Glow Party/Meetup Sat Aug 10 (RSVP Thread)

Tiggerette

You are *so much* my type of nerd!!
Hi DISers! I'm super excited for our upcoming DISmeet in August. There's a few unofficial events being coordinated for those of us that want to get together in between other official events. This thread is to coordinate for the "Get your Glow" meet-up before the Pandora Party. If you'd like to co-host (help set-up, help mingle, help clean-up) please chime in here, or PM me.

Date: Sat Aug 10
Time: 8pm-10pm
Who can attend:
It's a public bar area. Anyone can come, and minors need to have adult guardian present. We are not providing any oversight for your youngling. Please be mindful if you are wearing DIS credentials that your words/actions reflect well on your community. :lovestruc

:flower2:[GUEST LIST UPDATED 12-JUL-2019]
Krista "Tigger-ette" 1 (1 glow craft)
Brittany "Czechplz" 4 (at least 2 glow crafts)
Carmela, "Carma3" 3 (3 glow craft)

:flower2:Total Guests for Fun & Frivolity" =8

** I will have enough supplies for 10 glow crafts, and everyone is welcome to come regardless of making a glow craft. It's an open event. Come to mingle, have some mixers!**

Last edited:
Hey y'all. Just a FYI update while I recover from Galaxy's Edge --> Pride Weekend #1 & prep for Pride Weekend #2.

I'm waiting for the official dates/activities before I press on with planning. In the meantime, to let you know what's buzzing in my beehive, here's my initial thoughts about getting together @ Victoria Falls.
- 80% Casual hang-out social, get a drink, chat about the DIS, life and whether honey is a food dish or additive.
- 20% Arts/Crafts at 1-2 high top tables, covered with plastic tablecloth for easy clean-up. Arts/Crafts by RSVP only from 8-9pm to assure distribution to folks that sign up, and free-for-all from 9pm-10pm. Toss all unused arts/crafts, unless a DISer wants to take it with them at the end.

What kind of Arts/Crafts? I'm thinking glow stick things and UV reactive paint, because more glowy things at night = More Fun! Once I get through Pride Weekend #2, I'll focus on choosing some Arts/Crafts. I want to have any orders placed by the week of July 8th. I have a limited to budget to supply arts/crafts, but perhaps collaborating might offer some unique ideas and options!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Hi DISers! Now that we know most of the planned events, please post your interest in coming to this meet-up. It will help me plan for supplies. The name is so I can follow up and make sure you get a chance to "get your glow on" before people that didn't RSVP. There's no extra cost, just keep your RSVP current and come have fun.

Please post by July 7. I'm making the supply order July 8.
- DIS Name/Credential First Name (if different):
- How many attending:
- How many want to participate in glow crafts:
- How many under age 10 to participate in glow crafts:

Example:
- Name: Tigger-ette/ Krista
- Attending: 1
- Glow Crafts: 1
- Under 10: none

Last edited:

We will be at the party. There will be (4) of us. Ron, Tina, Johnny & Rona. Thanks. We made a reservation early for Jiko.

- DIS Name/Credential First Name (if different): czechplz / Brittany
- How many attending: 4
- How many want to participate in glow crafts: Sure! I know at least two of us will definitely participate
- How many under age 10 to participate in glow crafts: 0
(I already posted in the Unofficial thread so don't double count me.)

Thoughts on transportation: We have no plans on how to get to DAK. I was thinking of leaving the for party at maybe a quarter till and seeing if buses were available. If not, a Lyft is probably the way to go.

I agree on transit. At about 9:15pm, I will schedule a Minnie Van for those that want to carpool with me. Right now our RSVP numbers are so low, it'll be quite manageable. I plan to leave Victoria Falls at 10sharp to head to DAK. We've been requested to arrive by 10:30pm. So leaving at 10:00pm should get us there for 10:20pm or sooner.
The DAK closes at 9pm, so if you want to use the free bus, you'll be waiting around awhile. However, there is a Rainforest Cafe meet-up dinner to pass the intervening hour! RC closes at 10pm that night.

DIS Name/Credential First Name (if different): Bartleyosu Crystal and Bill Bartley from Ohio
- How many attending: 2
- How many want to participate in glow crafts: ? If just glow sticks yes, not very crafty

We will be going over to Nomad then about 1/2 way

Hi DISers! I'm super excited for our upcoming DISmeet in August. There's a few unofficial events being coordinated for those of us that want to get together in between other official events. This thread is to coordinate for the "Get your Glow" meet-up before the Pandora Party. If you'd like to co-host (help set-up, help mingle, help clean-up) please chime in here, or PM me.

Date: Sat Aug 10
Time: 8pm-10pm
Who can attend:
It's a public bar area. Anyone can come, and minors need to have adult guardian present. We are not providing any oversight for your youngling. Please be mindful if you are wearing DIS credentials that your words/actions reflect well on your community. :lovestruc

:flower:[UPDATE 22-JUN-2019] :flower:
Hi DISers! Now that we know most of the planned events, please post your interest in coming to this meet-up. It will help me plan for supplies. The name is so I can follow up and make sure you get a chance to "get your glow on" before people that didn't RSVP. There's no extra cost, just keep your RSVP current and come have fun.

- How many attending:

Example:

:flower:[END UPDATE 22-JUN-2019]

Questions for thread. Please feel welcome to respond to any of these questions that resonate with you. Please feel welcome not to respond to the questions and just offer your own ideas/thoughts/questions for the community:

- Do you plan to use UV reactive paint on your party outfit or accessory? Are you interested in using UV reactive paint on your accessory?

- What kind of glow accessory do you think would be fun for us to make or order ahead of time to assemble/ put-on at the party?
(Please keep in mind we cannot use IP of businesses, i.e.; we cannot say "Pandora,""Disney," "DIS," "DISunplugged" etc. We can be fans, but we cannot use their IP without explicit permission in advance.)

- Do you plan to carpool/Minnie van to DAK? Would you participate in an advance reservation to transport to DAK? Other transit ideas?

- I plan to collaborate wherever possible with the AKV food/beverage & DIS to identify any concerns. (Other than the obvious, don't make a mess; don't be a jerk; tip your bartender; be the light you want to see in the world.... etc) I don't want to assume plans without checking in along the way. It might be they don't care, but in case they do, it's better to chat in advance. Any other leadership groups that would be good to check-in with?

- Are you interested in co-hosting? (help set-up, help mingle, help clean-up)

- Are you interested in helping to order/create flair that glows?
DIS Name/Credential First Name (if different):
- How many attending:

Thoughts on transportation: We have no plans on how to get to DAK. I was thinking of leaving the for party at maybe a quarter till and seeing if buses were available. If not, a Lyft is probably the way to go.

just wanted to add here so that it was clear, John mentioned on the Official thread that there would be no additional Disney trasportation to get people to Animal Kingdom for the party so do not expect any Disney buses after the park closes (which is scheduled for 9pm as @Tiggerette mentioned). So if you want to use a bus I would plan on heading over like 8:30 or something - just not sure how close to 9pm they would still be running busses ... but I think it is great idea of Tiggerette to try to organize Minnie Vans or Lyft, etc. - if you share the cost it won't be too much to get over closer to the party starting

DIS Name/Credential First Name (if different): Bartleyosu Crystal and Bill from Ohio
- How many attending: 2
- How many want to participate in glow crafts: ? If just glow sticks yes, not very crafty

We will be going over to Nomad then about 1/2 way

Welcome! So glad to have you! I'll update the first post with a collated list this weekend.

Just a quick note on Nomad Lounge; DAK closes at 9pm. You're welcome to come to Victoria Falls anytime. I'll be arriving around 7:40pm to get set up, but folks are welcome to come early and go as you please! :tilt:

Guest List updated on first post. If you're planning on joining us for a libation and chatter, please RSVP.
If you want to participate in glow crafts, please RSVP by July 7th. I'm ordering supplies the week of July 8th. Looking forward to a grand time! :cutie:

After looking at it, you are right. We cannot do Victoria Falls and Nomad. I forgot about the park not being open and running buses. Unfortunately, please take us off the list. Thank you.

- How many attending:

Example:

Name: Carma3/ Carmela
- Attending: 3
- Glow Crafts: 3

Hi y'all! I just checked and Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom will be open to 10pm on Saturday. It must have changed when the park hours changed.

I wanted to see what we thought about moving our socializing to the bar at Rainforest Cafe. (Not a dinner table, the bar for free-form butterfly socializing.)

Benefits to RC: Easy transition to AK for party check-in. One-Stop-Sip.
Drawback to RC: Louder. Less convenient for guests NOT going to the Pandora party. Different layout than VFalls/seats 30.

(Especially for our guests that already RSVP'd)
What do y'all think?

It's fine by me if we change it. I do prefer Victoria Falls, but either one is fine.

It's here, party day!!! Come join us, even if you're not going to Pandora. (Victoria Falls at AKV, tonight/Sat 8pm-10pm.)

In theme of Pandora, I'll have bracelets that should react to black light, some small floral glow crafts and of course, relaxed sip 'n chat sociableness.

Hope you enjoy your evening, wherever Eywa leads you! :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts