Gluten free bread?

epcotobsessed

DIS Veteran
For any folks out there who can't eat gluten - what restaurant(s) have good gluten free bread offerings/substitutes? Thanks in advance!

From most reports, (sorry - the new interface does not play well with my phone) the bread if rolls are brought is Ener-G. I avoid those empty calories, so I do not know how good it is.

Sanaa is supposed to be good with gf naan for their bread service.

I have yet to find good buns for burgers that do not fall apart - the one at BOATHOUSE was good but still fell apart - so I will usually just get the burger without a bun. Or get something else.

I'm not much help since if it's with bread I tend to avoid it like burgers. I think some places have gluten free rolls but I've never been to them.

If you’re looking for non-sandwich bread, you can get gluten free Mickey waffles at most places that serve Mickey waffles. The resort quick service locations definitely have them. They’re my husband’s favorite!

Most table services have a gluten free bread option if they bring our regular bread. I think they mostly use the same bread but some chefs do a much better job warming them up properly and they can be very good or mediocre depending on how it was done.

I have had fine luck with the GF burger buns. Most QS places offer them if they offer burgers or chicken sandwiches. If you are used to Gf bread already they are perfectly fine. If you aren’t, maybe they will be less good. I have been GF for a decade so I don’t really know anymore.

I really like the GF flatbreads at Mama Melrose. They are an appetizer, not a free thing brought out, but the mushroom one was super delicious.

Thanks all. I was diagnosed with Celiac a long time ago, long before GF products were readily available in stores, so it's still amazing to me that there are so many options now. I am used to avoiding "substitutes" and just sticking to naturally GF foods but since there are so many good bread-like alternatives now I am always looking for where the best options are.

Most table services have a gluten free bread option if they bring our regular bread. I think they mostly use the same bread but some chefs do a much better job warming them up properly and they can be very good or mediocre depending on how it was done.

I have had fine luck with the GF burger buns. Most QS places offer them if they offer burgers or chicken sandwiches. If you are used to Gf bread already they are perfectly fine. If you aren’t, maybe they will be less good. I have been GF for a decade so I don’t really know anymore.

I really like the GF flatbreads at Mama Melrose. They are an appetizer, not a free thing brought out, but the mushroom one was super delicious.

I have only been gf for 2 years (wheat allergy, not celiac), but I have yet to find burger buns that do not crumble.

I have only been gf for 2 years (wheat allergy, not celiac), but I have yet to find burger buns that do not crumble.
I find that Udi’s Buns hold up well. We like the boar burger at Raglan Road, which I believe is on an Udi’s bun. Boathouse has Udi’s as well. The burger at DeLuxe is on a substantial GF bun as well.

I have only been gf for 2 years (wheat allergy, not celiac).

I am also gf due to a wheat allergy, 4 years.

I also tend to avoid gf buns because of the crumbling issue. Honestly, I just avoid most gf bread because it just makes me sad. Occasionally I will nibble on the rolls they bring at table service restaurants if I am starving and the rolls are warm... I don't think they are very good once they get cold.

I find that Udi’s Buns hold up well. We like the boar burger at Raglan Road, which I believe is on an Udi’s bun. Boathouse has Udi’s as well. The burger at DeLuxe is on a substantial GF bun as well.

I wish I knew what they did to it at BOATHOUSE to make it slightly less crumbly. I’ve tried Udi’s at home and they crumble horribly.

My issue is also with wheat, not gluten, and the best burger bun I’ve had at WDW has been at Beaches N Cream, of all places.

I wish I knew what they did to it at BOATHOUSE to make it slightly less crumbly. I’ve tried Udi’s at home and they crumble horribly.
It’s just a matter of how fresh they are. Every once in awhile I get a super fresh pack from the grocery store and they are soft, but most of the time they crumble. I have found that toasting them helps a lot. But I use O’Dough’s sandwich thins now for my GF hamburger buns. Those have a great texture.

I get the gf bread at breakfast and lunch at BOG. It was Udi’s last trip. A little dry at lunch so I got extra mayonnaise for my sandwich. At breakfast it was fine with the poached egg and the gf pastries were delicious! I can’t wait to go back!

I also eat GF and we were just at WDW in March. Usually I just avoid any bread-type meals, but most TS places brought me prepackaged GF rolls with the regular bread service, and those were all the dry, crumbly ones.

At Coral Reef of all places, I actually requested no GF bread, and the waitress said, Oh but the chef is already making you some... she brought out freshly baked GF rolls that were actually really good.

I also got the GF Mickey waffles when we had breakfast at 1900 PF and really liked those, so I agree to try the Mickey waffles (I think they’re probably prepared the same everywhere).

I was served gf rolls at BOG dinner last October even though I don’t have gluten issues because they couldn’t guarantee the standard ones were cross contamination safe for my tree nut allergy. Our server asked me if I was ok with the gf ones that were made safe. They were hot fresh and really good. My partner had the normal ones and actually preferred mine!

I’m allergic to dairy & soy. In most cases the only bread that is both dairy & soy free is the gluten free bread. Ok for burgers. But when my friends are munching on the fabulous bread at California Grill and I have the GF rolls I am very sad.

OP- I eat gluten free. I developed a wheat allergy (out of the blue) four years ago. DW is the best place for allergies! My favorite sandwich I had was at Woody’s Lunchbox. Worst pizza was at the boardwalk. I am so happy with their gluten free options. If doing a buffet Boma was amazing. 😊

I must admit I don't have much experience with gluten free cardboard. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter