GKTW Event: 4th annual NE Dis Meet to benifit GKTW - Oct 3-5, 2014

:wave2: I'm a little late but I hope you decided to come to the meet! We are almost exactly birthday buddies - I'm turning 36 on 10/5! I am totally making this event my birthday celebration weekend. Last year we went just for the podcast recording day and I am, like you - very shy and nervous around new people. Everyone was great and friendly and it was such a great experience to be around people that love Disney as much as I do.

It's really just around the corner now - I can't wait!

I'll be there! And, because my b'day is also on 10/5, I'd like to say that I'm EXACT birthday buddies with you guys - just add 23 years to your ages and I'm there!!! ;):rotfl2:
Hey, it's not the years, it's the attitude, right?? Great way to spend a birthday!!!

Linda :bday:

Hi Friends!

Just signed up my husband and myself for Sunday's brunch + podcast. Our first mouseketeer will only be 3months old at the time, so he'll be staying home. We actually live in Plymouth, and couldnt pass up the chance at our first DISMeet. Sadly, Im a photographer and have two weddings to shoot on Friday and Saturday :sad1: but I'm free on Sunday, and cant wait for the podcast and hope to make some new friends before everyone is too exhausted from running around all weekend... Just wanted to shout out + say hi! See you soon!

:goodvibes:goodvibes

Hi Friends!

Just signed up my husband and myself for Sunday's brunch + podcast. Our first mouseketeer will only be 3months old at the time, so he'll be staying home. We actually live in Plymouth, and couldnt pass up the chance at our first DISMeet. Sadly, Im a photographer and have two weddings to shoot on Friday and Saturday :sad1: but I'm free on Sunday, and cant wait for the podcast and hope to make some new friends before everyone is too exhausted from running around all weekend... Just wanted to shout out + say hi! See you soon!

:goodvibes:goodvibes

Wow - I lived there for 65 years before moving to FL in February. Looking forward to being back in town for this event.

We'll be in Plymouth for the meet and I'd love to ask you about moving to Florida from the Northeast. We will be going down in October to look at a school and some homes while vacationing at Saratoga Springs :cool2:

We'll be in Plymouth for the meet and I'd love to ask you about moving to Florida from the Northeast. We will be going down in October to look at a school and some homes while vacationing at Saratoga Springs :cool2:

We would be happy to chat with you about our move! Be sure to look us up while we are at the meet. We're pretty well known by the core organizing group so ask any of them to point us out.

Good question. Even though I used to live in Plymouth, I'm not sure what the whale season is. The calendar on the Captain John Boat site doesn't list what watching excursions for October.
They do list 12PM trips under "buy tickets"

Not sure if we are going to do it based on that 12PM time and who knows about the weather. In early October. $47 per adult which could instead go to GKTW. But it's an option. The hotel is right in the center (as you know). Lots to see and do there

I miss the old wax museum

Can you just show up for events and pay then, or do you have to pre register? I live close by but due to life in general my plans don't always work the way I want them to.

Can you just show up for events and pay then, or do you have to pre register? I live close by but due to life in general my plans don't always work the way I want them to.

We really need to give the hotel counts for food for both Friday and Sunday, that being said we have a hard time turning people away at the door. So I guess the answer is we would LOVE you to come, and we would LOVE you to register but if you are free at the last min than PM me and we will see what we can do!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

They do list 12PM trips under "buy tickets" Not sure if we are going to do it based on that 12PM time and who knows about the weather. In early October. $47 per adult which could instead go to GKTW. But it's an option. The hotel is right in the center (as you know). Lots to see and do there I miss the old wax museum

We talked about a whale watch but with the uncertainty of October weather did not want to commit to one. However, if you would like to do one on your own Saturday afternoon is a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi everyone!

The planning committee would like to remind everyone that the deadline to register for the meet is fast approaching. If you haven't registered, why not? Head over to nedismeet.org to find more details and the link to register. Want to head right to registration? Click here to go right to our eventzilla registration page. Once you've done that make sure to "Like" our Facebook page and "Follow" our Twitter account. Links for both can be found by clicking the small buttons at the very top of our website.

Hope to see you at the meet!

Can you believe we are less than a month away from this event! A whole weekend with folks that love Disney and the Disunplugged. Let's make this event the best one yet and take over Plymouth! Cool weather, the ocean and fall foliage all right outside the venue, what could be better?

I want to see Pete dressed in a Pilgrim costume. His rant could be about how disgusting the local turkey legs are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!