GKTW Event: Nova Scotia Meet is a GO! Aug 8-10, 2014

How kid friendly will the weekend activities be? I understand the winery probably is not. Are the other things ok to bring children on? The pirate cruise and things? Thanks so much!

Every event is kid friendly, including the winery, which is at lunch time and they have a kid's menu. Click this link which was earlier in this thread http://www.luckettvineyards.com/

The pirate-themed harbour tour may be a bit late for very little ones but we planned all events with the whole family in mind.

It would be awesome if you could make it. Let us know if you have any questions about anything.

The kids will love the phone booth at Luckett's! They can call someone from the middle of the grape field! And it's free! (See the facebook page for pics) Plus we'll have a list of things to explore that day in the Wolfville area - I can even tell you where the kids can go fossil hunting :) if nothing else appeals to them.

The pirate cruise will only go until about 9:30 so unless your kids are wee ones they might be able to handle that; plus we're encouraging them to dress up so they can get their "Arrrr me hearties" on pirate:

The only thing I can think of that the kids might have trouble with is the ghost walk (but my 17 year old has trouble with that too - she says leave me out!).

Hi Folks, crawling out of the apple orchard to join the discussion...just a clarification on the Luckett Lunch! Don't look at their menu! Because we're a big group they will do preorders as we have to pay with one bill; just makes it easier for them at that very busy time of year and much, much faster for us. So, your selections will be -

Lunch Option #1: Panini with a choice of side soup OR salad $17.50 per person
Lunch Option #2: Panini with a side soup AND salad for $20.25 per person

They will also do up a grill cheese Panini for the kids (stay tuned for pricing) and can accommodate gluten free. They will let us know a few days prior to the event what the actual panini options will be. Also, if you are a wine drinker there is sampling at the bar and you can purchase a glass (or bottles to take home) there.

Easiest thing for us would be if you can let us know what your selection will be when you register for our event, and include that amount in your registration payment to Evelyn. And rest assured, your planning team has thoroughly sampled the panini’s and stamped them Disser approved!

Registration is now open for the NS DIS Meet for GKTW!!!!
We have a weekend of fun planned and already some amazing prizes for our main event.
Our host hotel is the Courtyard by Marriott, just ask for the NS DIS meet rate.

http://www.courtyardhalifax.com/?gclid=CJLOzJj-qL4CFeJDMgodVm4AvQ

All of our events are family friendly and for those who want to channel their inner pirate, we encourage like attire for our harbour cruise on Saturday night. Last year this was non stop laughter.

We have our own Face Book page or

2014 NS DIS Meet Itinerary
Friday August 8
Lunch at Chickenburger
Trip/Tour Peggy’s Cove Area
Dinner at Stayner’s Wharf, Halifax -6:00pm
See Menu for Group Dining
-Adults $32.00 incl. tax & gratuity
Ghost Walk at the Citadel
-Adults $10.00 Children $7.00

Saturday August 9
Lunch at Luckett’s Vineyard, Grand Pre
-See Menu & Pricing
Tour of the Wolfville area
Dinner on your own
Pirate/Harbour Cruise

Sunday August 10
Main Event - Springfield Lake Rec. Centre
- Ages 10 & up - $10.00 each

Monday August 11
Tour of Lunenburg

If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me.

Add 2 more to the list! We are coming for the whole weekend!! :banana::banana::banana:

John & I have always wanted to visit the area- what better reason than to raise more money for Give Kids the World! :cool1:

Purchasing airfare tomorrow morning.
Hotel is reserved.
And my check for the events will go in the mail to Evelyn in the morning.

Thanks Evelyn- can't wait to meet you and the whole Nova Scotia team!! :woohoo:
And everyone else who is coming too!v:lovestruc

Our activities are filling up quickly. The ghost walk is sold out and we are working on a few more seats for the pirate cruise. Our block of rooms at the Courtyard Marriott expires today so don't miss out!

The team is working very hard now, wading through the piles of prizes! I did have a couple of tickets on hold that are now available if anyone is interested.

FYI the Monday Lunenburg is cancelled as most of our out of town guests leave that day.

We're just one week away from the event! I'm going to move this over to the main forum now.

Keep up the good work, Nova Scotia team!! :cheer2: :thumbsup2

An incredible weekend of friendship and fun has come and gone with an amazing total of $13,300 (and counting) raised for GKTW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter