with dinner.

Good luck,
SarahMay

Thanks Sarah. I need all the luck I can get. And maybe someone to wire my jaw shut and attach my computer to a treadmill. I think that could be a winning combination for me. Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

Thanks Sarah. I need all the luck I can get. And maybe someone to wire my jaw shut and attach my computer to a treadmill. I think that could be a winning combination for me. Yeah, I'm pretty sure.

Hey, that might just work for me too :idea:. I'm getting really tired of being plump, but I'm having a horrible time getting motivated. Hopefully by spring my movitation will kick in.

Hey, that might just work for me too :idea:. I'm getting really tired of being plump, but I'm having a horrible time getting motivated. Hopefully by spring my movitation will kick in.

Me too Katie. I'm plump and unmotivated. Well, not completely unmotivated, but I don't seem motivated enough to stick to a plan. I'll stick to it for a day or two, then drop the ball, then back on the plan for a day, then drop the ball again.

When I said I gained like 25 pounds since last year.....I wasn't kidding. I really have, which is a lot on someone like me who is only 5'3" tall. It makes a HUGE difference in my appearance.

But I've got to just do it.....except I think my shoes are Reebok. :goodvibes

I don't think Daisy would want that job, I don't think many Divas are morning people. :duck: If I'm up and ready though, I'd be happy to help her, because I can be super annoying in the morning. :hyper:

Heck yeah! You should come too. :thumbsup2

I'm definitely not a morning person but it's easier when I'm at DLR.

Why am I getting the feeling that I will be gaining a LOT of weight on this trip?

SarahMay

:lmao: We haven't even gone yet!

Geez I'm gone for a couple hours (sleeping and chores) and there are 10 new pages and about food! YUM!

Okie doke. I've eaten there once and liked it a lot. But never had dessert so I am eager to try it. And I want Shirley to have the experience of eating there as well.

I went with the group who did dessert there last year and it was really fun. :) Glad to be going again this year.

Hey, will Captain EO be open then???? :yay:

I LOVED that show!!!!

I think it will be. Eveything I can find online says February 2010 but no exact dates.

I wish they would come out with the date. BTW - have you seen this version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByRJq8SPMxc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Out8HLbidTk

Okay, I agree with this. The first year I got kind of irritated as not everyone is interested in doing things the same way, but I felt out of courtesy that I should be more accomodating. Mostly just pissed me off. I was ready to leave for rope drop...how come we missed it by an hour?:mad:

So, last year, I decided that I would get there at such and such time, and I could go it alone, or anyone WHO WAS READY could join me. Either way, I planned to be happy. Much much better. So, if you plan to do things with a small group or with others...lay the ground rules first!!:cheer2:

Oops, now you will all be looking furtively about whenever I show up to get out of my way. No need......I am happy to play by myself!!!!! Getting to the park at opening is vital!!! Just saying.

Okay, so for all of you who are really planning things to the minute and looking at menus, is it okay that I just show up:scared1: I can't decide today what I want to do end of February. That's why I didn't sign up for many of the bigger meals...I am too flighty.:flower3:

AMySue

I guess I was lucky then. Last year (my first year) I went on a spur of the moment decision and ended up just getting a cheap room nearby (though not the best room). I got up early on the PFF day and wondered the park taking pictures and browsing the shops before rope drop. It turned out to actually help my SH team too since there was a question about something I had taken a picture of earlier. :)

Uh oh, just found another one in downtown disney....Tortilla Joe's. Any good? I could eat there for breakfast being that I will be 3 hours ahead if they were open...

Daisy

That's how we are handling the ladies Vegas trip in June. Putting out a main schedule and then people can pick and choose what they want to do and tweak it to fit their needs. Makes for a happier trip for all. :thumbsup2

Is there a link to a Vegas trip thread? I was off the boards for a while & when I came back I saw this in a bunch of signatures. I'm right by Vicki & Donna so might be able to talk them into letting me hitch a ride sometime (wink wink, nudge nudge :goodvibes)

I haven't been on the boards the last week or so, so actually got to miss some of the lows & highs of Beth not coming then coming. I'm glad you are though!!!!!!!!! It was really good spending time with you last year.

I was stewing in my own juices. I took a industry certification test for my job the middle of this week (so early this week was studying) and did not pass (so late this week was depressed). Am still a little sad about it - I apparently did the worst in 2 of the areas I knew best. What is up with that!!! :( Then I am mad at myself too because the test cost $400 just to take. And a retest is going to be another $200 sometime this year. Just upset at myself, but can't really do much about what has already happened...

Me too Katie. I'm plump and unmotivated. Well, not completely unmotivated, but I don't seem motivated enough to stick to a plan. I'll stick to it for a day or two, then drop the ball, then back on the plan for a day, then drop the ball again.

When I said I gained like 25 pounds since last year.....I wasn't kidding. I really have, which is a lot on someone like me who is only 5'3" tall. It makes a HUGE difference in my appearance.

But I've got to just do it.....except I think my shoes are Reebok. :goodvibes

I feel your pain. I still have 50 baby pounds to loose :sad2:. My weight doesn't really bother me until I go clothes shopping. I always get frustrated when I go clothes shopping.

After the girls trip, I'm going to really try to get on track :thumbsup2 (I guess I could start now :rolleyes1).

Anyone ever been to a Cracker Barrel? They had one in Traverse City, MI where we lived and I loved their hashbrown casserole. :love:

I love Cracker Barrel! And their hashbrown casserole is yummy!:love:

Okay so this is my current packing list as of now. I'm sure I will add more as the time goes on. As you can see, I don't travel light. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

What am I forgetting???

Bath puff
Body lotion
Body spray
Body wash
Camera
Camera back up batteries
Camera charger
Candy for candy buffet
Cell phone
Cell phone charger
Clorox wipes
Clothes (coordinate with daily schedule of what to wear and when)
Conditioner
Curlers
Dental floss
Deodorant
Downey wrinkle releaser
Emery board
Envelopes for maid's tips
Eyeglasses
Face cleansing cloths
First aid kit (band-aids, antibiotic cream, hydrogen peroxide)
Gum
Hair spray
Hand sanitizer
Hangars
Lanyard
Magazine
Make-up bag
Medicine (airborne, aspirin, nyquil, tylenol, immodium, pepto, cough drops, dayquil)
Mini back pack/purse with cash, credit cards, drivers license, AP, etc
Mini lysol spray
Mouthwash
My notes! (phone list, schedule, meal sign-ups, tour info, etc)
Nail clippers
Noxema pads
Pajamas for Meet and Greet
Perfume
Pillow and maybe blanket
Pillow case for pillowcase exchange (well, I'm not doing this, but everyone else, don't forget it!)
Q-tips
Rain poncho
Razor
Room deodorizer for bathroom (just in case, lol)
Room supplies: Water, Pepsi, bagels, cream cheese, granola bars
Shampoo
Shaving cream
Shoes
Sign for hotel room door
Slippers for Meet and Greet
Soap
Static guard
Sunglasses
Tissues
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Towel
Trash bag
Tweezers
Umbrella

:scared1::scared1: Holy cow! That is quite a packing list!!:eek:
I have to admit - I'm a much lighter packer.

I'm also anxiously awaiting news about Heather's U/S. You ladies have really chatted today! Well over 10 pages! Beth - you need to start a new thread soon! :laughing:

Today was an interesting day. As some of you might have seen on FB I went to an academic awards ceremony for my older kids. Grant, my 10 yo, got Honorable mention. My 12 yo daughter got Highest Honor Roll. I was feeling very proud of both of them until . . .
I got a call from Grant's teacher at around 1:30 telling me that he had got caught cheating on his spelling/vocab test!:eek: He was looking at a girl's paper.:sad2: So, now he will be seriously grounded - and he has an big fat ZERO on that test!! Apparently he admitted he did it and apologized to the girl w/out being told to. Kids!:mad:

Should be a fun evening around here once his dad gets home and finds out!:eek:

WOW! You all are chatty today!!!!
I need to read back over the PAST 10 PAGES so far today but I did see that
BETH IS GOING!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
LOL We were a bit chatty. I think it was mainly Sarah and I too. Guess I was just so happy to be back in the planning. :goodvibes

I've got to say, last year, my roomies and I all seemed to be on the same schedule for the most part. What are the odds of that with three women?!!!
That's because we were all cool like that. We were just chillin and having fun. :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Do you all realize we have done almost a full 10 pages today so far - we are chatty!...aren't we getting close to the 250 page cut off?
Yep, I will start a new one soon.

I would like to do breakfast at RBT however I don't think I want to get up and ready that early :rolleyes1. So I think I'll pass.
Will you be around Sunday? I'm going to RBT then at the 9:30 time. That's not that early if you want to join in.

I'll take your name off CO for now. And thanks for the PM with the info.

And maybe someone to wire my jaw shut and attach my computer to a treadmill. I think that could be a winning combination for me. Yeah, I'm pretty sure.
Same here. :sad2:

I wish they would come out with the date. BTW - have you seen this version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByRJq8SPMxc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Out8HLbidTk
:rotfl: Too funny!! Thanks for posting that. I'd never seen it before.

I'm really sorry about your test. I can only imagine how frustrating that must have been for you. Try not to beat yourself up though. And good luck on the retake. :hug:

Here is the link to the Vegas trip thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2343265

I'd love to see as many of the Divas out there in June as possible!! :yay: Disneyland is a lot of fun for sure, but Vegas...... it's just a whole different sort of fun. Last November I saw a totally different side of Cheryl and Linda and I gotta say, I LOVED it!!!! :woohoo: :laughing:

LOL We were a bit chatty. I think it was mainly Sarah and I too. Guess I was just so happy to be back in the planning. :goodvibes

:

LOL it's the truth...it's not often it is a slow enough day for me to really spend it here but I have enjoyed every minute and it has helped the day go by so much faster! Tonight I will be off to the gym but I will check in later to find out about Heather!

SarahMay

I love Cracker Barrel! And their hashbrown casserole is yummy!:love:
Isn't it?? I've made it at home, but it's not the same. I miss Cracker Barrel. With all the restaurants we have here, we do not have that.

:scared1::scared1: Holy cow! That is quite a packing list!!:eek:
I have to admit - I'm a much lighter packer.
LOL Yeah, I pack heavy. Way more than I usually ever need. But once I'm in a room, the good news is I'm very neat and tidy. I keep all my packing to myself. lol

At least I try. Maybe I should confirm that with Capri and Theresa since they've both roomed with me before.

Today was an interesting day. As some of you might have seen on FB I went to an academic awards ceremony for my older kids. Grant, my 10 yo, got Honorable mention. My 12 yo daughter got Highest Honor Roll. I was feeling very proud of both of them until . . .
I got a call from Grant's teacher at around 1:30 telling me that he had got caught cheating on his spelling/vocab test!:eek: He was looking at a girl's paper.:sad2: So, now he will be seriously grounded - and he has an big fat ZERO on that test!! Apparently he admitted he did it and apologized to the girl w/out being told to. Kids!:mad:
Aww. I'm sorry but at least he admitted it and apologized and hopefully learned a lesson from it all.
Congrats on the awards though.

Should be a fun evening around here once his dad gets home and finds out!:eek:
EEK!!

LOL it's the truth...it's not often it is a slow enough day for me to really spend it here but I have enjoyed every minute and it has helped the day go by so much faster!
Me too! It was fun and I really didn't feel like doing more cleaning and laundry. :rolleyes1

I'm going to get started on a new thread. Please do not post over there until I've reserved the first 14 posts for all our info. Thank you. I will post a link here when it's done. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!