Girls Trip- March 2017

hes122

DIS Veteran
So I'm finally getting around to posting my trip report. In June (3 months after the trip) I finally got around to putting my Shutterfly book together. Somehow I don't know why I forgot to post about it here!

Before I get into the details I just want to say that we had a WONDERFUL trip! I'm already wanting to go back, but I don't know when it will happen.

The details:
2 adults- my friend S & myself
March 4-11
Pop Century
6 day park tickets (no PH)
QSDP

Arrival Day- March 4th

We each had an early start to our trip. Luckily we coordinated our flights (she lives in western OH; I live in central PA) so that we'd be arriving within an hour of each other. My alarm went off at 2:30 am (uggh) so that I could finish putting my things together and get ready. I left home around 4:30 am. My flight was at 7:45 am, but at an airport that is about 2 hours away (direct flight on Spirit). I was slightly concerned about the PA weather at that time of morning in early March (especially since there was a squall that caused some accidents the night before), but it ended up not being an issue at all.

Everything at the airport went smoothly and I listened to my IPOD most of the flight. The family sitting in my row was also going to Disney (the kids wore their magic bands on the plane) so I chatted with them a few moments about their trip. My flight landed on schedule, so I made my way to baggage claim to pick up my suitcase. Spirit's personal item limitations scared me off from taking a slightly larger bag on the plane so I didn't have any lighter weight clothes to change into once I got there so I didn't put the ME tag on my suitcase. It ultimately ended up not being an issue because my suitcase was arriving at baggage claim right around the same time that S's plane landed. She ended up taking longer to arrive at ME than anticipated because hadn't realized that her bags would delivered right to our room since she put on the ME tags. No big deal, because I had received the text saying our room wasn't ready yet.

We met up at the ME entrance and got in the line for Pop Century. When we arrived at the resort (about an hour after we had both arrived at ME). The check-in desk wasn't busy, so we decided to see if there was a room ready in order drop off our stuff (we had asked for 50s section on an upper floor at our travel agent's suggestion when we checked in online). We weren't opposed to leaving everything with baggage services, but being able to change in our room was preferred. There was a room in the 80s section (1st floor) available, so we took it. We also picked up our box of water/snacks we'd ordered from Amazon and made our way to the room. We got a little lost on the way because someone (me) thought she knew the quickest way there that was much longer than it needed to be. Once we got that sorted out (and figured out the best route to the bus stop) we were good to go!

We changed into park clothes and were off to Epcot. We arrived there around 2:15. We were both starving, so we made our way over to La Cantina de San Angel and at lunch (complete with margarita).

We managed to do the following between arrival and Illuminations:
  • Gran Fiesta Tour
  • Spaceship Earth (FP)
  • Character Spot (Mickey, Minnie, & Goofy)
  • Living with the Land (FP)
  • Short films with Pixar
  • Walked the World Showcase (got some wine in Italy and stopped in just about every country briefly along the way)
  • Frozen Ever After (FP)
  • Met Anna & Elsa
  • Reflections of China
We weren't particularly starving for a full meal at this point, but we were a little hungry so we used some snack credits in China. At that point, it was getting close to the time for Illuminations, so we just found ourselves a spot near Germany and made ourselves comfortable.

I guess this is where I should mention that I came down with a cold earlier in the week and had been dosing up on cold meds for 3 or 4 days trying to kick it before my vacation started. This first day was a little rough, but I managed to make it through without being too miserable. I was hoping some sunshine and warmth would help clear it up.

That first night was chilly once the sun went down. We were both pretty cold by the time Illuminations was over so we made ourselves a mental note to take sweatshirts with us the next day.

We both enjoyed Illuminations but were glad when it was over because of how exhausted we'd become. It's a good thing we planned the next day's activities accordingly! We made our way back to the resort and pretty much crawled right into bed.

A/N: I'm going to upload pictures from the trip at the end of the trip report.

Sunday March 5- Animal Kingdom

Prior to this trip, neither S nor I had been to AK before, so we were both really excited about it. This was originally supposed to be our HS day, but when Rivers of Light finally went live we looked at the calendar and realized that we wouldn't be in AK on a night when they'd be showing it. So we moved some things around and switched our HS to Monday. I also know a few Cast Members, so I called in a favor and was able to score us VIP seats for the Finding Nemo show (in reality, I was just hoping to see them and say hi; I wasn't expecting this- totally unexpected surprise).

We knew we'd be pretty tired after having been awake a LONG time the previous day, so we planned to sleep in a little. S had also hoped to go to mass before we left for the park, but she changed her mind once we woke up. I got moving a little faster than S did, so I went over and picked up our refillable mugs and checked in on our bill from LaCantina from Epcot. I didn't think they had applied our QS credits correctly so I wanted to verify that. I was right and the CM fixed it right up for us. Once I got back to the room S & I decided to go get something for breakfast. So back to Everything Pop we went and grabbed ourselves some food. We took it back to the room and ate it there. Once we finished eating we got ready to head to AK. We both remembered to take sweatshirts for the evening, which ended up being a good idea.

It was about 11ish by the time we got to Animal Kingdom. We headed into DinoLand USA and rode Primeval Whirl. We walked around a bit and then ate lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue, which might be one of the best places we ate at the entire trip. After lunch, we headed toward Festival of the Lion King for our first FP of the day. The show was AMAZING! We both loved it and were singing along pretty much the entire time. After that we headed over the Kilimanjaro Safaris for our next FP. We didn't see as many animals as I would have liked, but there were some that were very close which was cool. The kids sitting in our row made me nervous though. They were with a big group (most of the parents were sitting behind us), but the younger children kept moving around in the car (standing up and what not) and the parents weren't keeping an eye on them. Nobody got hurt though, so all was well.

At this point we had some time to kill, but not a lot so we just took our time making our way over to Finding Nemo. It was a good thing we opted to do that because it seemed like it took us the entire time to get there! The cast of The View was filming on site the entire week and so the park was a little more crowded than expected. We did get a peak at them as we passed them! Sometime during the afternoon we found out that there would be a second showing of Rivers of Light that night so that lessened our worries about being not being able to see the show. It also meant that we'd be able to see ROL and the Tree of Life Awakenings.

So we finally made it to Finding Nemo. Our VIP seats were AMAZING! We both loved the show. After it was over we used our final FP of the day on Expedition Everest, which has easily worked its way onto my list of favorite rides at WDW. After that we headed back to DinoLand USA and rode Triceratops Spin and Dinosaur. We also met Safari Donald and snacked on some munchies since neither of us were really hungry for dinner. We watched some of the street dancers during this time as well. We then made our way over to the Tree of Life for the awakenings show which was really cool. After that we got in line for ROL, which was probably the longest we were in all day. It wasn't a bad wait though. We sat on the ground and played on our phones some during that time. We both LOVED the show! I personally liked it better than Illuminations.

After the show was over we made our way back to Pop and settled in for the evening. On the bus ride back, we talked about maybe adding another day onto our ticket package (we had an open day scheduled for Thursday) so that we could come back and take in some of the things we didn't get to see. More to come on that later.

Monday March 6- Hollywood Studios

This was originally supposed to be our AK day, but due to ROL we switched up our schedule. We didn't sleep in per se, but we weren't up early either. We had breakfast at the resort again and then got ready for the day. I don't remember what time we arrived at HS, but our first FP wasn't until around noon, so we had time to kill. When we got there, we decided to browse the shops along the main drag. While we were doing that we heard the Stormtrooper March outside so we stepped outside and watched that for a few minutes. When we went back inside I picked up birthday presents for my niece and nephew (Star Wars costumes) and a scarf for a friend who asked me to grab one for her. Can I just say that I love resort shipping? It was so nice not to have to carry that stuff around with me all day.

Once we were done shopping, we watched a bit of the Star Wars show that was going on in front of the Chinese Theater. We didn't see all of it because we needed to get over to Indiana Jones for our FP. After the show we made our way to Star Tours for our second FP. This was the one ride at HS I definitely wanted to get on because it was down refurbishment when we were there in 2011. After that we decided to take in Muppets 3D Vision.

At this point we had a little time, but not much before our lunch ADR at Sci Fi, so we hopped in the line to meet Chip & Dale. I wasn't thrilled with the QS options at HS and had never eaten at Sci Fi so it seemed like a good choice to have a late lunch (I think our reservation was for 2:30ish). We checked in a few minutes before our reservation time and got seated around 10-15 minutes later. We both enjoyed the atmosphere, and I would definitely eat there again even though I can't remember for the life of me at the moment what I ate.

I don't remember how long our lunch lasted, but when we were finished it wasn't quite time to get in line for our Toy Story Mania FP, so we went over to the Great Movie Ride and hopped in that line. We were expecting a wait long enough to push us into our FP window, but after about 15 minutes or so in line, they started calling for parties of 2 or less to come to the front. They were using those smaller parties to fill in the gaps. It was quite a nice surprise to not have to wait in the long line! (For a time frame reference, the line was about 40 minutes long according to the MDE app; we actually waited about half of that). I love GMR and was sad that it was closed so I was happy that we got on it while we were there.

After GMR, it was time for our TSM fast passes. Woohoo! I love this ride. If memory serves me correctly, I won this time (she kicked my butt when we were there in 2011). We then stepped into One Man's Dream and browsed all of the stuff in there which was cool. They had the yellow dress Emma Watson wore in the new Beauty & the Beast on display. It's so much more beautiful in person than on screen. They also were showing long previews of the movie (it came out the following week), so it was cool to see that ahead of time. As we were finishing up with that, the Star Wars show in front of the Chinese Theater was getting ready to start again, so we stopped and watch it in its entirety this time. After that we visited Launch Bay and met Chewbacca. The line for Kylo Ren was longer than either of us really wanted to wait, so we moved along. We did meet a Jawa though!

At this point we weren't really sure what to do, because we wanted to stay for the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular Show but it was still about 2 hours away. The line for RNRC was almost an hour's wait, and I really wanted to ride it (S was relatively ambivalent about it) since I didn't get to on the last trip. So we made our way down there and the line was longer, so we decided to wait in the single rider line. I think we waited about 45 minutes and it was nice that we ended up on the same train. After that Fantasmic was getting ready to start, but we knew that we wouldn't be able to see that and the Star Wars show so we skipped it. The wait for Tower of Terror though was 10 minutes so we walked right onto that!

After we got off that, we were hungry for something to snack on so we stopped at Hollywood Scoops and got ice cream sandwiches. The Cast Member working the register was a student in the College Program from the university I work at so that was cool to talk with him about that. We made our way back to the Chinese Theater and found ourselves a place to stop and eat. After we finished those we moved out into the open a little so that we'd get a good view of the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular Show. The show as awesome!

After the show was over, we made our way back to our resort and settled in for the evening.

Tuesday March 7- Chef Mickeys/Disney Springs/Resorts

Today was our off day. The only thing we officially had planned was a late breakfast at Chef Mickeys. Other than that, there wasn't anything we were on a time table to do. We had decided in our trip planning that we'd spend part of the day at Disney Springs and we'd play it by ear for the rest of the day. My internal clock woke me up early (not quite getting up for work early, but earlier than I would have liked on a sleep-in day) so I played on my phone a little bit before I got up to shower. I spent that time browsing for potential activities we could do later in the day. During that time, I found out that Moana was premiering at Movies Under the Stars at the Grand Floridian that night, so I mentioned it to S when she woke up. Neither of us had seen it before so we agreed to make that our evening plan. We also tossed around the idea of going to play miniature golf at some point during the day, but decided to play that by ear.

We got ready and made our way to the bus stop so we could head to the Contemporary. We decided to take the bus to MK and then walk over, but the bus to MK took FOREVER to come, so we ended up being a bit late to our ADR. It ultimately wasn't a big deal, but I was nervous about it anyhow. Our buzzer went off just as we were finishing up taking pictures with the Chef Mickey statue so all was well. Breakfast itself was fine and the character interaction was fun, but I don't know that I'd do another character meal on an adults only trip unless I was using up dining plan credits. Neither of us had done a character meal before, so we were glad to have done it.

After we finished eating, we made our way down to the bus stop and hopped on the Disney Springs bus. We spent some time walking around and shopping. We spent a LOT of time in the Vera Bradley store. We talked about doing a Characters in Flight ride, but it was too windy so it wasn't running. We were both a little disappointed. During this time I was messaging back and forth with my former camper (the one who hooked us up with the VIP seats at Finding Nemo) who was off that day, so we made arrangements for her to meet us and walk around with us some. I hadn't seen her in almost 10 years, so it was nice to catch up.

S and I both bought plenty of souvenirs and decided to head back to the resort for a bit before heading to the Grand Floridian for dinner and the movie. On the bus ride back to Pop we decided that we'd grab our refillable mugs and sit by the pool for a bit. We also decided that we definitely wanted to spend our next unplanned day (Thursday) going back to Animal Kingdom, so when we got back to Pop, we stopped at the front desk and added an extra day onto our ticket package. It was less than $25/person so it was definitely worth it in our minds. While we were dropping off our bags I checked out our FP options and was able to get us ones that we actually wanted!

