Glutin free waffles at all restaurants?

I'd think if they weren't on the gluten free menu for that restaurant that that particular restaurant wouldn't carry them at all.

When you say that some menus don't have them, please know that they aren't listed on the main menu.

You would have to check the allergy menu.

At which restaurants are you for them?

if it is not listed on the available allergy menu, then it is not an option. and you cannot count on being able to 'special order' anything.

You can contact special diets ahead of time to let them know of your food restrictions and they will try to let you know what will be available and where. We deal with many food allergies, one of them being wheat, and we had great success at all restaurants - chefs are very accommodating, especially if they know you're coming in advance :)

Breakfast is our favorite meal at Disney! My son has to be gluten and dairy free. We've had great luck at getting waffles. We've stayed at a lot of different Disney resorts, and have always been able to get allergy Mickey Waffles in the morning from the counter service places (you just have to order and wait a little longer for them- usually 15 minutes tops). Lots of table service restaurants have them too. Only place I can think of that didn't have the mickey waffles was Akershus princess breakfast in Norway, and even then, they had Vans allergy friendly waffles for my son. The Disney chefs are wonderful!

DD and I have dairy allergy and have not always found mickey waffles or eggs. I've been told that there isn't an allergy waffle maker, for example, making it impossible to get an allergy waffle at that location. I'm sorry that I don't remember the locations as it was a few years ago but we were told this in multiple locations. I know that we were offered a Van's waffle once, but I wouldn't have been excited by that since I get those at home. If you really want a Mickey Waffle, you do need to find it on allergy menus.
To us it seems as if there are fewer options now than there were, say, 5 years ago. When more than one allergy is accommodated at a time for safety (and chef sanity?) reasons, it limits menu options. For example, I used to be able to get diary-free Tonga Toast, but it wouldn't be gluten-free or egg-free etc. And it couldn't be cooked in the designated allergy-friendly part of the kitchen because it isn't free of other allergens. I do miss the options that were available before allergy menus, but I appreciate the effort to keep us safe. I almost never eat out except at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter