Gluten free at HS

javamoma

<font color=deeppink>Diz Kid for Life<br><font col
We have a couple of gluten allergies in our party and will be at Hollywood Studios this week. We normally do table service but due to short park hours we will be eating counter service.
For those with a gluten allergy, what are you favorite counter service meals and snacks at HS?
Thanks for your help!

I enjoyed the salads at both Docking Bay 7 and Backlot Express. Both were quite flavorful and would be a good option in the hot summer weather.

I enjoyed the salads at both Docking Bay 7 and Backlot Express. Both were quite flavorful and would be a good option in the hot summer weather.

Backlot Express for sure. Woody's Lunchbox would have been a great option but unfortunately closed right now :(

Are they Celiac or gluten-sensitive? I still make it a point to speak with a manager at the QS locations to ensure they're as careful as possible in regards to cross contamination.

BaseLine tap house has a great charcuterie board that they will make you GF flatbread/crostini’s for (I think they’re made from Udi’s pizza crust). And it’s only $10, what a steal!

I also like the wrap-less Ronto wrap (available on the mobile order allergy menu), which you can have as a breakfast version with eggs or regular version. Ronto Roasters has some other snacks too that are GF.

HBD lounge has lots of great options like filet sliders with GF buns but they aren’t serving food right now, only drinks.

I live off salads in the summer but my mom does not enjoy eating salads at every meal. Sometimes when traveling salads are the only gluten free option for several meals in a row and she gets burned out. Hopefully we will find something other than a salad for her.

Hubby has celiac, and the soft-serve ice cream is OK (don't know what's open, but we've been to Dinosaur Gerties, and once they made him a strawberry sundae at the stand just outside Indian Jones because he couldn't have the funnel cake)

My new favorite GF option in HS is the Felucian Kefta and Hummus Garden spread (minus the pita) at Docking Bay 7. It was really tasty and different from my usual salads and GF chicken nuggets that I seem to get at most QS.

We rely on the GF chicken tenders and fries from Rosie's on every trip for lunch. They are always cooked well and perfectly hot and crispy. Might not be the most exciting meal for dinner, however. Rosie's does have burgers as well, but haven't tried those.

^^^ that would be a good option for DD.
She (adult) does not eat salads.
She hasn't been on a vacation since her allergy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter