Give a moment of Reflection-Tykes's Friend Stephaine..

Goofyposter

Director of Farmland Defense
Groosch Everyone...Today is the day that Stephaine (Tykes terminally ill co-worker/friend) will be leaving Walt Disney World.

While it's always sad to leave WDW...may I ask you all to reflect on what's really happened here.

By the vision and compassion of soooo many disser's....within a timeframe of something like 3 weeks...Disser's and other compassionate folks saw the tragic condition of Stephaine's circumstance and rallied behind a truely unselfish cause. By your careing and loving of a family in crisis that you don't even know...you have given one of life's greatest gifts....hope, and the belief that *just maybe* people do still care about others.

As I see it thur your generosity...you have made it possible to give those 3 kids (8,7,2) happy memories with their Mom and give all of them a "restbit" during a unimaginably difficult period in their lives.

Surely...the toughest period still lays ahead for them....but with the healing power of the passage of the future years....the memories of some happy time with that young mother..will never be lost to those little kids.

Let us all keep these folks in our minds and hearts as they fly home today for their safety.

Let us all learn from this of just how amazing wonderful the power of honest human caring for others and pulling together can make a dream come true. Bless you all.

Thank you, Goofyposter! This one event has been the highlight of my year! When I first offered DVC points, I had no idea there would be others here on the DIS willing to do the same. When I started asking on the DVC board, I got 4 offers within minutes! It makes me feel good about the people we associate with here on the DIS.

I spoke to Stephanie on the phone before she left on the trip. She is a very caring and gentle person who has had a lot of growing up to do in the recent past. My heart just aches for her and her family. I think part of her purpose for her short life has been realised here. She has brought a lot of people together for a common cause, and that is an action of Peace in a rough world. She was able to bring out the good in a lot of people.

I think we need to thank Stephanie herself as well!
heart.gif

I hope they had a superb time , and what an honor for me to have been able to make a difference in their lives along with a bunch of other people...this is what makes the DIS so special!

I've been thinking of them all week and will continue to carry them in my good thoughts!!

I hope they had a Magical time and the children will cherish the memories forever!!

I couldnt say it better Goofyposter. We have a wonderful group of caring people here on the Dis. It makes me very proud to be a part of a group like this.
I hope Stephanie and her family had the best time they could possibly imagine!

Yes, GP, the DIS is a special place, a place made of people who care about people, a lot. I have seen it many times over the past years here, I suppose I will in the future also. Stephanie's trip to WDW with her children, is a miracle in itself. Let's continue to pray for maybe one more for her.

Thanks, GP, for the nice thought this morning. :sunny:

I bet they had a wonderfully MAGICal vacation! I will be anxiously awaiting some pictures to be posted SOON.
:)

Ya know GP, tearing up first thing in the morning at work is not what I had in mind today ;)

WoOnderful, Wonderful post! Thanks so much for putting into words what I have been feeling in my heart, and have been too inarticulate to say.

Debbie

ditto to everything said...they are always in my thoughts and prayers....

I think this is one of the times where I say to myself, "How truly amazing God is, to take such a sad situation and bring out some beauty." Such a gift of love, to all of us.

That's a beautiful post Goofyposter. :)
Like Dixie Dreamer said, it is bitter sweet. :( :)

Well said, GP. The DIS is truly a community of generous, caring people.

Well said, GP. You may be a Dippy Dawg, you have the heart of a poet. :) Your post was a great way to start my day.
:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter