Give me your best Kids Club Activities...

Clojel

DIS Veteran
My DD will be almost 9 for our cruise next month on the Dream. Last year was our first cruise and she LOVED the Kids Club, but she didn't go there as much as she wanted to... I told her she could go more this time around but I'm curious what your kiddos have said are the "can't miss" activities. TIA!

My kids don't give too many details but here are some things I've heard them talk about:
Pluto Pajama Party
Sloppy Science
Foursquare

My dd(10 yrs old) also loves Pluto PJ party, but I've been told they only do it on 7night or longer cruises. We haven't cruised on the Dream though, so I don't know if they do it or not. If they do it on the Dream, she should definitely go to it. My dd also enjoys any "cooking" activities and using the drawing table to make art pictures.

My kids don't give too many details but here are some things I've heard them talk about:
Pluto Pajama Party
Sloppy Science
Foursquare

She did PPJP...loved it!! But not sure about sloppy science or foursquare. Is foursquare just like that playground ball bouncing game? She plays that at recess so that might be a good one!

My dd(10 yrs old) also loves Pluto PJ party, but I've been told they only do it on 7night or longer cruises. We haven't cruised on the Dream though, so I don't know if they do it or not. If they do it on the Dream, she should definitely go to it. My dd also enjoys any "cooking" activities and using the drawing table to make art pictures.

DD isn't into art but she LOVES to cook. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for that one in the navigator :) Thx!

Oh, and the Dream does do PPJP on shorter cruises...she did that one last time on our 4 day.

It’s not a kids club activity, but my kids (9 and 7) absolutely loved the kid workshop held by the magician who’d performed the night before on the Dream. He explained how a few tricks were done and it really was a lot of fun.

It’s not a kids club activity, but my kids (9 and 7) absolutely loved the kid workshop held by the magician who’d performed the night before on the Dream. He explained how a few tricks were done and it really was a lot of fun.

That's cool...was this an "all ages" type thing?

That's cool...was this an "all ages" type thing?

Yes, all ages. I think it’d most appeal to kids from maybe 6-12 (although I was entertained too). My kids would have also been fine to attend solo I think.

I had zero interest in attending the “so you think you know your family” game show, but my daughter convinced me and it was also a hoot.

I'm sailing on the Fantasy with my kids (7 & 4) this Saturday am excited to know how much fun they'l have reading all this!

My DS last couple of cruises ( age 8-9) loved Sloppy Science and Anyone Can Cook - kids edition.
He also liked competitive games where you won prizes.
Basically if I showed up to get him during any of these activities - good luck. He wasn't leaving... ;)

My daughter's favorites are:
Anyone can cook
Super Sloppy Science
Craft Corner
Scavenger Hunts
Pluto's Pajama Party
Piston Cup Racers
Infinity challenges (on the Dream)

Not in the kids club, but an absolute favorite is the Mickey 200. She also loved the Cogsworth challenges (might only be on the classic ships). She just did a fabulous workshop with the guys from Buckets and Boards if they are on your cruise. We both also like to do a lot of the family craft activities together.

Just so you know the cooking activities are things like decorating cupcakes and making cookies. My dd "made" cookies when she was 6 yrs old. They gave them cookie ingredients and had them mix everything together. But when the cms returned with the baked cookies "somehow" looked and tasted a lot better than they did before. I told her it must have been some Disney magic.lol. Glad to hear they do the pj party on the Dream. I think it's pretty popular.

My daughter's favorites are:
Anyone can cook
Super Sloppy Science
Craft Corner
Scavenger Hunts
Pluto's Pajama Party
Piston Cup Racers
Infinity challenges (on the Dream)

Not in the kids club, but an absolute favorite is the Mickey 200. She also loved the Cogsworth challenges (might only be on the classic ships). She just did a fabulous workshop with the guys from Buckets and Boards if they are on your cruise. We both also like to do a lot of the family craft activities together.

What’s the Mickey 200?

Just FYI when my kids did the “cook” your cupcakes thing a few weeks ago, they ended up having to split them into two groups. I guess there were a ton of kids. We planned to get them right afterwards but my older child hadn’t done it yet. We left him and it was fine, just FYI for timing wise!

From our old Navigator:
Mickey 200
“Don’t eat your vegetables...race them in this wild and wacky charge to the finish line. May the best veggie win!

We have never actually done it - maybe someone can explain this :)
Mickey 200: each group gets a potato, a carrot, 4 nails and some wheels. You get to shape them into whatever vehicle you can and then race them against other teams down a track. Winner gets bragging rights and a medal. My kids participated with daddy as a team and won! Next cruise didn't have it though...and they were disappointed. But remain undefeated lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter