GKTW Event: Richmond, Virginia- **CANCEL**

disneym2m

I am only allowed to visit WDW once every 5 years.
11473074115_61bda88057.jpg

Hey everyone:

When Andrea, Cheri and I planned the Richmond Dis Meet, I was waiting for a kidney and pancreas transplant. The doctors told me to live my life. Well I received my transplant on December 22. I thought I would be okay for the Meet. After talking with doctors they feel that me being in a large group setting, with no immune system, would not be the best idea right now.

So the Meet has been canceled for now but we are planning one for either later in the year or early next year.

I do apologize for canceling. If anyone has already registered and paid money please give me a couple of days and I will return the funds to you.

Thank you for your understanding.

- Melissa

Hi everyone:

So apparently April is a very busy month for the city of Richmond. The first weekend is a Civil War Convention, the second weekend is a Sporting Event, the third weekend is Easter, and the fourth weekend is Nascar.

All the hotels are booked and have been booked for almost a year. Also, apparently, April is a popular months for weddings, so a lot of the venues I really wanted were already booked.

SO, the weekend has been changed from April 4 to 6, 2014 to March 28 to 30, 2014 weekend.

I will be finalizing and signs contracts this week so I will have all the details posted sometime next week (hopefully).

I hope everyone can still come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So just out of curiosity, is a Richmond Dis Meet worth putting together?

I think it would be great to have a dis meet that is relatively close to the DC area, there's a chance for a larger group of attendees to come!:)

I am sorry to hear this news, Melissa, but think it is for the better right now. Besides, the meet isn't technically "cancelled," it's postponed to a future date! :thumbsup2

I can't think of a better reason to postpone an event than this!!
Take your time to recover!:goodvibes

Seems a very good reason to cancel.

Get well soon. :hug: Recovering from any surgery can be rough.

Thank you for all the effort you put in to getting things started and good luck with your procedure. :)

Hey everyone:

So I am feeling a little better each day from my procedure and so far, everything is going well.

I was looking at the dates for the rest of the year, and there are so many wonderful meets already planned.

SO......

We are looking at Spring 2015. It will give me a chance to talk to those helping me and to recruit anyone else who would like to volunteer. And also recovery fully for a wonderful weekend. Also, believe it or not I have to actually book a hotel now, due to weddings and conventions occurring in Richmond.

So please enjoy any or all of the Meets planned or in the works for this year and we WILL have a Richmond Dis Meet next year.

If anyone is interested in helping, please let me know. And thank you so much for your kind words and understanding. I really, truly appreciate it.

Hellow

Nice surprise about this shorter form. Can you tell us what it is you are talking/writing about?Has any info. about this shorter form been posted before (and i just missed it)?

Hellow

Nice surprise about this shorter form. Can you tell us what it is you are talking/writing about?Has any info. about this shorter form been posted before (and i just missed it)?

Hi:

The reason this thread is short is because there was not a lot of "traffic" with it. A Richmond, VA Dis Meet was planned for March 2014 but I had to cancel due to health issues. I am just reusing this thread to see who may be interested in a meet next year. I have things in the works and as soon as I have final plans, I will post them either on this thread or begin a new one.

Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter