Give kids the world fund raiser

mvbuch

Earning My Ears
I went to omaze and before I entered I looked for how they handle my information.

What I found under how it works is that only 80% net funds goes to the charity the rest goes to Omaze.

I’m very familiar with Omaze; my company used to work with them. The charity gets the net donations after credit card processing fees, marketing expenses, donor experience costs, Omaze administration fees, etc.

That's good to know, isn't GoFundme about 10% in comparison?!
I was planning on donating a comparably small amount. Since my chance at the castle would be lottery, pie in the sky, odds, I may just donate directly to GKTW so more goes to the kids. I will think it over.

Thanks OP!!!

I went on to enter today and it said 14 days left, I could have sworn that yesterday there was only 3 days left in the campaign?

I went on to enter today and it said 14 days left, I could have sworn that yesterday there was only 3 days left in the campaign?
I noticed that yesterday. Looks like the drawing was extended but it isn't mentioned anywhere. The rules were just updated to:

Sweepstakes Start Date:
September 16, 2017

Deadline to Enter:
October 27, 2017 at 11:59pm PST

Winner Announced:
On or around November 3, 2017

I find it annoying that it wasn't announced or stated or something.

I noticed that yesterday. Looks like the drawing was extended but it isn't mentioned anywhere. The rules were just updated to:

Sweepstakes Start Date:
September 16, 2017

Deadline to Enter:
October 27, 2017 at 11:59pm PST

Winner Announced:
On or around November 3, 2017

I find it annoying that it wasn't announced or stated or something.
Because I had “entered” already, I did get an email today from Omaze saying they were extending it. As a “thank you”, Omaze was offering 100 free entries if you made another donation.

Does this extension mean there has been a small response or a large response?

Does this extension mean there has been a small response or a large response?[/QUOTE]
I was curious what it means too. I was planning to donate (still will) I just have a bit longer to get my money in. I do have one question. If we donate does it count towards the Disunplugged money amount (Isn't Pete trying to raise 1 million dollars for GKTW?)and is there someplace to add we heard about it on the DIS. I know the team has offered lunch for big donations but are you all keeping track of all DIS people and amounts donated?

Because I had “entered” already, I did get an email today from Omaze saying they were extending it. As a “thank you”, Omaze was offering 100 free entries if you made another donation.

Does this extension mean there has been a small response or a large response?
I had entered previously too. I got the email on the evening of Oct 13, about 6 hours after I made my post. I felt like they listened to me. :tongue:

I don't know if it means a small or large response. But it does mean more entries. It also means I'll probably do more donations/entries. I've been doing a little bit every so often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!