We sat at the Bowling Pin pool for about an hour. It was nice to just sit back and relax. We then went back to the room to get ready for dinner and made our way back to the bus stop with our refillable mugs in hand. We decided to take the bus to Epcot and then get on the monorail to the Grand Floridian. Once we got over there it took us a bit to find Gasparilla Island Grill, but a CM ended up pointing us in the right direction. Walking around the resort really made me want to plan a future stay there, though!

After dinner, we made our way over to where they'd be showing the movie. At first we were sitting on a ledge, but when the resort cast members started setting out towels so that guests could use them to sit on the grass we decided to sit there instead. I loved the movie and it was cool to see some of the MK fireworks peek up over the buildings.

Epcot was having EMH that evening so we made our way back to the monorail station and actually got on the last monorail of the evening over the Epcot. When we got to Epcot the line for the bus to Pop was looking a little longer than the one to Art of Animation so we took a risk and switched lines. We ended up getting on our bus quicker than the people originally in front of us did so we made a good call. Once we got to AoA we made our way over to Pop and walked the path to our room. I enjoyed getting to see the other resorts.

Once we got back to our room, we pretty much crawled right into bed because the next day was going to be a long one and it was going to start EARLY.

Wednesday March 8- Magic Kingdom

Today was a long day. I woke up around the same time as if I was getting ready for work and got in the shower. We were at the bus stop to head to MK around 7:15 since we had a PPO reservation at Be Our Guest. Our reservation was for 8:50, but my research on these boards told me that if we got there early, we'd likely be able to get seated prior to our scheduled time. We had pre-ordered our meals online the day before, so we were set to go in that aspect.

We arrived at MK about 10 minutes or so before they started letting the guest with ADRs in, so we hung out. Once they let us in we slowly made our way up Main Street. We stopped at several photographers along the way and got our picture taken in front of the castle. It was about 8:15 or so by the time we arrived at BOG. We checked in and got our rose indicating we had pre-ordered, and we were in our seats around 8:20. Our meals arrived in a timely manner and we were finished eating by around 8:50. We then made our way over to 7DMT and were able to ride it before the park opened. By the time we got off, the lines had already started forming, so we decided not to ride it a second time.

We managed to get the following done before we were ready for lunch:
  • Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Mickey's Philharmagic
  • Under the Sea- Journey of the Little Mermaid (FP)
  • Dumbo
  • Barnstormer
  • Prince Charming's Regal Carousel
  • Peter Pan's Flight (FP)
  • It's a Small World (my favorite ride in all of WDW)
We had lunch at Pinocchio's Village Haus around 12:30 or 1:00 and then had some time to waste until our next FP. We walked around Fantasyland some more and stopped in to meet Minnie & Daisy. We then went over and rode Mad Tea Party. We then took the path by the train into Tomorrowland.

We managed to get the following done before we were ready for dinner:
  • Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover
  • Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
  • Space Mountain (FP)
  • Buzz Lightyear Ranger Spin
  • Meet & Greet with Buzz Lightyear
  • Carousel of Progress
  • Tomorrowland Speedway (4th FP)
When we set up our MK touring plans so that we weren't traipsing back and forth across the park all day (we had 2 MK days planned), and since we had pretty much seen/done everything in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland that we wanted, we decided to venture over to the other side of the park for the rest of the evening. This was really driven by the fact that neither of us was interested in any of the QS restaurants where we were at that time. So we decided on Pecos Bill for dinner and made our way over there. We both loved our meals there.....so good!

During dinner we talked about what to do for the rest of the night. We had FPs for the headliner attractions in our current location scheduled for Friday so we decided to head to Liberty Square. The line for Haunted Mansion was a bit longer than we really wanted to wait, but we decided to wait anyhow since we had the time to do so. After that we made our way to the hub to find a spot to watch Wishes, but stopped in a few of the Liberty Square shops along the way. I was particularly interested in the Christmas shop as I was planning to purchase an ornament for myself on this trip.

After that we decided to stake out our spots for Wishes. We ended up finding a place in between Casey's Corner & the Crystal Palace which ended up being perfect. I didn't realize it at first, but the camera on my phone allowed me to take pictures while I was filming which I thought was pretty awesome. (I had upgraded it in January and hadn't played around with it a lot at this point).

MK was having EMH that night so we decided to stick around for a bit. We hit up the following before deciding to call it a night:
  • Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover
  • Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
  • Buzz Lightyear Ranger Spin
  • Space Mountain (just me, though)
I had really wanted to ride Astro Orbiter in the dark but the wait was insane so we nixed it. I also tossed around the idea of riding 7DMT, but it had been a long day for both of us at that point, so S talked me into going back to the resort for the evening. We walked through the shops on the Plaza side of Main Street as we made our way to the bus depot. I was thisclose to buying myself a Pandora charm, but ultimately decided not to get it.

I don't remember what time we got back to the resort, but we both crawled right into bed when we got there.

Thursday March 9- Animal Kingdom/Disney Springs

Today was initially an unplanned day. During our early discussions, we tossed around the idea about going to Universal Studios and doing the Harry Potter stuff, but we changed our minds VERY quickly when we looked at prices to do it and decided that it should be its own separate trip on down the road.

As I mentioned earlier in this trip report, we decided to go back to Animal Kingdom today and check out some of the things we didn't get to see on Sunday. S had also been texting back and forth with a former coworker who now lives in Orlando about getting together for dinner, so we had arranged to meet him at Raglan Road so we had that on our agenda as well.

We slept in again some (I don't recall what time we actually go up and moving) and then had breakfast once again at the hotel. If memory serves me correctly, we actually ate at the food court this time (we'd previously get our food and eat it in the room). After that we finished getting ready for the day and made our way over to Animal Kingdom.

We walked around a bit and then made our way to Festival of the Lion King for first FP (we'd checked for available fast passes when we bought our tickets on Tuesday and there was plenty of availability for what we wanted at 2 days out, but we only reserved 2). After that we decided that to stop at Yak & Yeti Local Cafes to have lunch. It was hot that day, so finding a shady place to eat was difficult but we managed to find something that wasn't too bad.

After we finished eating we took the the train back to Rafiki's Planet Watch and walked around there some as well as met Rafiki. We then made our way back to the main AK areas and walked through the Maharajah Jungle Trek before using our 2nd FP on Expedition Everest. We also walked through the Discovery Island Trails which was really cool.

At this point, it was about time to make our way to Disney Springs for our dinner reservation. We decided to take the bus to Saratoga Springs and then hop on the boat over to DS since we had some extra time. I made the mistake of getting us off at the wrong stop once we were at Saratoga Springs so we ended up having to walk around in order to find the boats. We ended up getting to Raglan Road a little later than we intended, but it ultimately wasn't a big deal.

Dinner was wonderful. We didn't have a great view of the entertainment from our seats, but we still enjoyed ourselves. Afterwards we walked around a bit and then took the bus back to Pop for the evening. We pretty much settled in for the night when we got back even though it wasn't super late.

Friday March 10- Magic Kingdom

Our last full day in the parks was spent at my favorite park- MK. We didn't get up super early, but we didn't sleep in either. It was a morning EMH day, but we didn't make it out the door in time for that. We did decide to save some time and eat breakfast at the park, so we stopped at Main Street Bakery, grabbed our food, and then found a table by Casey's Corner to sit down and eat. Once we finished eating we made our way of to Pirates of the Caribbean to use our first FP of the day.

After that, we did the following until we stopped for a snack (Dole Whips) at Aloha Isle:
  • Magic Carpets of Aladdin
  • Enchanted Tiki Room
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (FP)
  • Tom Sawyer Island
After our snacks (which by the way were DELICIOUS), we rode the Liberty Square Riverboat and then decided to have lunch at Columbia Harbour House. I was particularly happy that I was able to get a lemonade iced tea slushy drink with me meal at no extra cost. We ate upstairs which was very nice. As we were finishing up, we realized that it was almost time for the afternoon parade so we made our way outside for that. We arrived just in time to get a nice spot, even though it was hot outside.

After the parade, we made our way back to Fantasyland to use our 7DMTR FP. As soon as we tapped in to the ride I immediately began looking for a FP for Splash Mountain, because it was clearly the hottest day of the trip and a little cooling off would've been nice. Unfortunately, everyone else had that same thought process and because it was almost 3:30 at this point everything was gone for the rest of the day. We did manage to get a FP for Jungle Cruise, though. In hindsight, we should have attempted to get a 4th FP for Splash on Wednesday instead of waiting until today or swapped one of our other FPs for a Splash one.

After that, we did the following before making our way to Pecos Bill for dinner:
  • Prince Charming's Regal Carousel
  • Mickey's Philharmagic
  • Meet & Greet with Peter Pan
  • Walk through Cinderella's Castle
  • Liberty Square Riverboat
  • Country Bear Jamboree
As we were just about finished eating dinner, it sounded like we could hear the train going, so I ran over to the Frontierland Station to confirm. The train had been down all week, so I was quite surprised to see it finally up and running again. The CM at the beginning of the line told me that it would be coming around once more for the night making the entire loop, so I ran back to tell S the status. So we made our way back over to the station and rode the Walt Disney Railroad around the park. The timing couldn't have been more perfect, as it gave us just enough time to make our way over to the Jungle Cruise for our final FP of the night. After that we had enough time to get in one more ride on POTC before we had to make our way to the HUB for Wishes.

Once S found us a spot to watch Wishes, I went over to Sleepy Hollow and grabbed us a funnel cake to snack on while we waited for the show to begin. This time, I didn't pull out my phone and take any pictures at all. It felt really good to be disconnected and in the moment. After Wishes was over we walked through the shops on the right side of Main Street as we made our way to the bus depot. As we were just about ready to leave the park, they made an announcement about the Once Upon a Time show getting ready to start so we stuck around for that. Once it was over, we made our way back to the resort and pretty much crawled into bed. We were tired and knew we'd have a long day tomorrow.

Saturday, March 11- Epcot/Departure Day

We knew going it that it'd be a long day and that we wanted to maximize our time as best we could so we got up early to finish packing. Once we were ready for the day, we dropped off our baggage at Bell Services (S check her bag with the airline service since she was flying on SW) and then I waited in line at the front desk to have a package sent over to AoA for friends of ours who were arriving the next day (we had some snacks and bottles of water left). That took longer than we expected, but we got on the bus to Epcot with plenty of time to make our Soarin FP. We both loved this ride on our last trip (in fact we skipped Illuminations to ride it a second time) and this was the first ride S mentioned once we sat down and started talking about reserving our FPs. It was certainly very high on my list as well. We both really enjoyed the updates and talked about it over breakfast afterwards at Sunshine Seasons. That place is one of my favorite counter service restaurants in all of WDW.

After breakfast, we made our way over to Figment and used our 2nd FP there. The World Showcase wasn't open yet so we strolled around Future World some (the line for Test Track was too long for our liking) and went on Ellen's Energy Adventure. I don't think they had announced that it was closing yet when we were there, but I'm glad we still got one last spin on it. After that, it was time for our FP on The Seas with Nemo. We got through that and started looking for 4th FP options. There wasn't much that would work for our time frame (we had to leave the park around 3:00), so we opted not to book another.

The World Showcase, however, was open at this point so we started in the UK and worked our way around. We stopped in Morocco and had lunch at the Tangierine Cafe which we both enjoyed. I spent more time actually looking around the various countries than I ever had before and there were lots of little nooks and crannies I had never seen so that was definitely a plus! We almost waited to mete Jasmine but her line was cut off just as we were working our way towards the end of it.

When we got to Germany I made a beeline for the Christmas store, because I had eyed an ornament there the previous Saturday that I wanted to purchase. Unfortunately I didn't see the exact one, but I found one that was pretty close. At the time I was disappointed, but now that I see it on my tree, I'm happy with my purchase.

In Mexico, we took one last ride on the Gran Fiesta Tour, so it turns out that was the first and last ride of our trip. We shopped some more on our way to the bus depot. When we got back to Pop Century we picked up our bags from Bell Services and hung out in the food court. We each picked out some serious desserts to finish off our snack credits. We chatted some about the trip and came up with a list of some tips for our friend who was arriving the next day. As it got closer to our ME pickup time, we changed out of our park clothes and into our travelling attire.

Once we arrived at MCO we decided to have dinner at Macaroni Grill. While we were eating, I got a notification that my flight was delayed, so it gave us some extra time. After we finished eating it was time to say goodbye to each other (we were in separate areas). While I was in the security line, I got another notification that my flight delay had been cancelled so now I was worried that I would be late boarding. It turns out that I wasn't, but I was still freaked out for a few minutes.

I arrived at my final destination around 10:15 or so and made my way to my pit stop for the evening. My grandfather's house is about 15 minutes away from the airport so I stayed there rather than travel the 2 hours back to my house. It all worked out and I got to visit with my aunt as well as my grandfather.

Overall it was a great trip, and I really look forward to going back sooner rather than later. I some ideas brewing in my head for the next trip, but we'll see how they pan out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!