GKTW Event: North Texas Meet - March 22, 2014

Not saying you did anything wrong, sounds like you could have used some help and I could have offered if I knew what was going on. Does the DIS provide you with a leader packet of info, a guideline if you would? Hope you feel better soon, you need to put yourself first and take care of yourself. :earsboy: Bill

No they don't. Each meet is different and what is planned is up to who creates the event. We are already looking for ideas for venues for next year and have contacted one place already. We will post pics or info on the items up for auction as the meet gets closer next time.

We honestly didn't know what to expect this year and who would come. Now we know how to better advertise and I think with each passing year we will gain more knowledge on how to hold a better meet

My husband and I very much enjoyed the fund raiser. I would love to help next year. Keep me in the loop and I will be more than happy to pitch in!

My husband and I very much enjoyed the fund raiser. I would love to help next year. Keep me in the loop and I will be more than happy to pitch in!

Aww, I am happy to hear that! I hope you are willing join our Facebook page! At some point when we get a date settled we will start a new thread for next year!

It looks like we are aiming to have our next Give Kids the World Dismeet on March 28, 2015! This could of course change but it is what we are aiming for right now!

We had fun and the person I took is not a Disney fan, has very little idea of what a podcast is, and had never heard of GKTW. I am already putting together some raffle or donation items. I love having the Facebook page. Makes it so much easier to keep track of as well as being able to let non Dis people know about it.

Casey,

I can speak first hand that these meets are a TON of work. Weather you have 20 or 200 people the time, dedication and stress is all about the same. I spend more time worrying about making sure everyone is happy at our events than I care to think about but the one thing I have going for me is a GREAT team of friends to help. I hope you find the same next year.

Please let me or any of the New England crew know how we can help in the future. Great job!!

We had fun and the person I took is not a Disney fan, has very little idea of what a podcast is, and had never heard of GKTW. I am already putting together some raffle or donation items. I love having the Facebook page. Makes it so much easier to keep track of as well as being able to let non Dis people know about it.

I'm so glad you had fun! Thank you for putting together raffle items for the event! We could use all the raffle or auction items we can get! As we get closer to the event date we will gather info on what we have and share pics of the items!

It makes me feel good you like the Facebook page! I truly wish I would have thought of it for the last meet but we learned from that meet.

We are hoping to find a venue where we can fit as many people who want to go and we are thinking of doing pre purchase tickets. We were kind of disappointed because a lot of people ended up not showing. So we think pre paying may be the way to go.

I'm so glad you had fun! I can't wait until our next meet.

Casey, I can speak first hand that these meets are a TON of work. Weather you have 20 or 200 people the time, dedication and stress is all about the same. I spend more time worrying about making sure everyone is happy at our events than I care to think about but the one thing I have going for me is a GREAT team of friends to help. I hope you find the same next year. Please let me or any of the New England crew know how we can help in the future. Great job!!

Thank you so much for reaching out to me! Thankfully I have 3 people who have been amazing to work with and when we had the unexpected move a week before the event they all really stepped up. They are wonderful and I'm thankful they will be helping again. We have so many ideas for next year and like I've said we've learned a lot

Did the total made for GKTW at the meet in Fort Worth get published? I might have missed it. Was just wondering how much we made for such a great cause. Looking forward to the meet next year. Thanks again for all of your hard work.

That's awesome! So glad that we were able to raise that much and so excited to beat that number next year!!!:thumbsup2

That is a great amount of money! Next year we will make a lot more I am sure! Thank you for all the hard work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter