Giving Thanks To Cast Members

chrisluvsdizney

Earning My Ears
Think we all have a story of a Disney Cast Member going above and beyond to make our experience that more Magical. I am part of YouTube group of guests & former Cast Members who would like to show our appreciation to current and former Cast Members this Holiday Season. Just not sure how to go about it. We would like to send a card with a note along with a small gift. (Disney Pin or Ornament for example) We aren't sure if Cast Members will be willing to give out addresses or if we could send stuff to the park or resort for them. I love this idea and believe a lot of people will like to participate. If your a Cast Member do you know if sending stuff to the parks/resorts would work? Would you like to receive something or know another Cast Member that would like to? If you are a guest would you like to send something to a certain Cast Member or would like to send something at random? This is a great way to give back to those who give us so much everyday. Look forward to hearing from you! Have a Magical Day!

honestly, the only thing of real value that guests can give to cast members is an official cast member compliment. This can either be done at city hall or through official Disney social media. The cast member compliments get put on the cast members employment record and count towards vacation time, promotions, department changes and schedule requests.

Also cast members get really good discounts on Disney things most have a lot of pins and other small things

exactly, and not only do cast members get a discount on merchandise and pins IN Disney parks, in Anaheim and Im sure in Walt Disney World, there is a cast member only warehouse shop where Disney sells off season merchandise, clothes, pins and a ton of other things at really cheap prices. So cast members if they are interested in collecting pins or certain merchandise have access to so much more than a general public guest.

Sending things to the parks for specific cast members would not work, cast members would not give out their private mailing or home addresses and really I doubt that cast members would honestly value random trinkets.

Think of it logically. The only thing of real value to employees, which to be blunt are just what CM's are, is the reward system put in place by their employer.

Last edited:
this helps them get promoted and goes onto there records.
The cast member compliments get put on the cast members employment record and count towards vacation time, promotions, department changes and schedule requests.
Also cast members get really good discounts on Disney things most have a lot of pins and other small things
exactly, and not only do cast members get a discount on merchandise and pins IN Disney parks, in Anaheim and Im sure in Walt Disney World, there is a cast member only warehouse shop where Disney sells off season merchandise, clothes, pins and a ton of other things at really cheap prices.
Somewhat accurate, but not totally.

care to explain what is not accurate? I know a cm in Anaheim who has worked in Disneyland for over 10 years and I have been to Company D.
I think some CM do not get the discounts all the time like CP they only get the discounts at holiday the few CM I know have works at Disney so long when they retired they go a life time pass for them and family the other one is still there and get 40% off everything

Honestly, the best way to recognize a great CM is in the moment or by tweeting. While it's true that some CM's will simply throw out a little knick-knack, that's not always the case. I still have a grape soda pin (from the UP movie) a Guest gave me six years ago... I also kept a small simple note someone else gave me (it is super cute -- Jungle Book themed and says "Thank you for going above and beyond the Bare Necessities"). Writing in and tweeting about an encounter are also good ideas, and do usually result in formal recognition. Tweeting these days is better -- it once took me three years to get a letter a Guest wrote to me. As CM's, we understand that taking extra time out of your day to stop by Guest Relations, send a tweet, or write an email aren't always practical. Trust me, we appreciate even a simple "thank you" during a busy holiday season!

honestly, the only thing of real value that guests can give to cast members is an official cast member compliment. This can either be done at city hall or through official Disney social media. The cast member compliments get put on the cast members employment record and count towards vacation time, promotions, department changes and schedule requests.
Thank you so much for the feedback. Didnt know those cast compliments were so helpful to them!

Honestly, the best way to recognize a great CM is in the moment or by tweeting. While it's true that some CM's will simply throw out a little knick-knack, that's not always the case. I still have a grape soda pin (from the UP movie) a Guest gave me six years ago... I also kept a small simple note someone else gave me (it is super cute -- Jungle Book themed and says "Thank you for going above and beyond the Bare Necessities"). Writing in and tweeting about an encounter are also good ideas, and do usually result in formal recognition. Tweeting these days is better -- it once took me three years to get a letter a Guest wrote to me. As CM's, we understand that taking extra time out of your day to stop by Guest Relations, send a tweet, or write an email aren't always practical. Trust me, we appreciate even a simple "thank you" during a busy holiday season!
I want that pin!! Honestly dont know how many addresses we would get. We tweet the cast compliments and they seem to get to the CM's fairly quickly and for the most part want to send something to those we have had experiences with not just pulling names out of a hat. We were thinking, that it would be nice to get a little note saying thank you, we still remember our Magical time at "fill in the blank". Maybe it does mean more when your "in the moment". Which would make sending stuff there (parks, resorts) make more sense. CM"s see the compliments, so that may be the way to go. Could we attach a gift to that? IDK. Thats why i came here figured as a community we could figure something out. Thank you so much for the feedback

I want that pin!! Honestly dont know how many addresses we would get. We tweet the cast compliments and they seem to get to the CM's fairly quickly and for the most part want to send something to those we have had experiences with not just pulling names out of a hat. We were thinking, that it would be nice to get a little note saying thank you, we still remember our Magical time at "fill in the blank". Maybe it does mean more when your "in the moment". Which would make sending stuff there (parks, resorts) make more sense. CM"s see the compliments, so that may be the way to go. Could we attach a gift to that? IDK. Thats why i came here figured as a community we could figure something out. Thank you so much for the feedback

I mean the main issue is that honestly, there is no real way to get things directly to cast. The best bet is to send something to the general communications address (P.O. Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000) and hope that it gets to the CM it was intended for. I've gotten letters with "gifts" including (usually photos) in a timely manner, but again, one letter took three years to get to me. YMMV.

I mean the main issue is that honestly, there is no real way to get things directly to cast. The best bet is to send something to the general communications address (P.O. Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000) and hope that it gets to the CM it was intended for. I've gotten letters with "gifts" including (usually photos) in a timely manner, but again, one letter took three years to get to me. YMMV.
Thank you so much for the information. Really appreciate it.

I'm pretty close to a knucklehead CM (see avatar) who just retired 7 weeks ago after 22 plus years at WDW.

I wanted to wish you well on your retirement! My DH retired last year after 44 plus years on the same job and he found it to be a bit of a learning curve for the better part of a year. I wish your "curve" to be much shorter!

My DD and DSIL have made envelopes with a note and a brand new $2 bill inside. It was not meant to be a money gift but one that symbolized that we recognized the over and above efforts made for us. My DGD handed one to a Main Street trolley driver who was so nice to us, and the man got all teary. The ride was on his last day befor retirement. I think his reaction was more precious to us than our little gesture to him. DGD also handed them to a few other CM's who were awesome to us, over and above the normal interactions we alway senjoyed.

Now I try to get CM names and send them with a note to guest relations after our trips. I also will stop at guest services and ask for a compliment card. I know that notes, trinkets and gifts mean a lot, but I also think that for employment purposes something in writing can go a long way for any employee, especially in an environment where management records compliments in employee records.

While it's true that some CM's will simply throw out a little knick-knack, that's not always the case. I still have a grape soda pin (from the UP movie) a Guest gave me six years ago...

Oh my golly! That was MY SON, if you were Russell! My two little boys were dressed as Wilderness Explorers and my oldest was three and gave you the badge, he was so excited to meet you!

I don't tweet much. In fact, I'll probably have to recover my password.
How does one tweet a compliment of an employee so that it gets to the right place? I didn't get her picture, but I do have her name, work location, and the date. I would like for her to be recognized for her attention to detail.

I don't tweet much. In fact, I'll probably have to recover my password.
How does one tweet a compliment of an employee so that it gets to the right place? I didn't get her picture, but I do have her name, work location, and the date. I would like for her to be recognized for her attention to detail.

I don't tweet so I email our appreciation/compliments with the name of the cast member, the location and date/time. I've received responses back stating that the comments will be shared with the appropriate leadership so the cast member can be commended for the great service... so I hope they do!

I don't tweet so I email our appreciation/compliments with the name of the cast member, the location and date/time. I've received responses back stating that the comments will be shared with the appropriate leadership so the cast member can be commended for the great service... so I hope they do!
What email address do you use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter